
Bauhinia Hotel TST: Hong Kong's BEST Kept Secret? (Luxury Awaits!)
Bauhinia Hotel TST: Hong Kong's "Secret" Luxury – More Like a Surprisingly Comfy Hug (and a Few Hiccups)
(SEO Keywords: Bauhinia Hotel TST, Hong Kong Hotel Review, Luxury Hotel, Tsim Sha Tsui Hotel, Accessible Hotel, Free Wi-Fi, Spa, Swimming Pool, Kowloon Hotel, Hong Kong Travel, Best Hotels Hong Kong)
Okay, so the hype surrounding Bauhinia Hotel TST is real. The whispers, the online murmurs… they all promise this hidden gem, a secret sanctuary in the heart of bustling Tsim Sha Tsui. And after a recent stay, I can confirm… it's mostly true. But like any good secret, it's got its quirks, its triumphs, and a few, shall we say, less than perfect moments. But overall? I'd go back. Definitely.
First Impressions: Accessibility, Check? (Mostly)
Right off the bat, I'm a fan of hotels that try. And Bauhinia, bless its heart, tries in the accessibility department. Wheelchair accessibility is a definite plus – the lobby, the elevators, most of the common areas are navigable. Now, I didn't personally require full wheelchair access, but I saw families using wheelchairs, and they seemed to manage alright. Didn't see any ramps that felt designed to be used with the grace of a ballet dancer, mind you… more like "functional." But definitely a win compared to some of the older hotels in the area.
[Accessibility Rambles] Look, accessibility is HUGE for me. It's one of those things you only really appreciate when it’s missing. I vividly remember trying to navigate a tiny, antique hotel in Paris once… let's just say my suitcase and I were having a very intimate relationship with the stairs. So, hats off to Bauhinia for even attempting to make things easily available to all.
Rooms: Comfort, Contradictions, and an Awkward Bathrobe
The room itself? Available in all rooms, the Air conditioning was a LIFESAVER, especially after a long day navigating the humid streets. Free Wi-Fi! (A must.) And it actually worked, which is a miracle in itself. Bathrobes were a fluffy dream. But, and this is a BIG but, the robe felt like it was designed for someone with the torso of a small child. I'm not exactly known for my super-long limbs, but I couldn't quite get it to close. Felt like a poorly-wrapped present.
The blackout curtains? Brilliant! I slept like a log, which, given the usual noise levels of TST, is a small miracle. The complimentary tea was a nice touch, the coffee/tea maker meant my morning ritual could happen without having to actually leave the room (bliss!). And the in-room safe box provided peace of mind for my passport. Overall, a very comfortable and functional space, with plenty of Linens.
Dining: From Asian Delights to Slightly Bland Buffets
Let's be honest, the food is a big part of the experience. The Asian cuisine in restaurant was absolutely incredible. I had the most delightful noodles and some spring rolls that still haunt my dreams. Absolutely divine! The Breakfast [buffet], however, was a bit… hit-or-miss. "Hit" being the fresh fruit and the pastries. "Miss" being the scrambled eggs that tasted suspiciously like they'd been born weeks ago in a lab. Asian breakfast was, predictably, a lot more my speed. Avoid what you can.
[Dining Anecdote] Speaking of, the first morning I was there, I headed straight for that "fruit" section. I was starving, and after a particularly rough flight, all I wanted was a decent apple. Except, what I got was a perfectly spherical, yet strangely flavorless, thing that I think was supposed to be an apple. It was so perfect, it was almost…off-putting. And the "orange" tasted more like orange-flavored air freshener. I went for the pastries after that.
The Poolside bar was a nice addition, with cocktails that were both Instagrammable and potent (always a good combo). They offered a Bottle of water, which was a lifesaver. And the Snack bar was convenient for a quick bite.
Wellness: Spa Dreams, Gym Realities
Okay, the spa! This is where Bauhinia really shines. The Pool with view was breathtaking, overlooking the city. And the Swimming pool [outdoor] was perfect for a refreshing dip, especially after a day of exploring. The Sauna and Steamroom were everything you'd want them to be – hot, steamy, and blissfully quiet. The Spa treatments themselves (I indulged in the Body scrub AND the Body wrap) were heavenly; a perfect antidote to the city's frenetic energy.
Now, about the Fitness center. Let's just say it was… compact. It had the basics, but if you're a hardcore gym rat, this might not be your sanctuary. But it’s a good place to go for a quick workout, the Gym/fitness was a good add.
Cleanliness & Safety: A Modern Hotel's Priority
Here's where Bauhinia scores major points. Given the current… state of the world, I was incredibly impressed with their commitment to hygiene. Daily disinfection in common areas was obvious. They had Hand sanitizer stations everywhere. The staff were clearly trained in safety protocol, and I saw them constantly sanitizing surfaces. Room sanitization opt-out available was also a nice touch, and I appreciated the Individually-wrapped food options. They also had Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, which was welcomed.
[Safety Rant] I've stayed in places where "clean" apparently meant "swept weekly." So, I was thrilled to see this level of attention to detail. It made me feel genuinely safe, which is priceless in any hotel these days.
Services & Conveniences: The Good, the Quirky, and the "Where's the Iron?"
The concierge was helpful, arranging taxis and offering recommendations. Doorman was always polite. Daily housekeeping kept the room spotless. Contactless check-in/out was a breeze. They had a Gift/souvenir shop. They also had a Cash withdrawal. However… there was one, tiny (but significant) problem. The lack of an Ironing service was a bit of a head-scratcher. They did have Ironing facilities in the rooms. It was a bit tricky to find them, but I eventually got it done.
[Quirky Observation] The elevator! This thing was a character. Lovely, but sometimes it took a while to arrive. Also, the lighting in the elevators had this strange, almost disco-ball-esque effect. Made for some interesting elevator rides!
Things to Do/Ways to Relax: Beyond the Spa
Bauhinia is well-placed for exploring TST. You're within walking distance of shopping, restaurants, and the harbour. The Terrace was great for a nightcap.
Final Verdict: Is Bauhinia Hotel TST Hong Kong's Best-Kept Secret?
Not a secret, but definitely a gem. Bauhinia Hotel TST is a comfortable, well-located hotel with a fantastic spa, excellent Asian cuisine, and a genuine commitment to cleanliness and guest safety. It’s not without its quirks, but those are part of the charm. The accessibility is a huge plus, and the staff are generally friendly and helpful.
Final Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars (minus one star for the questionable breakfast and the Robe-gate)
Would I Recommend It? Absolutely. Especially if you're looking for a relaxing escape in the heart of a vibrant city. Just maybe bring your own iron. And don’t be afraid of the almost perfect apple.**
Unbelievable Deals at Baymont by Wyndham Indianapolis West! (Book Now!)
Okay, buckle up buttercups. Here's my attempt at an utterly chaotic, beautifully flawed, and hopefully hilarious itinerary for a stay at The Bauhinia Hotel-TST in Hong Kong. Consider this less of a schedule and more of a semi-coherent, emotionally charged, and caffeine-fueled journey through my potential Hong Kong adventure.
The Bauhinia Ballet (and Breakdown) - A Hong Kong Ramble (and Rant)
Day 1: Arrival, Jet Lag, and Dim Sum Dreams (Shattered?)
- 7:00 AM (ish) - Arrival in Hong Kong: Woo-hoo! Okay, the plane ride was a nightmare – the crying baby, the armrest hog, the inane movie choices… but finally, we're in Hong Kong! Airport shenanigans: grabbing luggage is a sport, finding the right taxi is a gamble. Feeling cautiously optimistic, or at least, still upright.
- 8:00 - 9:30 AM – Taxi Tango to The Bauhinia. Pray the taxi driver knows how to navigate the labyrinthine streets without turning the ride into a roller coaster. My luggage weighs a ton and I am already sweating, not a great start.
- 9:30 AM - 10:00 AM – Check-In Calamity at The Bauhinia: Cross fingers for a smooth check-in, or at least one where I don't have to explain my passport for the tenth time. Hoping for a room with a view… that doesn’t involve staring directly at a brick wall.
- 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM – Jet Lag Grapple: Nap? Explore? The eternal question. Right. Nap first. My brain feels like a scrambled egg.
- 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM – Dim Sum Delight (Or Disaster?): Okay, this is the big one. Dim Sum is everything I've dreamed of. Research time: which place? Is it touristy? Authentic? Will I have to yell to order? This might make or break the trip, I swear. I'm picturing myself happily stuffing my face with har gow and char siu bao, but let's be honest, I'm probably going to end up spilling soy sauce down my front and feeling intensely self-conscious.
- Rambling Thought: I've read that the queues can be insane! I wonder if I can bribe someone with Western snacks to get in early? Hmm… or maybe just embrace the wait and people-watch. I always learn something new from watching people.
- 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM – Stumbling Around TST: Post-dim sum coma, probably. Time to wander around Tsim Sha Tsui. Maybe hit up the waterfront, admire the skyline (assuming the jet lag and the humidity haven't melted my eyeballs), and try not to get overwhelmed by all the people.
- Quirky Observation: The neon signs! I’ve seen pictures! Does anyone actually understand what they say? I'll try to decipher one, probably fail miserably, and then take a picture anyway.
- 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM – Retail Therapy (Or Regret?): Okay, I'm a sucker for shopping. But the reality is that I always buy things I don't need and then have to lug them around. Still, tempting. Maybe just window shop. Or… just one souvenir. Right?
- 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM – Dinner…and the Search for Deliciousness: Another restaurant, to continue the quest for perfection! I am torn! What kind of food should I try today? Should I follow a recommendation, or wander and see what calls to me?
- 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM – Symphony of Lights? The iconic light show from the waterfront. I really, REALLY want to see it, but if I do not see it, I will still survive! The question is, will my energy levels hold up? Pray for me. I hope I'm not too tired to appreciate it.
- 10:00 PM Onwards: Back to The Bauhinia. Collapse. Try to remember what day it is. Possibly order room service (because, hey, I'm on vacation!). Sleep. Or, you know, maybe spend an hour counting the blinking lights in the city.
Day 2: Culture Shock (and Bubble Tea Bliss)
- 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM: Breakfast at The Bauhinia. (Assuming I can get out of bed) hotel breakfast, which will probably involve an egg station. The universal language of breakfast, right? It will be a familiar ritual.
- 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM – Culture Dive! (Temple Trouble?) I’m thinking a temple visit. Maybe Wong Tai Sin Temple. I've read that the fortune-telling game is something else. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but it could make for a great story.
- Emotional Reaction: I'm going to try to be mindful and respectful. I don't want to be "that tourist". But I am also terrified of accidentally offending someone.
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM – Lunch…and the Bubble Tea Breakthrough! I HAVE to try bubble tea. A genuine obsession. Now the quest begins, in search of the best bubble tea. My taste buds are ready.
- 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM – Exploring! (Or Getting Lost?): Maybe exploring more of the neighborhood, or a museum. I don't usually follow a "schedule" so hopefully I can get up and go with the flow.
- Messier Structure: I'm sure half of my time will be spent looking at maps, getting confused, and then asking for directions. Hopefully my very basic Cantonese will get me far.
- 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM – The Perfect Snack. More bubble tea, if I don't make it, it would be a tragedy.
- 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM – Relaxation. Back at The Bauhinia.
- 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM – Dinner…and the Nightlife!
- 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM – Night Adventure. Drinks? Karaoke (maybe not…).
- 10:00 PM onwards: Back to the hotel, feeling happy and tired.
Day 3: Unexpected Detours & Departure Doom (or Delight?)
- Morning: The last day.
- Day & Afternoon: Whatever I forgot to do!
- Evening: Back to the airport.
Final Thoughts (and Existential Dread):
This is my plan… sort of. I'm sure it will go sideways in the most delightful ways. The point, for me, is to be open to the chaos, the unexpected encounters, and the inevitable cultural blunders. I want to remember the sights, the smells, the tastes, and the sheer energy of Hong Kong. And hopefully, when I get home, I'll have a suitcase full of memories (and a few too many souvenirs) to prove it.
Wish me luck! And if you see a disoriented, slightly overwhelmed person wearing a "I <3 Hong Kong" t-shirt, that's probably me. Say hi!
Logan's BEST Kept Secret: Days Inn & Suites Review (You WON'T Believe This!)
Bauhinia Hotel TST: Hong Kong's BEST Kept Secret? (Or Maybe Not So Secret Anymore... Let's See!) - The Unfiltered FAQs
Okay, spill the tea! Is the Bauhinia Hotel *really* a luxury haven, or just another pretty face on Instagram?
Alright, alright, hold your horses! "Luxury haven"... that's a big claim. I'll admit, when I first saw the photos, my jaw did a little drop. But let me tell you, real life is rarely as curated as an Instagram feed. My first impression? The lobby *is* gorgeous – that whole art deco vibe is seriously swoon-worthy. Think soft lighting, plush velvet... you get the picture. But, (and there’s ALWAYS a but, isn't there?) the check-in? Slightly chaotic. There was a minor language barrier thing going on, which led to a rather amusing misunderstanding about my room preference. Ended up with a view of... well, let's just say it wasn't Central Park. But, even with the slightly wonky start, the room itself? Pretty darn nice. So… hybrid answer: More "luxury-adjacent" than pure, unadulterated, roll-around-in-hundred-dollar-bills luxury. But still, very, very good.
The location – Tsim Sha Tsui. Good, or gloriously touristy?
Okay, TST. Love it or hate it, you're gonna *know* you're in the thick of it. The Bauhinia is smack-bang in the middle. Great for convenience – literally steps from the MTR, shopping galore (hello, credit card!), and the Star Ferry is just a stroll away. But… tourist central, my friends. Prepare for crowds, flashing lights, and the general sensory overload that is Hong Kong. Honestly, sometimes I just wanted to hide in my room with a good book and a mountain of dim sum (more on that later!). So, pros and cons. Super easy to get around, see the sights, and eat EVERYTHING. Cons? It's not exactly a tranquil escape. Think vibrant, not serene.
The rooms! Tell me EVERYTHING. Are they actually worth the hype?
Okay, ROOMS! Here's where things get interesting. I stayed in a... well, it was supposed to be a "deluxe city view". Notice the air quotes. The "city view" turned out to be… mostly other buildings. But the room itself? Pretty damn swanky. Big, comfortable bed (crucial!), seriously good air conditioning (also crucial in HK!), and the bathroom… oh, the bathroom. Marble everywhere! Rain shower! And the toiletries? Fancy stuff that actually smelled amazing. I may have swiped a few... (don't judge me!). The lighting was particularly thoughtful, with enough options that you could create a mood, from "morning alertness" to "romantic rendezvous". The desk was a good size for work, which I occasionally did (okay, maybe mostly after I'd exhausted all the entertainment options). Overall? Worth it, yes. But next time? I'm demanding a harbour view. And maybe a bigger bottle of that shampoo. Just saying…
Speaking of demanding… what about the service? Are the staff attentive, or just… present?
Service…ahhh, the age-old question. It's a mixed bag. Some staff members are genuinely lovely – super helpful, always smiling, going the extra mile. Others… well, let's just say their English skills weren't quite up to par (I speak absolutely *no* Cantonese, so judge me if you will...). There were a couple of times where I struggled to get my point across, which led to some minor frustrations (like, say, when my room service order arrived with the wrong coffee. The HORROR!). But the concierge was pretty excellent. He helped me book a restaurant (that I had to cancel last minute thanks to the worst stomach bug of my life--more on that in another question) and gave me a great tip for a hidden gem noodle shop that was absolute MAGIC. So, overall? Decent, but not flawless. Definitely friendly, even if communication wasn't always perfect. A little more training in English wouldn't hurt, though. Just a thought!
Breakfast! Must-have or miss-able? And what even IS the breakfast situation?
Breakfast…okay, this is important. Breakfast is the *most* important meal of the day, and the Bauhinia? Delivers, mostly. They had a decent buffet spread. Fresh fruit (always a win!), pastries (essential!), and the usual suspects: eggs, bacon, the whole shebang. But here’s where it gets good: They had a dim sum station! Steaming, fluffy, delicious dumplings. I might have eaten… a lot. Like, *so* many. (I'm getting hungry just thinking about it). And the coffee was actually pretty good. No instant stuff here! The atmosphere in the breakfast area was a bit… hectic at peak times. A real free-for-all, dodging people with plates piled high. But, hey, that's part of the fun, right? So, yes. Must-have. Especially the dim sum. Go there, get it. You won't regret it, unless, like me, you eat so much you can't move for the next few hours.
What about dining *outside* the hotel? Any recommendations?
Dining! Oh, glorious Hong Kong food! TST is a goldmine, but it's also easy to get lost in the tourist traps. Okay, a note here: I spent most of my trip...uh... *not* dining. Let's just say a nasty stomach bug (probably that undercooked chicken from the night before) decided to wreak havoc on my digestive system (as mentioned before, the worst!), so, my culinary adventures were severely curtailed which was a tragedy. However, I did manage to sneak out one night (after copious amounts of Pepto-Bismol), and I can recommend two places... The first is a small, hole-in-the-wall noodle place just around the corner (seriously, ask the concierge!). The noodles were unbelievably good. Another place had amazing dim sum, but I can't remember the blasted name, just off the main drag near the hotel. Do your research! TST's got everything from street food to Michelin-starred restaurants. Just… maybe avoid anything that looks *too* cheap, or you might end up like me, praying to the porcelain god.
Pool? Gym? Any amenities to help sweat out all that dim sum?
Okay, the amenities. Yes, they have a gym. I glanced in. Looked…well, like a gym. Machines, treadmills, the usual suspects. Did I use it? Let's just say my motivation was... lacking. That dim sum... it was a hard task to work off. They also have a pool. I *did* see the pool! It looked lovely, a rooftop infinity pool with a view. Unfortunately, I was still battling my own internal storm of stomach issues so a swim wasn't on the cards (another tragedy). The whole wellness aspectCoastal Inns


Post a Comment for "Bauhinia Hotel TST: Hong Kong's BEST Kept Secret? (Luxury Awaits!)"