
Corowa's BEST Kept Secret: Statesman Motor Inn!
Corowa's BEST Kept Secret? Statesman Motor Inn: A Review That's Definitely Not Holding Back!
Alright, so let's talk about the Statesman Motor Inn in Corowa. They call it a "secret." More like a well-worn, slightly faded postcard, I'd say. Don't get me wrong, it's got history, charm, and… well, let's just say it's an experience. I've stayed here, and I'm ready to spill the tea, the coffee, and maybe a little bit of that questionable gravy they serve at breakfast. Buckle up, buttercups, because this is going to be… messy.
(Metadata & SEO Kicking In… for the Google Gods!)
Keywords: Statesman Motor Inn, Corowa, Hotel Review, Accessible Hotel, Wheelchair Accessible, Free Wi-Fi, Swimming Pool, Spa, Restaurant, Meeting Facilities, Family Friendly, Cleanliness, Safety, Business Travel, Weekend Getaway, Murray River, Accommodation, Travel Australia, Corowa Accommodation.
(Let the Rambling Begin!)
First off, accessibility. This is where the Statesman kinda shines. They've got facilities for disabled guests, which is a BIG plus. I’m not in a wheelchair myself, but I saw a few ramps and what looked like accessible rooms. I'm guessing it's not perfect, but at least they're trying. I'm giving them a solid, optimistic "thumbs up… with reservations."
Getting Around:
- Car park [free of charge]: YES! That's a winner in my book. No annoying parking fees.
- Car park [on-site]: And it's right there. Convenient.
Rooms: The Good, The Bad, and the "Why is that a thing?"
Let's dive into the rooms because this is where the Statesman gets interesting.
- Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Praise the internet gods! Though, on occasion, the connection felt like it was dial-up from the early 90s. Don't plan on streaming any high-definition anything. But hey, it's free, so I can't complain too much.
- Internet access- Wireless (Wi-Fi [free]): Check! Sort of.
- Air conditioning: Essential. Especially if you're visiting in the Corowa summer.
- Blackout curtains: A lifesaver. Slept like a baby. Or at least someone who'd had several glasses of wine.
- Coffee/tea maker: Essential for dealing with said several glasses of wine.
- Daily housekeeping: Always nice to come back to a tidy room. Though I suspect my own attempts at tidying might be superior.
- Mini bar: Sadly, no. Though there's a convenience store nearby where you can stock up on treats.
- Bathrobes: Yes! The little touches that make you feel pampered. Though… I did notice a small, almost imperceptible tear in mine. Minor detail.
- Bathtub: Mine was clean and worked perfectly, a welcome relaxation.
- TV with satellite channels: I got to catch up on a few shows. Even if those channels were a bit dated.
- Complimentary bottled water: This is a plus! Hydration is key.
Now, for the "Why?" moments…
- Extra long bed: My bed was heavenly!
- Soundproofing: The room was quiet, even though it was facing the road, which was a good plus.
- Mirror: Needed to do my reflection.
Rooms, The Imperfections
- Carpeting The carpeting could definitely use and upgrade!
- Desk: The desk, was just a touch to small.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: An Adventure in Itself!
Okay, the restaurants. This is where things get real. The Statesman has a restaurant, and its offerings are… varied. Let's break it down.
- Breakfast service: The buffet is… well, let's just say it's there. Breakfast [buffet] is available, and the spread is a classic "hotel breakfast". You get your eggs (cooked, of course, to a slightly rubbery consistency), your bacon (crispy, sometimes), your cereal, your toast… shrugs. I did manage to eat my weight in hash browns one morning, so there's that.
- A la carte in restaurant: I didn't actually eat a la carte. Too scared to risk it.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant: The coffee was passable. The tea, probably not.
- Asian cuisine in restaurant: The Asian cuisine was a big draw.
- Poolside bar: One afternoon, relaxing on the deck, I had a drink. Nothing fancy, just a cold beer. Perfect to enjoy the view.
- Snack bar: Never actually saw it.
- Happy hour / Bar: Never actually saw it.
Cleanliness and Safety: A Mixed Bag
They seem to be trying with the cleanliness and safety.
- Anti-viral cleaning products: That's good! Always a plus. They seem to be taking it seriously.
- Rooms sanitized between stays: That's reassuring.
- Hand sanitizer: Everywhere. Which is a bonus.
- Staff trained in safety protocol: I saw them wearing masks and following the protocols.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax: Poolside Paradise (…with caveats!)
- Swimming pool [outdoor]: The pool is the highlight. It's clean, well-maintained, and perfect for a dip on a hot day. The pool with view is just amazing.
- Sauna: Never had a chance to use the sauna.
- Spa/sauna: Could not use spa/sauna.
- Spa: No spa on site to take advantage of all the wonderful treatments.
- Fitness center: Sadly, I didn't see a fitness center.
Services and Conveniences: Hit or Miss
- Concierge: Nope. Not in sight.
- Cash withdrawal: Yep, there is an ATM, a bonus.
- Elevator: There is one.
- Laundry service: They offer this. Quite handy.
- Luggage storage: This is a lifesaver.
- Front desk [24-hour]: They are available 24/7.
- Dry cleaning: Available but I didn't use the service.
- Daily housekeeping: The service was efficient.
- Invoice provided: Yes. A nice touch.
- Business facilities: I did not see a business center.
- Meeting/banquet facilities: They have meeting rooms. Good.
For the Kids/Family:
- Family/child friendly: Yes! You can definitely bring your kids.
- Babysitting service: Did not see it.
For the "Extras":
- Smoking area: They do have this.
- Pets allowed unavailablePets allowed: No. No pets.
- Check-in/out [express]: If you are in a hurry.
The Emotional Rollercoaster (My Honest Feelings)
Look, I'm not going to lie. I liked it. The Statesman isn't perfect--far from it. It's got its quirks, its slightly faded glory, and the occasional questionable piece of breakfast food. But it's comfortable, the staff are friendly. The pool is lovely. For the price point, it's a great value.
Overall rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars. It's reliable. It's familiar. It's Corowa! And honestly… I'd probably stay there again. Because, let's face it, sometimes you just want a nice, slightly imperfect hotel experience. And the Statesman, my friends… delivers just that. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm suddenly craving some hash browns!
Tampa's BEST Kept Secret? Fairfield Inn & Suites Brandon Review!
Okay, buckle up buttercup, because you're about to get the real Statesman Motor Inn experience, Corowa, Australia. Forget those sleek, minimalist itineraries. This is the truth, filtered through a slightly sleep-deprived, caffeine-fueled brain. Here we go…
The Statesman Motor Inn: A Corowa Chronicle (With Frequent Existential Crises)
Day 1: Arrival and the Initial Assessment (AKA, "Is This Place Haunted?")
- 14:00 (Roughly): Arrive at the Statesman. Okay, first impression? Decent. Beige brick, a swimming pool that looks perpetually chilly (more on that later). The sign does not scream "luxury," but hey, I wasn't expecting a Four Seasons in Corowa. Reception is manned by a lovely, slightly frazzled woman who hands me a key with a number that reminds me of my childhood times.
- 14:15: Room Check. A whiff of cleaning product and something else… a ghost of stale cigarette smoke? I hope not. The furniture is classic motel. Think sturdy, no-nonsense wood. I feel a pang of nostalgia mixed with the vague suspicion that the bedspread might be older than I am.
- 14:30: Unpack and Settle In. Okay, the bed is surprisingly comfy. Bonus points. The aircon, on the other hand, is making a noise that’s somewhere between a dying walrus and a malfunctioning washing machine. I’m already starting to feel that slightly melancholy, reflective vibe that always hits me in these kinds of places. You know, thinking about… everything.
- 15:00: Swim or Not to Swim? – This is a question I pose myself. The pool looks inviting, but the weather forecast is a bit iffy. I’m not sure I’m brave enough for the chill of an Australian afternoon pool plunge. Chicken!
- 15:30: Exploring the Premises. I wander outside. It’s all very… quiet. I see a BBQ area, some dusty-looking tables, and a lot of sky. And silence. The silence is deafening. Honestly, I half expect a tumbleweed to roll past. I could probably hear a pin drop (and the existential dread of a mid-life crisis).
- 17:00: Drinks at the River. Need civilization. Need to find a pub. The Murray River is calling. I decide to venture out, taking a stroll along the riverbank. The sun begins to drop, casting golden hues on the water. People are fishing, doing their own thing which is nice.
- 19:00: Dinner at the Corowa RSL Club. Ah, the RSL. A staple of Australian life. It's all bright lights and a buzz of the pokies (gambling machines). The food is… well, hearty. Pub fare. I order a parmigiana, which is bigger than my head. I'm pretty sure it's bigger than all the people at the Inn.
- 21:00: Back to the Room. The aircon is still fighting a losing battle. I settle in for the night, promising myself an earlier start. "Tomorrow, I'll do more!" I declare to the quiet of my room. (Narrator: "He did not.")
Day 2: River Rambles and a Touch of Adventure (Sort Of)
- 07:00 (ish, after hitting snooze 3 times): Breakfast. Nope, the Statesman doesn't offer breakfast. A tragedy in and of itself. So, I'm off to find some local brekkie. The town of Corowa has some lovely cafes. (No recommendations are provided, I am on my own journey).
- 09:00: Walking the Banks of the Murray. The air is fresh, the birds are chirping (loudly), and I feel a little less like a grumpy, middle-aged travel blogger. I decide to take a proper stroll along the riverbank. I get some good photos.
- 10:30: Whiskey Tasting - The local corowa distillery has whiskey tasting. A proper experience. It is a very nice experience - I do love some whiskey.
- 13:00: Lunch. More local delights! I find another cafe. The food is great. I make a mental note to buy a "Corowa Tourist" t-shirt. Maybe…
- 15:00: The Pool Experience. Time to confront my fears. I dive in (slowly). The water is cold. I jump out pretty quickly. 10 minutes? Maybe. I'm already reevaluating my life choices. Am I cut out for this? Should I leave the Statesman and go to the beach?
- 16:00: Back to room, contemplate life. Why is the AC so noisy? Seriously, if I don't fix this, I'm gonna lose it.
- 19:00: Dinner: More pub fare. What else will I eat? The options are limited.
- 21:00: Bedtime. Time passes…
Day 3: Farewell and Reflections (AKA, "Did I Really Just Stay Here?")
- 07:00: Wake up. I'm going to miss the Statesman, I think. The people made it nice.
- 08:00: Check out. I do all the basic things.
- 09:00: The drive. It's nice, quiet. I have some thoughts.
- 10:00: The end. I will never forget the Statesman.
Quirky Observations, Emotional Reactions, and General Ramblings:
- The Statesman had a certain charm. It was like a time capsule. A slightly dusty, dimly lit time capsule, but a capsule nonetheless. It was not a time capsule to a perfect world, but it still makes you realize this is your real life.
- I kept expecting to see a ghost. A friendly ghost, mind you, just a little spirit that loved a good swim.
- I think I need to take a vacation from my vacation.
- The best part of the Statesman? The kindness of the staff. They really tried. They were like the unsung heroes.
- The worst? The aircon. The noise. I should have asked them to fix it.
- Would I go back? Maybe. If I need a dose of reality, a splash of nostalgia, and a reminder that life isn’t always glamorous, then yeah, I think I would. But I'd bring earplugs. And maybe a therapist.
So there you have it. The Statesman Motor Inn, Corowa. A trip for the books. And now, I'm off to find some caffeine. This whole experience was very exhausting. But I came out better.
Toledo's BEST Extended Stay? Holland Suites Review!
So, Statesman Motor Inn... Is it REALLY the best kept secret in Corowa or is that just marketing fluff?
Is the price reasonable? I’m not looking to bankrupt myself for a night's sleep.
What are the rooms like? Should I expect something straight out of the 70s? (Please, no orange shag carpeting...)
Do they have family rooms? Because traveling with kids is basically a sport.
What about breakfast? Is there a restaurant on site? Because I need my coffee.
What about other amenities? Like, do they have a pool? Because, hello, summer in Victoria!
How close is it to the main attractions in Corowa?
So, what IS the "secret" that makes it a 'best kept secret' anyway?
Are there *any* downsides? Because every place has them...


Post a Comment for "Corowa's BEST Kept Secret: Statesman Motor Inn! "