
Escape to Paradise: Your Coconut Garden Bungalow Awaits in Thailand!
Escape to Paradise: Or, My Coconut-Fueled Rollercoaster at "Your Coconut Garden Bungalow Awaits" (Thailand) - A Review That's Way Too Honest
Okay, so "Escape to Paradise: Your Coconut Garden Bungalow Awaits" – sounds ridiculously idyllic, right? And, honestly? Parts of it were. Others? Well, let's just say my Thai adventure wasn’t quite the smooth, coconut-shell-sipping, perfectly-tanned experience the brochure promised. Buckle up, because this review is going to get real.
First Impressions & the Accessibility Glitch (Accessibility, Facilities for disabled guests, Check-in/out [express/private], Elevator)
Landing in Thailand, buzzing with excitement, I envisioned myself gliding into total relaxation. The first hurdle? Actually getting to the bungalow. The reviews said it was accessible, and I need accessible (limited mobility situation, you know?). The website mentioned “Facilities for disabled guests” – big selling point! But the reality? A bit of a climb. While there was an elevator to the main lobby/restaurant (phew!), navigating the uneven pathways to my bungalow involved some serious maneuvering. Look, I’m not expecting perfect, but a smoother path and maybe a heads-up would've been golden. Check-in itself was… interesting. Express? Not quite. Private? Kinda, but only because I was so flustered trying to get my luggage and myself settled in the chaotic environment. More like "struggling-in-the-jungle-that-is-the-check-in-process."
The Room: Bungalow Bliss… with a Few Quirks (Available in all rooms, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens)
Alright, the bungalow itself delivered… mostly. The "extra long bed" was extra long, which was bliss. Blackout curtains? Thank goodness! Jet lag is no joke. The air conditioning blasted arctic air (a little TOO well), and there was complimentary tea, which, let’s be honest, is a small comfort that makes a big difference. The bathroom? Surprisingly spacious! Separate shower and bathtub – luxury! (Though I still couldn’t figure out how to work the bathroom phone – yes, it had a phone! Why?!).
Now for the "quirks." The Wi-Fi, supposedly free, was patchy at best. The laptop workspace? A charming little desk, perfect for… well, not actually working. The mirror? Perfectly placed to showcase my mosquito bites. And the "on-demand movies"? Don't get your hopes up - the selection was, let's just say, exotic. But hey, the slippers were comfy. I can't emphasize that enough.
Getting Connected: Internet & (Lack of) It (Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, Wi-Fi in public areas)
Speaking of internet, or rather, the lack thereof… "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" the website blared. Lies! Okay, not lies, but definitely a gross exaggeration. Connecting was a constant battle. I spent more time restarting my phone than actually, you know, being online. The Wi-Fi in public areas was marginally better, but still… patchy. If you need to actually work, bring a mobile hotspot. Seriously. Prepare to be disconnected, which in a way, can be a good thing. But hey, it’s 2024 – I expect better internet, even in paradise.
Food, Glorious Food (Dining, drinking, and snacking, A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant)
Now, this is where "Your Coconut Garden Bungalow Awaits" almost redeemed itself. The food! The breakfast buffet was a glorious assault on the senses. An Asian breakfast, Western breakfast – you name it, they had it. Pancakes, fresh fruit, eggs cooked every which way, and the cutest little pastries you’ve ever seen. The coffee shop served the perfect cup. Lunch and dinner at the a la carte restaurant were a delight. I could eat the Thai green curry until I exploded. The poolside bar? Essential. They also have dessert, which is always a plus. Room service was 24-hour, which was a godsend after a long day of… well, doing nothing.
The Relaxing Bits: Spa Days & Poolside Bliss (Things to do, ways to relax, Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor])
This is the part you've been waiting for, right? Relaxation. The pool with a view was as stunning as the photos suggested. The infinity edge melted into the ocean horizon. Lounging there, sipping a cocktail, you almost forgot about the internet woes and the slightly-challenging pathways. The spa! Oh, the spa! A massage was a must. The body scrub? Pure indulgence. The steam room and sauna were… well, they were there. The gym? I did not go there. (Vacation, remember?)
Cleanliness & Safety (Cleanliness and safety, Anti-viral cleaning products, Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment)
Post-pandemic paranoia is real, people. I was slightly obsessed with hand sanitizer. But I was reassured by the precautions in place. Hand sanitizer everywhere! The staff was diligent about wearing masks. Daily disinfection in common areas. Individually-wrapped food options. They seemed to care.
The Downside: The Little Annoyances (Services and conveniences, Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center)
Even paradise has its hiccups. The convenience store was… convenient, but stocked more with tourist trinkets than actual essentials. The “business facilities” seemed somewhat laughable (Who’s working on a laptop in Paradise?!). The lack of readily available cash withdrawal was annoying and there was no dry cleaning service, and ironing service, which was a bummer. I also wouldn't recommend hosting your wedding here due to some of the quality of the facilities for special events.
For the Kids (For the kids, Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal)
I didn’t have kids with me, but I saw families. The "Kids facilities" looked… adequate. I imagine there were enough to keep a toddler or two occupied for a little while, and the kid's menu probably would've kept the little ones full.
Security & The Real Deal (Access, CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private], Couple's room, Exterior corridor, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Hotel chain, Non-smoking rooms, Pets allowed unavailable, Proposal spot, Room decorations, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Soundproof rooms, Getting around, Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking) Well, let me tell you, I felt safe! CCTV everywhere! Security on the grounds 24/7. There are smoke alarms and
Luxury Escapes Await: Ibis Beijing Guanzhuang's Hidden Gem!
Coconut Garden Chaos: A Prachuap Khiri Khan Odyssey (Or, My Attempt at Paradise)
Okay, so this isn't your average itinerary. This is my attempt to wrangle a week in Prachuap Khiri Khan, based at the gloriously named Coconut Garden Bungalow. Buckle up, buttercups, because it’s going to be… well, it’s going to be something.
Day 1: Arrival & Bungalow Bliss (and a dose of "Oh dear"…)
- Morning (because let's be honest, I'm a morning person…after coffee): Landed in Bangkok. Ugh, Bangkok. Beautiful, chaotic, and completely overwhelming. Navigated the airport with the grace of a newborn giraffe on ice skates. Found my transfer (thank god, booked it in advance!) and spent the next few hours battling traffic and existential dread.
- Afternoon: Finally, finally, arrived at Coconut Garden Bungalow. And, wow. Pictures don’t do it justice. Seriously. The palm trees, the turquoise water… I almost cried. It was like walking into a postcard. My bungalow? Adorable! Rustic charm with a definite mosquito net situation. (Already starting to strategize against these little vampires.)
- Afternoon/Evening: Settled in. Walked to the beach – about a 30-second stroll, naturally. Stared at the ocean. Swallowed some seawater (oops). Had a Chang beer. Bliss. Dinner at a little family-run place down the beach. The Pad Thai was AMAZING. The family? Even more so. Little kids running around, dogs napping at their feet… pure, unadulterated Thai magic. Until… I felt a bite. Mosquitoes. They found me. Game on.
Day 2: Monkey See, Monkey… Terrify?
- Morning: Woke up feeling wonderfully rested. Except for the slight itchiness courtesy of the mosquito army. Slathered myself in DEET. Determined to conquer this day.
- 8:00 AM Breakfast: Banana pancakes. Life is good.
- 9:00 AM: The iconic Khao Chong Krachok temple. I thought I was prepared. I had water! I had sunscreen! I had… well, enthusiasm? What I didn’t have was a strategy for the MONKEYS. So many monkeys. Everywhere. They were playful, they were cheeky, and they were definitely eyeing my water bottle. One grabbed my bag! Terrifying, and amazing at the same time. I'm trying to remember how it felt, but I was so overwhelmed. I ran!!
- 10:30 AM: Successfully navigated the temple (mostly). Gorgeous views from the top. Absolutely breathtaking. Vowed to return and confront my primate fears. Maybe with a banana bribe.
- Afternoon: Beach time. More Chang. Staring at the ocean again. The water is an absolute marvel, really. So clear. So warm. And the sand is… ah, perfect. The perfect sand. I took a long walk. A dog started following me. That's when I started to feel that serenity.
- Evening: Dinner at the bungalow's restaurant. Grilled fish. Delicious. Another beer. I think I'm getting used to this life. Maybe I'll stay forever.
Day 3: Island Hopping & Snorkel Shenanigans
- Morning: Woke up… hungover. Okay, maybe the beers last night were a bit ambitious. Still, the view outside my bungalow quickly chased away the hangover demon.
- 9:00 AM: Boat trip to Koh Talu, the island. The brochure promised pristine coral reefs and crystal-clear waters. They weren’t lying. Snorkeling was incredible. I saw fish I didn't even know existed. It was like swimming in an aquarium.
- 11 AM - 2 PM: Swimming, snorkeling, and general gawking at tropical beauty. The sun just felt that much better, reflecting off the turquoise water. The food on the island was… okay. But who could complain with that scenery?
- Afternoon: Sunburn. A definite sunburn. Rookie mistake. Should have reapplied the sunblock. Slathered myself in aloe vera and vowed to be more responsible tomorrow (yeah, right).
- Evening: Dinner at a restaurant on the beach. Live music. It wasn’t great music, but it was… fine. The atmosphere was great, everyone just enjoying life. I'm already feeling the pull to live there. That is the life.
Day 4: The Day I Became a Spa Enthusiast
- Morning: Slept in! Because I'm on vacation, dammit. The sun streaming through the cracks in the bamboo blinds. Pure bliss.
- 10:00 AM: Tried to book a massage. "No appointments". Ugh, stupid me! At least I can always rest on the beach.
- Afternoon: Found a tiny little spa just down the beach. The kind of place where they just have a hammock and some massage tables under a bamboo structure. I had a Thai massage. And… oh. My. God. I think I achieved peak relaxation. Knots I didn't even know I had were lovingly pummeled into oblivion. I emerged feeling like a new person. I'm now an avid spa enthusiast, I have to say.
- Evening: Dinner at a bustling local market. Ate some street food (questionable meat skewers but delicious!). It was like walking into a flavor explosion. The noise, the smells, the chaos… absolutely amazing. Tried some of the local desserts. My taste buds were screaming with delight. I'm making sure to buy a lot more!
- Late Night: Nightcap at the bungalow bar. Talking with the bartender. He told me a bunch of stories about the area. Great guy.
Day 5: Nature's Embrace (And Bug Bites)
- Morning: Decided I wanted to be more adventurous. Hiked to a waterfall.
- 10:00 AM: The waterfall was beautiful, serene, and utterly enchanting. Spent an hour just sitting there, listening to the water, and contemplating existence.
- Afternoon: A jungle walk. I thought I was prepared, as I've mentioned. I brought bug spray, but I wasn't ready for the leech attack. Let's just say I didn't wear enough socks. I'm itching, and slightly traumatized, but wow, the jungle felt like a special place. I had to walk through a spiderweb. I ran.
- Evening: Dinner at a seafood restaurant. Stuffed myself with crab. Just thinking about it now brings back those great memories.
Day 6: Farewell… (For Now?)
- Morning: A last walk on the beach. Soaked up the sun. Wondering how I'm ever going to go back to reality. I didn't want to leave.
- Afternoon: One last Thai massage (because, heaven). Packed my bags with a heavy heart. Saying goodbye to those nice people.
- Evening: Sunset drinks on the beach. The most beautiful sunset I've ever seen. It felt like the universe was saying goodbye with a flourish. Dinner at the bungalow restaurant, a bittersweet farewell meal.
Day 7: Departure – And the Mosquito Battle Rages On!
- Morning: Final breakfast. One last banana pancake. Then the dreaded packing. Fighting back tears.
- 10:00 AM: Transfer to Bangkok. Goodbye paradise, goodbye my love!
- Afternoon/Evening: Bangkok. The chaos. The traffic. The airport. The long flight home. The itching. The overwhelming joy. The need to book another trip back to Coconut Garden Bungalow as soon as humanly possible.
Final Thoughts:
Prachuap Khiri Khan, especially Coconut Garden Bungalow, is a slice of heaven. Yes, there were mosquitoes. Yes, there were monkeys who may or may not have tried to steal my identity. Yes, I may have overindulged in Chang beer. But it was perfect. The people, the scenery, the food, the sheer, unadulterated relaxation… it was everything I needed. I’m already planning my return. And this time, I'm bringing extra bug spray. And maybe a banana or two. I'd love to return because it was the experience of a lifetime!
Escape to Comfort: Days Inn Newton, MS - Your I-20 Oasis!
Escape to Paradise FAQ: Seriously, Your Coconut Garden Bungalow Awaits... or Does It?
Okay, so "Escape to Paradise"... is it ACTUALLY paradise? Because I've been promised paradise before and gotten a mosquito farm.
**Bottom line:** It's beautiful. It's relaxing. But it’s not a Disney movie. Embrace the quirks!
The bungalows… are they, you know, *clean*? I'm not about that bug life.
**Pro-tip:** Embrace the geckos. They're your friends. And pack a Ziploc bag. For your toothbrush.
The food situation? Tell me about the food! I'm already dreaming of Pad Thai.
**Important advice:** Pace yourself with the chili. And... maybe pack some antacids. Just in case.
What about the beach? Is the water actually swim-in-able or is it a swamp monster situation?
Is there Wi-Fi? Because, priorities.
**My advice:** Embrace the slow internet. It’s part of the charm. And if you HAVE to work, do it from a hammock. Because, Thailand.
What are the activities? I can't just sit on a beach for a week... can I?
How do I get there? And is it a pain in the butt?


Post a Comment for "Escape to Paradise: Your Coconut Garden Bungalow Awaits in Thailand!"