
Phuket Airport Resort: Your Paradise Awaits!
Phuket Airport Resort: Your Paradise… Probably? (A Thorough, Unfiltered Review)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I’m about to spill the tea on Phuket Airport Resort, a place that promises “paradise awaits!” Well, let's just say my paradise meter is fluctuating wildly after my stay. I've got the dirt – the good, the bad, and the slightly-questionable – all laid out for you. This isn't your average, sterile travel blog review. This is real.
(SEO & Metadata - Because, you know, algorithm life. Keywords: Phuket Airport Resort, Phuket Hotels, Thailand, Accessibility, Spa, Swimming Pool, Wi-Fi, Restaurant, Reviews, Family Friendly, Airport Hotel)
First Impressions (and the "Accessibility" Fiasco):
Landing in Phuket, hyped for some sunshine, and you're immediately thinking, “Get me to the hotel, stat!” Phuket Airport Resort is conveniently close. Great, right? Wrong. (cue the dramatic music). While physically accessible, the logistics felt a bit… wonky.
- Accessibility: They say it's accessible, and I’ll give them that. Ramps are present, elevators work. But the implementation felt rushed. Wide corridors, yes. But the door to my room was a battle. Not a smooth roll-in, more like a wrestling match with a stubborn hinge. The in-room facilities, however were well designed.
- (Rambling Start #1): Look, I get it. They have to cater to accessibility, it’s the law. But sometimes, it feels like a checklist was just… hastily checked. Like, "Yep, ramps, elevators, check! Now, hire someone who actually uses this stuff to test it." Still, better than nothing, and the staff did their best to rectify those minor hiccups, which I do appreciate.
Internet: The Lifeblood of a Modern Traveler (and my personal nightmare):
- Internet Access: They boast about free Wi-Fi in all rooms. Hallelujah! And yes, it's there. Sometimes it works brilliantly. Other times, it's slower than a sloth on tranquilizers. Trying to upload a video was like watching paint dry.
- Internet [LAN]: Oh yeah, they have LAN connections too. For those of you still clinging to the glory days of wired internet. I tried it. Didn't work.
- Wi-Fi in public areas: Thankfully, Wi-Fi was strong in the lobby, where sometimes I was forced to go and huddle to get a stable connection.
- Internet Services: It's there, and for the most part, it's functional. Don't expect to stream HD movies at 4 am.
Rooms: Cleanliness and Comfort… With Some Quirks:
- Cleanliness and Safety: My room looked clean. Kudos for that. They claim to use anti-viral cleaning products and offer room sanitization opt-out which made me feel a little more at ease. Daily disinfection in common areas is a plus. But let's be honest, I was still discreetly wiping down surfaces. (I swear I’m not germaphobe, it's just… the world, you know?)
- Rooms sanitized between stays: This feels essential these days, and I believe they are doing it.
- Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, check. Blackout curtains, check. Coffee/tea maker, double-check (and a grateful sigh). But… the safe box felt like it was from the 1980s. And the "desk" was more of a glorified side table.
- Available in all rooms: The bed was comfy enough, and I will say the extra-long bed was a welcome addition, and I needed it!
- Available in all rooms: The slippers were a nice touch. Bathrobes, also appreciated. The bathroom phone? Completely baffling in this day and age.
- Non-smoking rooms: Blessedly, yes.
Dining: A Mixed Bag of Delights (and Disappointments):
- Restaurants: They have restaurants! Plural! This is always a good sign. But…
- Restaurants: The Asian cuisine, while promising, didn't quite hit the mark.
- Restaurants: The Western breakfast, however, was pretty solid. Pancakes. Bacon. The works.
- Breakfast [buffet]: The breakfast buffet. Ahhh, the buffet. The sheer volume of food was impressive. The quality… varied. Some days you got flaky croissants, the next… cardboard.
- A la carte in restaurant: I found the A la carte to be slightly more reliable in quality.
- Dining, drinking, and snacking: Coffee shop, yes. Poolside bar, double yes. The happy hour was a definite highlight.
- (Rambling Start #2): I had a truly amazing Pad Thai poolside, which I highly recommend. It was worth the slightly burnt taste of the pool bar. Seriously, that Pad Thai was glorious. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. But then, the next night, I ordered the same again, and it was just… mediocre. Like, did they have a different chef on duty? Who knows. The inconsistency… ugh!
- Safe dining setup: They do practice safe dining, but the tables were a little cramped for my liking.
- Breakfast takeaway service/ Room service [24-hour]: handy!
Relaxation and Recreation: Paradise, Maybe?
- Swimming pool: The outdoor pool! Definitely a highlight. Beautifully designed, with a view. Perfect for a lazy afternoon.
- Pool with view: (See above.) Absolutely stunning.
- Fitness center: The fitness center was, well, a fitness center.
- Spa/sauna: I was disappointed that the spa didn’t open for a while, so I couldn't comment on the available treatments.
- Things to do, ways to relax: The sauna was closed.
- (Quirky Observation): I did see a couple of guests trying to work out at the same time, and I’m pretty sure they spent more time admiring the view than working out.
- Massage: I saw a few people who were enjoying their massages.
- Body scrub/ Body wrap: Seemed pleasant enough from what I could observe.
Services and Conveniences: Hit or Miss:
- Concierge: Helpful, but sometimes seemed a little… overwhelmed.
- Facilities for disabled guests: As mentioned above, the accessibility… needs some tweaking.
- Laundry service: Reliable, but a tad pricey.
- Daily housekeeping: The staff are doing their best.
- Cash withdrawal/ Currency exchange: Very convenient.
- Front desk [24-hour]: Always a good thing.
- Convenience store: For those late-night snack attacks!
- Meeting/banquet facilities: Looked nice, didn’t make use of them.
- (Emotional Reaction - Mixed Feelings): The service was generally polite, but I did encounter a few times where the staff seemed a little… detached. Like they were going through the motions. A little more warmth, a little more genuine enthusiasm, would go a long way.
For the Kids: Family Friendly or Family Frustrating?
- Family/child friendly: I wouldn't say this place is overly geared towards children, but they have some basic amenities.
- Babysitting service: Is available, but I didn’t use it.
- Kids meal: I remember seeing this on the menu but couldn't tell you if they are good, but I'm sure they're there.
- (Opinionated Language): This place wouldn't be my first choice if you are bringing kids.
Getting Around: Location, Location, Location… And a Car Park:
- Airport transfer: Yes! A lifesaver after a long flight.
- Car park [free of charge]: Free parking, always a plus!
- Taxi service: Available, but be prepared to negotiate.
The Verdict: Is Phuket Airport Resort Paradise?
Eh. It’s… functional. Clean enough. Conveniently located. The pool is gorgeous. The breakfast buffet is a crapshoot. The internet… well, let’s just say it’s an adventure. The accessibility is good, but could be better.
(Stronger Emotional Reaction – Good and Bad):
Would I go back? Maybe. If I needed a convenient place to crash near the airport, sure. But if I was looking for true paradise? Probably not. It feels like a solid, well-meaning effort, but it's not quite firing on all cylinders. It’s a good base, and with a few tweaks, it could absolutely live up to its promise of paradise.
(Stream-of-consciousness finale):
Oh! One more thing! The lighting in the room made me feel like I was being interrogated. Seriously, the overhead lighting was so harsh. And the air conditioning? It could launch a rocket. But, hey, the free daily bottled water was a nice touch. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to go find that Pad Thai…
Airdrie's BEST Hotel? (You Won't Believe This!)
Okay, buckle up buttercups! We're plunging headfirst into the glorious chaos that will be my Airport Resort, Phuket, Thailand adventure. Forget perfect itineraries, we're going for "slightly-organized-but-mostly-winging-it-with-a-dash-of-panic-and-a-whole-lot-of-sunscreen" level travel.
Day 1: Arrival & Immediate Gratification (and a slight existential crisis)
- 11:00 AM (ish): Arrive at Phuket International Airport. Ugh. Airports. The purgatory of modern travel, filled with crying babies and the faint scent of stale coffee. Already questioning my life choices, particularly the one that led me to wear these ridiculously uncomfortable shoes on a 14-hour flight.
- Anecdote: Last time I flew, I got stuck next to a guy who spent the entire flight loudly clip-clipping his nails. Learn from my mistakes – noise-canceling headphones are MANDATORY.
- 12:00 PM: Taxi to Airport Resort. Praying the traffic isn't a complete nightmare. Hoping that the resort looks as good in real life as it does in the Insta photos. (Spoiler alert: it never does.) I'm envisioning palm trees, turquoise water, the whole shebang.
- 1:00 PM: Check-in. Praying they have my room ready and it actually is Ocean View. I'm really bad at patiently. Like, REALLY bad.
- Emotional Reaction: If I'm not staring directly at the ocean from my balcony, I might actually burst into tears. This whole trip is about escapism, damn it!
- 2:00 PM: Lunch! Oh sweet, blessed lunch. Gotta find some authentic Thai food STAT. Pad Thai? Green curry? The possibilities are endless! And hopefully, not too spicy… I’m a wimp when it comes to chili.
- Observation: The sheer visual overload of Phuket is already hitting me. Bright colours, vibrant stalls, scooters zipping everywhere… it's sensory overload in the best possible way.
- 3:00 PM: Plunge into The Pool! All that walking through the airport deserves this!
- 4:00 PM: Get a much-needed Massage : My body is the temple and it's ready to be worshipped but in a spa way.
- Impression: I'm not sure what type of oil they use but it definitely smells like Thailand, it's a must!
- Rambling: Oh, man, I'm starting to feel this Thai massage. I might be going to sleep! I definitely need to eat something. Now, I could probably get some great Thai food. But, I would like to eat the best ones. Oh, right there's that restaurant in the front.
- Impression: I'm not sure what type of oil they use but it definitely smells like Thailand, it's a must!
Day 2: Beach Bliss & Cultural Confusion
9:00 AM: Wake up to the sound of… hopefully, the ocean. Actually, just hoping it's NOT the sound of construction. That's been known to throw a wrench into the happy morning.
10:00 AM: Breakfast at the resort. Trying not to overdo it at the buffet. (Famous last words, right?)
11:00 AM: Head to Patong Beach. I've heard mixed things. Some people love it, some people hate it. I'll reserve judgment until I experience it myself.
- Opinionated Language: Honestly, I'm primarily going to Patong Beach to see it. I'm not sure if I'm going to love it, but I heard it's a must.
12:00 PM: Wander around Patong. People-watching, soaking up the atmosphere, attempting to haggle for a souvenir (probably miserably). I might need to watch some YouTube videos beforehand to learn the proper haggling techniques.
1:00 PM: Lunch at a random beachfront restaurant. Fingers crossed for fresh seafood and not getting ripped off.
2:00 PM: Beach time! Sunbathing, swimming, possibly attempting to build a sandcastle. I'm a big kid at heart.
3:00 PM: The Double Down: The Patong Beach Experience: This is where things get messy.
- Anecdote: Okay, so, Patong Beach… it's… a lot. Imagine a beach, but also add a thousand people, jet skis roaring, vendors shoving everything from sunglasses to massage services in your face, and the constant buzz of activity. I found a nice spot near the end of the beach, a bit removed from the main chaos. The water was surprisingly clear, and I spent a good hour just bobbing in the waves.
- Emotional Reaction: There was a moment, sitting on the sand, with the sun on my face, the sound of the waves, where it all clicked. This is what I came for. This is why I put up with the long flights and the airport food. This is pure, unfettered joy.
- Mess: Trying to avoid getting sand everywhere. Always is my biggest problem. Also, getting the perfect tan. I can't take the chaos!
- Opinion: Honestly, Patong Beach is pretty much what everyone has told me. Loud, crowded, and full of energy. It's not exactly a pristine paradise, but it's undeniably an experience. Would I go every day? Probably not. Do I regret going? Absolutely not.
- Anecdote: Okay, so, Patong Beach… it's… a lot. Imagine a beach, but also add a thousand people, jet skis roaring, vendors shoving everything from sunglasses to massage services in your face, and the constant buzz of activity. I found a nice spot near the end of the beach, a bit removed from the main chaos. The water was surprisingly clear, and I spent a good hour just bobbing in the waves.
6:00 PM: Dinner, probably somewhere more local and affordable. Getting a bit tired of the resort food.
7:00 PM: Find a place to watch the sunset and soak in the magic of Phuket.
Day 3: Temples, Tears, and Transportation Troubles
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast (again!). Starting to get really used to this…
- 10:00 AM: Visit Wat Chalong Temple. Hoping to be respectful and not accidentally offend anyone with my tourist clumsiness.
- Quirky Observation: I'm pretty sure I heard a monk on his cell phone. The clash of old and new always makes me chuckle.
- 11:00 AM: Explore the temple grounds. Admiring the intricate details, the vibrant colours, and the overall serenity.
- Emotional Reaction: Seeing the Buddha statues actually brought me to tears, not going to lie. I am such a softie.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch break and rest.
- 2:00 PM: Head back to the resort or local store.
- 3:00 PM: Get an Afternoon treat, coffee or tea?
- 6:00 PM: Dinner, packing, and ready to head to the airport.
Day 4: Departure (or, the bittersweet end)
- 9:00 AM: One last leisurely breakfast. Savoring the final moments of paradise.
- 10:00 AM: Last-minute souvenir shopping. Praying I don’t overspend and regret it later.
- 11:00 AM: Check out of the resort. Saying a sad goodbye to the ocean view. (Seriously, I'm going to miss that view.)
- 12:00 PM: Head to the airport. Wishing the taxi ride would be a little longer.
- 1:00 PM: Airport again. This time, with a slightly less existential despair, but still dreading the flight.
- 2:00 PM: Fly home. Back to reality. Back to work. Back to… well, wherever "back" is.
And that, my friends, is the plan! Or, at least, a vague approximation of the plan. Come back for the fully messy, definitely imperfect, and hopefully hilarious post-trip debriefing! Wish me luck! I'll be the one wandering around, slightly sunburned, with sand in my shoes and a blissful, slightly bewildered expression on my face.
Vicksburg Getaway: Unforgettable Stay at Howard Johnson by Wyndham!
Phuket Airport Resort: Your Paradise... Well, Let's See! (FAQs & Ramblings)
Is Phuket Airport Resort actually *near* the airport? Because, you know, promises...
Okay, let's be real. "Near" in hotel-speak can mean anything. In this case? Yeah, it's pretty darn close. Like, you could *probably* walk, if you're exceptionally determined and don't mind sweating buckets and dodging rogue tuk-tuks. (Spoiler alert: I did *not* walk. Taxi's the way to go, honey.) Seriously though, after a ten-hour flight, that short hop is a godsend. No more airport-induced existential dread in a crowded shuttle! You're basically at the resort before your brain even registers you're *in* Thailand. Which, believe me, is a good thing after a long-haul flight. My first impression? "THANK GOD." Pretty sure I yelled that out loud. Don't judge.
What's the room situation? Are we talking idyllic Instagram-worthy, or... slightly less idyllic?
Alright, here's where the honest truth comes in. The rooms? They're... comfortable. Not necessarily the stuff of glossy magazine covers, but perfectly functional. I opted for a "Deluxe Whatever" (I forget the precise name, jet lag, you know!). It had a decent size balcony. Which was *crucial*. Because, hello? That's where you drink your morning coffee (or, let's be honest, your mid-afternoon cocktail, after a rough morning struggling with the humidity). The bathroom? Clean. The bed? Soft enough to sink into after a day spent wrestling with customs forms and the sheer, utter chaos that is a Southeast Asian market. The view, though… well, that depended. Mine overlooked a garden, which was nice. But I did hear some folks grumbling about road noise. So, maybe ask for a garden view. Trust me. Peace is worth it.
The food! Tell me about the food! Because a hungry traveler is a grumpy traveler...
Okay, the restaurant at Phuket Airport Resort... hmm. It’s present. Let's just say it’s not the *reason* you go to Phuket. The breakfast buffet was standard fare: eggs, toast, the ubiquitous (and surprisingly delicious) Thai rice porridge. Dinner? They have a menu, of course. I think I had the Pad Thai one night. It was… edible. But, I tell you what, get outside the resort. SO many amazing little places just a quick taxi ride away (or, if you’re feeling brave, even a scooter rental!). My advice? Explore. You will. not. regret. it. Get the REAL Thai food. It's a culinary adventure. Resort food is for convenience. Think of it like the fuel before you go explore true Thai food.
Pool time! Is the pool as glorious as it looks in the photos?
The pool... now, that's a different story! The pool is great. Especially after a sweaty afternoon and being lost in a market and finally realizing the vendor just gave me a fantastic price. I’m not a huge "pool person" usually. I'm more a beach and ocean type, but this wasn't a bad experience, let me put it that way. It's a decent size, clean, and the perfect place to sip a cocktail and pretend you're not desperately trying to remember all the names of your co-workers back home. The pool bar? Also a plus. (Margaritas are a must, by the way.) Just be prepared for the inevitable: someone will be splashing. And someone else will be blasting loud music. But it's all part of the charm, right? Right?!
Anything else I should know before booking? Any hidden quirks or pitfalls?
Okay, here's the nitty-gritty:
- Wi-Fi: It's like a bad relationship - sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. Be prepared for occasional dropouts. Embrace the digital detox! Or, you know, just get a local SIM card.
- Service: The staff are overwhelmingly lovely and helpful, I'm talking genuine smiles and genuine hospitality. They work hard. Tip them well. Seriously.
- Location, location, location: This is *primarily* an airport hotel. It's not right on the best beaches. You'll need to taxi/tuk-tuk to get to the main attractions. It's a GREAT base for your arrival and departure, though.
- Noise: While I didn't have major issues, the reviews do mention occasional airport noise. It didn't bother me too much, honestly. But light sleepers, take note. Invest in earplugs.
- The early departure blues: Seriously, after a few days in paradise, getting ready to rush to the airport in the dark is a low point. The resort makes it so easy though.
What was your *biggest* takeaway from your stay? Spill the tea!
Okay, here's my confession. My BIGGEST takeaway? Sunscreen. And the importance of it. Day three, I went full lobster. I mean, I was walking around looking like a giant, overcooked prawn. I could barely sit down without yelping. And the *itch*! Oh, the itch! I spent the rest of my stay hiding in the shade, and slathering on aloe vera. Don't be like me. Pack the sunscreen. Reapply frequently. You’ll thank me later. My back still bears the brunt after a week.


Post a Comment for "Phuket Airport Resort: Your Paradise Awaits!"