
Escape to Paradise: Unbeatable Bengkulu Luxury at Splash Hotel
Escape to Paradise? Or Just a REALLY Good Hotel? My Bengkulu Breakdown of Splash Hotel (Spoiler: Probably Both!)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to drop some serious Bengkulu knowledge on you. And we're talking, like, detailed knowledge. We're talking Splash Hotel, folks. Yeah, the one everyone’s yammering about. Is it truly an escape to paradise? Well, let's just say my expectations were HIGH, especially after seeing those oh-so-perfect Instagram shots. But hey, real life (and travel reviews) are messy, right? So, here's my brutally honest take, warts and all.
Accessibility: A Mixed Bag, But Promising
Okay, first things first: Accessibility. This is a BIG one for me. I've got a friend who uses a wheelchair, and finding truly accessible hotels is like finding a unicorn wearing a tutu. The description says facilities for disabled guests, and that's encouraging. There's an elevator, which is a win. But without knowing the specifics – things like ramp gradients, bathroom grab bars, and doorway widths – it’s hard to give a definitive thumbs up. I’d recommend contacting the hotel directly to confirm their accessible features match your individual needs. It seems promising, but always double-check!
Check-in and Out: Smooth (Probably), But I’m a Procrastinator
The review mentions Contactless check-in/out and Check-in/out [express], which, in this post-pandemic world, is a godsend. I, however, always manage to find a way to make it complicated. "Express" and "contactless" sound lovely until you're me, fumbling with your passport and forgetting the pre-filled forms. Then you're that guy, holding everyone up while you ask a million questions. Still, a generally positive point; the hotel seems to have things running smoothly!
The Room – My Little Fortress of Bliss (Mostly)
The room itself? Okay, let me paint you a picture. Air conditioning was cranking, thankfully, because Bengkulu's humidity is a beast. Blackout curtains? Yes! Absolute lifesaver for a light sleeper like myself. The mattress was… well, it wasn’t memory foam heaven, but it was comfy enough. (Emphasis on enough. I’m a princess when it comes to sleep.) The Wi-Fi (and, crucially, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms) was a godsend. I could actually stream my trashy reality TV shows without buffering, which is practically a life necessity.
Here’s where things get a little… messy. The Bathroom was clean, with a private bathroom. You know? The basics. But I’m a sucker for the little things. And the soap, oh God, the soap was that generic hotel stuff. You know. It kinda felt cheap, you know? And here's another thing: Towels. I swear they only gave me two! One for my body and one for my hair! Where was the third for my face!? (Okay, maybe I'm being dramatic..)
They also had Bathrobes, which is a nice touch, and a hairdryer. The refrigerator, stocked with free bottled water (essential!), was a delight to behold. The in-room safe box was a comfort, and there were plenty of sockets near the bed (another MUST-HAVE for the modern tech-dependent traveler).
Things to Do: Relaxation Station and (Maybe) Some Adventure?
Let’s talk relaxation. The Splash Hotel REALLY leans into this. There’s a Swimming pool [outdoor] – and from pics, it looks stunning, with a Pool with a view. I'm imagining myself right now, sipping a cocktail and looking out over…what exactly? The ocean? The jungle? (Research needed!)
Then there's the whole Spa shebang. The review lists all the goodies: Body scrub, Body wrap, Massage, Sauna, Steamroom, the works. I wasn't able to try things out this time, but damn, does that sound appealing. Especially after a day of exploring, or basically just existing.
Other things to do? Fitness center, Gym/fitness. (Nope. Not for me. I'm on vacation! Unless they have pizza-making classes? Then MAYBE!)
Food, Glorious Food! (and Drinks!)
Okay, the Dining, drinking, and snacking situation is where Splash Hotel really shines. This is where I'm happy.
The breakfast buffet, as far as I know, is a real thing! Breakfast [buffet]! Buffet in restaurant! Oh, the possibilities! (Although, I’m a bit of a control freak, so I'd actually prefer Breakfast in room)
I'm particularly intrigued by the Asian cuisine in restaurant, and the Vegetarian restaurant. My inner foodie is doing a happy dance! There’s also a Poolside bar, which screams “vacation.” I'm already picturing myself with a tiny umbrella in a tropical drink. And of course, the essential Coffee shop for my morning (and afternoon, and possibly evening) caffeine fix.
Oh, and the all-important Room Service [24-hour]. I can just see myself now, ordering a late-night snack after a grueling day of… well, relaxing. A la carte in restaurant, Bottle of water, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Happy hour, it all sounds heavenly.
Cleanliness and Safety: Very Important in the Current Climate
Right! The nitty-gritty. Cleanliness and safety are paramount these days, and Splash Hotel seems to have it covered. Review mentions Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, and Sterilizing equipment. That's a lot of keywords, and a good sign. Doctor/nurse on call is another reassuring touch. First aid kit. Good to know for when the cocktail umbrella inevitably stabs me in the eye.
Everything Else – The Extras That Make a Difference
Ahhh, the little things. The review mentions Laundry service, and Dry cleaning. YES! That’s a lifesaver when you're traveling light (or just plain lazy like me). Concierge? Always a plus. Cash withdrawal nearby! And Luggage storage is a must-have, especially if you arrive before check-in or have a late departure. The Gift/souvenir shop is a nice touch, too. I always need a last-minute trinket for my Aunt Mildred.
A Few Quirks and Imperfections
Okay, let's be real. No hotel is perfect.
- I didn't see anything about a gym! Is it even there? checks notes Ah, yes, it's mentioned. My bad!
- The review doesn’t explicitly say if there are any downsides!
- I'm not sure there's a kids club, so if you're traveling with little ones… you might want to check first.
The Verdict: Worth the Splash?
Look, is Splash Hotel perfect? Probably not. But it sounds like it's pretty damn close. Especially for Bengkulu. The amenities, the food, the focus on relaxation – it all adds up to a pretty compelling package. And the emphasis on safety right now is a huge selling point. Did it live up to the hype? Well, I still want to go! I'm definitely adding it to my travel wish list. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go plan my ultimate Bengkulu escape. Wish me luck!
Harlem's Hidden Gem: Aloft Hotel's Unbelievable NYC Views!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, 'cause you're about to get real. This ain't no picture-perfect, sterile travel itinerary. This is me, battling the Bengkulu heat, the questionable Wi-Fi, and my own questionable sanity, all in the name of discovering the "Splash Hotel Experience." Let's see if it splashes or just… dries up.
Splash Hotel Bengkulu: The Unofficial, Unfiltered Itinerary (with a Side of Mild Panic)
Day 1: Arrival & The Great Mosquito Gauntlet (and the Questionable Fried Rice Incident)
- Morning (Around 8:00 AM): Touchdown in Bengkulu. The humidity hits you like a warm, damp blanket. Instantly regret wearing that linen shirt. Seriously, WHO told me linen would be a good idea?
- Getting to the Hotel (8:30 - 9:00 AM): Taxi ride. The driver, bless his heart, is trying to be helpful but my Bahasa Indonesia is… let's say, "under construction." Managed to get across the essential information: "Splash Hotel." Pretty sure he took me the wrong way, twice. But hey, scenic route! Found myself staring out of the window, noticing the vibrant streets and the local people and everything.
- Check-in & Room Reveal (9:00 - 10:00 AM): The lobby is… okay. A little faded, a little dated, but the staff are friendly. Keycard works! Room is… well, it's a room. Bed looks comfy. Mosquito net is… strategically placed. (More on those bloodsuckers later.)
- Breakfast Attempt (10:00 - 11:00 AM): They have a buffet! Praise be! Initially. Then I see the “fried rice.” It looks… suspicious. Like, it has that texture that screams, "Cooked days ago and kept in a questionable container." I bravely take a spoonful. It's… edible. Just. Barely. Sigh. Coffee is weak, but strong enough to fuel my existential dread about the day ahead.
- The Great Mosquito Gauntlet (11:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Okay, this needs its own section. My room, despite the mosquito net, has become a mosquito feeding ground. They're relentless! I swat, I clap, I swear under my breath. They just laugh in my face. I spend a good hour battling these tiny, airborne vampires. Result? Three mosquito bites and a newfound respect for insect repellent. I’m already reconsidering my life choices. Maybe I’m allergic? Maybe this trip will be a miserable failure. Gotta chill, gotta chill.
- Lunch and Recovery (12:00 PM- 1:30 PM): Went outside and had lunch at the local Warung. A plate of Nasi Goreng, it's what the chef in the world have been making the whole time. It was incredible. Much better. Much, much, much better. My faith in Bengkulu food is restored.
Afternoon (1:30 PM-6:00 PM):
Excursions (1:30 - 4:00 PM): I wanted to go to Panjang Beach. The plan was to have a calm walk and enjoy the waves. But I was scared to death of the heat, traffic, and the mosquitoes. So I just decided to stay at my room.
Poolside Reflection (4:00 PM - 6:00 PM): The pool is… functional. The water is a bit murky, but hey, it’s a pool! I’m trying to embrace the “rustic charm” of the hotel. I spend the afternoon lounging by the pool, listening to the distant sounds of the city and trying not to think about the mosquito invasion.
Sunset Wanderings (6:00 PM - 7:00 PM): Walked around the outskirts of the hotel, and tried to take some pictures of the colorful streets. They are mesmerizing.
Dinner (7:00 PM - 8:00 PM): Ate dinner at the hotel restaurant. Tried the local fish, it was good, so good.
Evening Wind-Down (8:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Watched some Indonesian TV. The language is beyond my comprehension, but the soap operas are surprisingly engrossing.
Nighttime Mosquito Patrol (9:00 PM - Bedtime): Back to the mosquito battle. Spray. Swat. Curse. Pray for morning. Sigh. Repeat.
Day 2: More Messy Adventures and the Quest for Decent Coffee
- Morning (6:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Wake up (relatively) refreshed. The mosquito situation seemed to have calmed down overnight, thank goodness. A new day, a new hope, and a new quest: coffee. The hotel coffee is still… not great. Gotta find a decent cafe. I'm thinking… I'M BEGGING, please let there be a decent cafe.
- Breakfast Round Two (9:00 AM-10:00 AM): I cautiously revisit the breakfast buffet. The fried rice is slightly less ominous today. I opt for the pancakes instead. They are… pancake-esque.
- Exploring the City (10:00 AM - 12:00 PM): I plan to visit Fort Marlborough. I might need to find a local guide, I'm starting to feel a little lost (physically and mentally). The local guide is very kind.
- Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM): Back to the local restaurants. I think I will go to the same place and let them know I appreciate their Nasi Goreng.
Afternoon (1:00 PM-6:00 PM):
Afternoon Exploration (1:00 - 2:30 PM): I explore the city. I decide to go to the local market. The local market seems to never end, it's a mess, so many people, but amazing and fascinating. I have never see so many things, and I feel like I want to buy everything.
Hotel Room (2:30 PM - 3:30 PM): Back again to my room. I think this is going to be my favorite part of the trip, just chilling in my room, no commitments, just me.
Pooltime (3:30 PM - 4:30 PM): I will go to the pool. Sun, sun, sun, and more sun.
Sunset Walk (4:30 PM - 6:00 PM): I walk again around the hotel. This time I decide to take some pictures and enjoy the sunset.
Dinner (7:00 PM - 8:00 PM): I decide to eat at the hotel's restaurant again. I might need to ask for help.
Evening Routine (8:00 PM - Bedtime): Same as yesterday. Maybe, just maybe, I'll convince myself I actually like the hotel coffee. (Spoiler alert: I won't.)
Day 3 and Beyond: The Future is Uncertain (and Probably Mosquito-Filled)
The rest of the trip is a blur. I'm going to visit some other attractions.
My Final Thoughts: Look, the Splash Hotel is… an experience. It's not perfect. It's a little rough around the edges. But, and this is important, it's real. It's a place where the Wi-Fi cuts out just when you need it, where the fried rice is questionable, and where the mosquitoes plot your demise. And, despite all of that, there's a certain charm to it. Bengkulu is a vibrant place, and the Splash Hotel, in its own odd way, is part of that. I'm not sure I'd recommend it to everyone, but it's an experience of its own.
Stay tuned for an update, if I survive the night.
Universal Orlando's Secret Gem: Fairfield Inn & Suites!
Escape to Paradise: Splash Hotel - Your Burning Questions (and my Honest Answers)
Okay, so, is Splash Hotel *really* as amazing as the ads make it sound? Because let's be honest, those photos are *usually* doctored...
Alright, alright, let's be real. I went in with the same skepticism. Those glossy brochures? "Luxury," they scream. "Unbeatable," they promise. And… yeah. For the most part, they're not lying. My jaw actually *dropped* when I walked into the lobby. Not in a "Wow, this is *so* staged" way, but a genuine "Holy moly, this is gorgeous" way. The ocean view from the infinity pool? Forget about it. Seriously, it's a problem. You'll spend hours just staring at it, completely unproductive. Just be prepared for… well, let's get into the details.
The rooms - are they actually luxurious or just… fancier than my apartment?
Okay, the rooms are *definitely* luxurious. We're talking actual, proper luxury. I snagged a suite (treat yo' self, right?) and it was… ludicrous. Giant bed? Check. Huge balcony overlooking the *beach*? Check. MASSIVE bathroom with a soaking tub big enough to drown a small family of hamsters (I didn't, I swear). The robes are fluffy, the toiletries smell divine, and the air conditioning actually *works*. Minor gripe? Maybe the in-room coffee could have been a *little* better. I needed that caffeine to fuel my poolside lounging sessions, and the instant stuff just wasn't cutting it. And I'd totally spill coffee on that pristine white rug the moment I got my hands on it.
What about the food? I'm a serious foodie. Can Splash Hotel handle my discerning palate?
The food is… good. Really good. They have a few restaurants, and I indulged in a ridiculous amount of seafood. The grilled fish at the beachfront restaurant? Unbelievable. Seriously, I almost licked the plate (don't judge me!). The buffet breakfast? A glorious spread of everything you could possibly imagine, and some things you couldn't (Durian, for example. *Intense*). My one complaint - and it's a small one - is that, you know, sometimes you just crave something… *simple*. I was hoping for a killer burger, something comforting, after a day of being in the sun. Alas, there was no burger to be had. But hey, the fresh fruit smoothies made up for it, almost.
The Infinity Pool! TELL ME ABOUT THE POOL! Is it as Instagrammable as it looks?
Ooh, the pool. The *pool*. Okay, buckle up. This is where things get serious. Yes. Yes, it is. The infinity pool is everything you've ever dreamed of and more. Imagine a shimmering expanse of turquoise water that seems to melt into the ocean. You're floating, cocktail in hand (they make a mean Mojito, by the way), and the sun is beating down on you. The gentle lapping of the waves, the distant sound of laughter... It's pure, unadulterated bliss! Now, the *real* test of any infinity pool? How crowded is it? Here's the thing: Some days it was absolute heaven, a blissful oasis. Other days? You had to fight for a sun lounger. There were those people, you know the type, who claim their territory at dawn with a towel and then disappear for hours. Seriously, what's the deal with that? But even with the occasional towel-hog drama, the pool experience was… divine. Worth the trip alone. Worth the potential sun burn. Worth *everything*.
Ok, so what's the *catch*? There *has* to be a catch... Is it the service?
Okay, you're smart. There's always *something*. The service? Mostly excellent. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, always with a smile. But… here's a minor imperfection. Sometimes, the language barrier can be a thing. I tried ordering a specific cocktail and the waiter *looked at me* like I'd asked him to build a rocket ship. Totally understandable. And there was that one incident with the room service… I ordered breakfast, and it took *an hour* to arrive. It's paradise, not perfection, right? Little glitches like that are expected. Nobody is perfect (except, maybe, the infinity pool).
Anything to do *besides* lounging by the pool and eating? Tell me about activities!
Yes! There are activities! You can… well, you *should* go to the beach (obviously). The beach is a beautiful, pristine stretch of sand. They have watersports, too – I did some kayaking, which was fun. They offer snorkeling and diving trips (I'm not a diver, so I can't vouch for those, but from what I heard, It was spectacular!). There's a spa – I got a massage that was so good, I almost fell asleep right there on the massage table. They have a gym… I did *not* go to the gym. I was on vacation, people! But the point is, there's stuff to *do* if you can tear yourself away from the pool/beach/delicious food. Honestly, I am a person who needs to be *doing* things, but there, it's actually okay to just *be*. It's a weird, wonderful feeling.
Is it worth the money? I'm on a budget, you know…
Okay, let's be honest. Splash Hotel is not a budget option. It's a splurge. It's the "treat yourself" tier. BUT… if you can swing it, YES. YES, IT IS WORTH IT. Think of it as an investment in your mental health. The stress melts away. The worries disappear. You come back feeling recharged, refreshed, and ready to face the world (or at least, your next week at work). Consider it a once-in-a-while investment. Your sanity is worth it. Go, splurge, and don't look back.
Any final, burning thoughts? Give me the *real* deal!
Okay, final thoughts. Splash Hotel is close to being a perfect vacation. It's a place you can genuinely escape to. The infinity pool is pure sorcery, the food is delicious (mostly), and the rooms are luxurious. Yes, there are minor imperfections - a little language barrier here, a slightly delayed breakfast there - and *maybe* a few too many towel-hogs by the pool. But honestly, those little things are easily forgotten. Because the overall experience? It's something special. Go. Just go. And send me a postcard.


Post a Comment for "Escape to Paradise: Unbeatable Bengkulu Luxury at Splash Hotel"