Gangtok's Golden Ticket: Ramada Wyndham Hotel & Casino Awaits!

Ramada by Wyndham Gangtok Hotel & Casino Golden Gangtok India

Ramada by Wyndham Gangtok Hotel & Casino Golden Gangtok India

Gangtok's Golden Ticket: Ramada Wyndham Hotel & Casino Awaits!

Gangtok's Golden Ticket: Ramada Wyndham – A Whirlwind of Hills, Hopes, and…Maybe a Little Too Much Casino? (A Rambling Review)

Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This is not your typical, polished hotel review. This is me, raw and honest, trying to wrestle my experience at the Ramada Wyndham in Gangtok down onto the digital page. Let's be real, after a grueling trek up through those Sikkim hills, all you want is a decent bed and maybe, just maybe, a sneaky peek at some luxury. Did the Ramada deliver? Well… it’s complicated.

Accessibility: A Mixed Bag (and My Knees Hated It)

First things first, accessibility. While I, thankfully, don't require a wheelchair, the Ramada’s promises feel a little… optimistic. The website blares "Facilities for disabled guests," but my leg muscles were screaming after a few trips up and down those slightly-too-steep inclines. The elevator? Thank god for it. But navigating between the lobby and the casino… well, let’s just say it required careful planning and a hefty dose of ibuprofen. I’d be wary if true accessibility is a must.

Internet: Free Wi-Fi! (But Don't Expect Miracles)

Yes, the glorious, free Wi-Fi did reach my room. And yes, I did spend a ridiculous amount of time glued to my phone. But let's be real, in a place like Gangtok, battling mountains and the occasional dropped signal, expecting blazing speeds is a bit of a pipe dream. Consider it a bonus, not a lifeline. They do offer Internet [LAN] if you're a masochist who likes cables.

Things to Do, Ways to Relax: A Spa Day… Almost Perfected

Okay, this is where things get interesting. The Spa was a lifesaver. After all that hiking, my body was basically begging for mercy. I indulged in a body scrub and a massage. (Let’s just say the masseuse definitely worked out some kinks I didn't even know existed.) The pool with a view? Stunning. Seriously, the Himalayas peeking over the edge of the infinity pool… breathtaking. The Sauna and Steamroom were the perfect cap to a perfect day of self-care. Highly recommend. Note: While they market a Gym/Fitness, I swear it was used more to hold the hotel’s lost socks than anything else.

Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Really Safe

Okay, safety is a big deal in these post-pandemic times. The Ramada gets serious points here. They had Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer everywhere, and the staff clearly understood the Hygiene certification guidelines. I even saw them using Anti-viral cleaning products. The Room sanitization opt-out available was a nice touch (though I was greedy for every single germ-killing action they provided). They had Sterilizing equipment, the whole shebang. And the staff? Trained in safety protocol, absolutely. I felt genuinely safe. Extra points for the doctor/nurse on call – though, thankfully, I didn’t need them!

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: From Breakfast Buffets to Questionable Cocktails

This is where things get…unbalanced. The Breakfast [buffet]? Epic. An Asian breakfast blended with Western breakfast options. The Buffet in restaurant was a glorious display of choices, and the Coffee/tea in restaurant, was always available. The Restaurants themselves offered dishes ranging from the authentic Asian cuisine in restaurant to the more familiar Western cuisine in restaurant which satisfied all palates. The Poolside bar was a dream. However, the cocktails? Let's just say they were an… experience. One glass of something purple and suspiciously sweet was enough for me. They did have a Happy hour, though! I'd recommend sticking to beer. There's also a Snack bar, a Coffee shop, and a Desserts in restaurant which were pretty good.

Now, about that Room service [24-hour]… I may have woken up at 3 AM craving a noodle soup. And they delivered. Bless them. This is seriously a highlight.

Services and Conveniences: From Concierges to Currency Exchange

The Ramada really does try to cover all the bases. They have a Concierge who was helpful (and, impressively, spoke English), Currency exchange (a lifesaver, honestly), and a Convenience store on site (perfect for stocking up on snacks and… well, more snacks). The Daily housekeeping was efficient. They also offer Cash withdrawal. The Dry cleaning and Laundry service were appreciated. And the Elevator made life a million times easier.

For the Kids: Babysitting? Maybe…

Sadly, I did not travel with any children (thank the heavens!). But the Kids facilities looked…adequate. They do have a Babysitting service, though I'd recommend checking reviews before entrusting your little ones to strangers. The Family/child friendly label seems accurate enough, but don't expect Disneyland.

Available in All Rooms: The Essentials (and Some Surprises!)

Okay, let's talk in-room facilities. You get the basic: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes (thank the gods!), Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Desk, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Ironing facilities, Internet access – wireless, Linens, Mini bar, Private bathroom, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Shower, Slippers, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Wake-up service, and Wi-Fi [free].

But here’s the kicker… they had Blackout curtains. Glorious, glorious blackout curtains. I could finally get some decent sleep after those chaotic days of trekking. Then, there was the Additional toilet – never underestimate the power of extra bathroom space! And the Sofa! I loved my sofa!

Getting Around: Car Park, Airport Transfers, and The Chaos of Gangtok

The Car park [free of charge] was a blessing. Finding parking in Gangtok is like finding a unicorn. The Airport transfer was well organized (and honestly, worth the price to avoid the taxi chaos). You can also use a Taxi service, but be prepared for some…interesting negotiations. They even have a Car power charging station, which I am thankful for.

The Good, the Bad, and the Casino… Oh, the Casino.

Look, the Ramada Wyndham Gangtok is…a mixed bag. The service is generally excellent, the spa is divine, the rooms are comfortable, and the views are incredible. The food is…decent.

But then there's the casino. I'm not a gambler. Not really. But the lure of those flashing lights, the promise of a quick win… well, it got me. And let me tell you, it was a scene. Loud music, cigarette smoke (despite the "Non-smoking rooms" promise), and a lot of very serious faces. My brief venture into the world of roulette ended with me hastily retreating, wallet somewhat lighter, and vowing to stick to exploring the majestic outdoors.

Final Verdict:

Would I recommend the Ramada Wyndham Gangtok? Yes, with caveats. If you're looking for a comfortable base, a spa escape, and stunning views, this is a solid choice. Just be prepared for the slightly uneven accessibility, temper your expectations for internet speeds, and… maybe avoid the casino unless you're feeling particularly lucky (or incredibly foolhardy, like me). The hotel definitely needs some improvement, but you might still have one of the best times of your life, and that is all that matters. Now, excuse me, I need to book another massage…

Hartford's Hidden Gem: Fairfield Inn & Suites Manchester Review!

Book Now

Ramada by Wyndham Gangtok Hotel & Casino Golden Gangtok India

Ramada by Wyndham Gangtok Hotel & Casino Golden Gangtok India

Alright, strap in, buttercups, 'cause we're about to unpack my trip to the Ramada by Wyndham Gangtok Hotel & Casino Golden, which, honestly, sounds way more glamorous than reality usually is. This is gonna be a raw, unvarnished look at me, the Himalayas, and my questionable life choices. Let's go!

Day 1: Arrival and Altitude Adjustment (aka, Gasps for Air)

  • Morning (ish): Landed in Bagdogra. The airport? Tiny. The humidity? Humongous. Thought I'd be all chic backpacker, but I basically just resembled a sweaty, bewildered potato. The drive to Gangtok was… well, let's just say the roads are "character-building," which is travel-speak for "HOLY CRAP, ARE WE GOING OFF A CLIFF?!" The driver was amazing though, he kept trying to cheer me up by playing Bollywood music at, like, full volume. By the time we reach the Ramada, I’m already convinced I’ve aged a decade.

  • Afternoon: Checked in. The hotel lobby? Lavish. My room? Adequate. The view from the balcony? Breathtaking. Seriously, the Himalayas. Just… there. I mean, wow. I stood there for a good fifteen minutes, probably looking like a total tourist clenching my chest feeling so much gratitude, just completely dumbfounded. But then I realized I was also gasping for air. Altitude sickness is a bitch. Swallowed the bitter pill of disappointment and accepted I was not, in fact, a mountain goat.

  • Evening: Dinner at the hotel restaurant. The food was… well, it was food. I ordered something called "Thukpa." It looked like soup. Tasted like soup. My tastebuds at this point have likely given up on me. I, however, did not give up. I persevered. I ate the Thukpa! Victory is mine. Afterward, wandered around the casino. Never gambled before. Lost five bucks at the blackjack table in about two minutes. Apparently, "beginner's luck" is a myth. Bedtime, and the altitude headache says goodnight. I hope the view can make up for the pain tomorrow.

Day 2: Temples, Momos, and the Mystery of the Missing Sock

  • Morning: Woke up feeling slightly less like a beached whale. Decided to explore Gangtok a bit. First up: the Enchey Monastery. The air was crisp, the prayer flags were fluttering everywhere, and the scent of incense permeated the air. It was truly beautiful, very moving, and I could see why people would be inspired by the beauty of the place. Still, the place was crowded and I got swept along with the flow. Took a lot of photos. Hope they're not blurry.

  • Afternoon: Lunch at a local place. Found a tiny, hole-in-the-wall place and ordered momos. The best I'd ever tasted! They were juicy, flavorful, and completely addictive. Also, I finally had the guts to try the spicy chili sauce on the table. My tongue is still recovering. More momos are in my future. Also, somewhere between the temple and the momos, my left sock disappeared. Lost socks are the bane of my existence, even in paradise.

  • Evening: Back at the hotel. Wandered into the casino again. Lost another ten bucks. This time, I went with roulette, which I'm not sure is the solution but I'm getting the hang of it. This time I got a complimentary drink! Progress! I was starting to think, "Hey, I know what I'm doing," which will definitely lead to problems eventually. Sat on my balcony, sipped the drink, and stared at the mountains. The stars were unbelievable. I actually started to feel a little… peaceful. Maybe the Himalayas are working their zen magic on me after all. Or maybe the altitude deprivation and the free drink are making me delusional.

Day 3: A Trip to Tsomgo Lake and a Near-Death Experience (Dramatic Pause)

  • Morning: The trip to Tsomgo Lake. Oh, Tsomgo Lake. One of the things that pushed me to visit the Himalayas. The lake itself was stunning, absolutely incredible. Crystal blue. And surrounded by mountains. But Getting there? The road was beyond treacherous. I'm talking switchbacks that gave even the most seasoned drivers the Heebie-Jeebies. I started to regret my decision about this trip. But the sights, the air, the whole place just took over you. I could see other people's fear but also their joy too.

  • Afternoon: I've already said that the view was incredible, and this is when I realized I should have prepared better. A yak ride. Yup. A yak ride. I'd never been on a yak before. Turns out, they're about as graceful as I am on a dance floor and twice as smelly. The yak also seemed to have a vendetta with any and all potholes. So, I was bounced up and slammed a few to many times. That was not fun. But it was funny. After the yak ride, I felt even worse. The altitude. The bumpy ride. And the yak (which was really not my friend, I think).

  • Evening: Back at the hotel. Refueled with lots of tea. Ate my dinner, and then went back to the casino. The casinos are the closest thing to a bar in Gangtok. Lost even more money this time. Decided to call it quits. This time, I will not be gambling. I felt like I was going to sleep peacefully.

Day 4: Last Moments and the Sweet Taste of Escape

  • Morning: One final breakfast, feeling a little less grumpy about leaving. The buffet was actually pretty good. Tried the momos again. They were good. One last look at the mountains. Said goodbye to the Himalayas and the Ramada, and that was that. Ready to go home.

  • Afternoon: Bagdogra airport, again. This time, I was less of a potato and more of a moderately wilted sprout. The flight was uneventful, which is exactly what you want.

  • Evening: Arrived back home. The world was flat. There were no mountains. And I missed them already.

Ramada by Wyndham Gangtok – The Verdict?

It's a good hotel. The staff was great. The view was phenomenal. The altitude is a killer. The casinos? Well, they need a bit of work. But the biggest lesson learned? Pack extra socks! This trip was a rollercoaster, a mix of breathtaking beauty, near-death experiences on yakback, and general tourist awkwardness. Absolutely perfect. Would I recommend it? Absolutely! Just be prepared for anything, and maybe bring a spare pair of socks. You know, just in case.

Bellingham's BEST Kept Secret? Baymont Wyndham Hotel Review!

Book Now

Ramada by Wyndham Gangtok Hotel & Casino Golden Gangtok India

Ramada by Wyndham Gangtok Hotel & Casino Golden Gangtok India```html

Gangtok's Golden Ticket: Ramada Wyndham Hotel & Casino Awaits! (...Or Does It?) - A Messy FAQ

Okay, so what *is* this Golden Ticket thing, anyway? Is it actually golden? (Because if it's just a regular piece of paper, I'm already feeling ripped off.)

Alright, deep breaths. The "Golden Ticket" is essentially a promotion they run at the Ramada. It *promises* a luxurious stay at the hotel in Gangtok, and, big selling point, access to the casino. The whole experience is supposed to be, you know, glamorous. Regarding actual gold...nope. Standard paper, maybe with a slightly shimmery finish, depending on how generous the marketing department was feeling that day. Still, the *idea* is golden. Or, you know, silver-ish. Don't get caught up on the physicality, focus on the *dream*! That's what I kept telling myself...and sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. More on that disaster later.

So, what's *actually* included in the Golden Ticket package? Spill the beans!

Okay, buckle up. Again, *promises* are abundant. You're supposed to get a stay at the Ramada Wyndham (the name itself is a mouthful!), room, supposedly fancy, some included meals (buffet, mostly, and the quality...we'll delve into that later). The big draw? Access! To the in-house casino. Then there are airport transfers – which, honestly, were the *best* part for me. Loved the driver, good guy, made me feel…not quite as lost as I actually was. But yeah – room, food, casino access. Oh, and a vague promise of "personalized service." Which, in my experience, translates to "people trying to sell you *something* every five minutes." But hey, maybe *your* experience will be different. (Side-eye intensifies.)

The Casino! What's the gambling situation *really* like? Are there any decent games? And are they, y'know, cheating? (Asking for a friend, obviously.)

The casino… *sigh*. Look, I'm no high-roller. I enjoy a friendly game of Black Jack, maybe a spin of the roulette wheel. This place…it's a mixed bag. First, the games. Blackjack, Roulette. And…that was about it. Don't expect a vast selection. Some of the tables looked a little…tired. Dealers were either incredibly bored or trying *way* too hard to be charming. The atmosphere? Not exactly Vegas. Imagine your slightly grumpy uncle's basement poker night, but with more glitter and less beer. Cheating? I didn't see any overt shenanigans. But, you know, gut feeling? I wouldn't bet my life savings there. Play responsibly, as they say. And maybe, just maybe, keep an eye on your chips. I *swear* someone "misplaced" a couple of mine. Coincidence? Maybe. But I'm still suspicious.

Food, glorious food! How’s the dining situation at the Ramada? Is it worth the included meals?

Alright, let's talk about the buffet. Honestly? It was...serviceable. It wasn't *bad*, per se. There was food, yes. And you could, theoretically, get enough to eat your fill. But "gourmet"? Far from it. Think lukewarm curries, slightly dry meats, and a salad bar that looked like it had seen better days. The breakfast was the strongest, at least. Omelets were made to order, there was decent coffee (thank the gods!), and you could always load up on pastries. The coffee was my survival lifeline – the only thing that kept me going sometimes. Dinner? Well, let’s just say I spent a lot of time wandering around Gangtok looking for a decent meal after. And trust me, I'm not a snob! I love street food! But the Ramada...it just felt…underwhelming, considering the "luxury" billing.

The rooms! Are they actually as swanky as they're advertised? Do they have a decent view?

Okay, the rooms. This one's a mixed bag. On paper, yes. Advertisements show spacious rooms, plush beds, amazing views of the Himalayas. In reality… well, it depends. Depends on your luck, depends on which room you get, depends on whether the cleaning staff had a good day. Some rooms are fantastic! Seriously luxurious, great views, the works. But the room I got? Let's just say it was "cozy." The view was mostly of another building. The bed was okay. The wifi? A complete joke. I spent half my trip trying to connect to the internet. It was agonizing. And the air conditioning…it either blasted you with icy cold or…nothing. I swear I spent an entire night shivering. But, and this is important, the next door room's view was incredible! So, fingers crossed for a stellar upgrade upon arrival, yeah?

What other amenities does the hotel have? Is there a pool? A gym? Spa treatments? (Because a girl/guy needs a vacation!)

Okay, amenities. Yes, there's a pool. I *think*. I saw pictures. I *tried* to find it, but I was so exhausted from constantly being asked to buy timeshares that I gave up. There's also a gym, apparently. I did not go near it. Spa treatments? Yes, and they're overpriced. I briefly considered one, because, you know, *vacation*. But the prices gave me a serious case of sticker shock. The best amenity? The views, when you could get them. The hotel is located in Gangtok, which is beautiful. But you have to actually *leave* the hotel to appreciate it. Which I did; much to my bank balance's dislike.

Is it worth it? Should I buy the Golden Ticket?

AH, the million-dollar question. Is the Golden Ticket worth it? That's the one that keeps me up at night, staring at ceiling. Look, it *depends* on your expectations. If you're expecting a truly luxurious, seamless experience, with Vegas-level gambling and Michelin-star dining… prepare for disappointment. Seriously. Temper those expectations *way* down. However, if you're looking for a base to explore Gangtok, enjoy a *bit* of casino action, and get a potentially decent deal on a room…it might be worth considering IF the price is right. Do your research. Read reviews (other than mine, naturally). And go in with your eyes wide open. Maybe, just maybe, you'll have a better experience than I did. But prepare for the possibility of a slightly tarnished Golden Ticket. Honestly? I'd probably book a small guesthouse and use the money for food and trekking!

Any tips for maximizing the Golden Ticket experience? (Because I'm desperate, and I'm already committed.)

Findelicious Hotels

Ramada by Wyndham Gangtok Hotel & Casino Golden Gangtok India

Ramada by Wyndham Gangtok Hotel & Casino Golden Gangtok India

Ramada by Wyndham Gangtok Hotel & Casino Golden Gangtok India

Ramada by Wyndham Gangtok Hotel & Casino Golden Gangtok India

Post a Comment for "Gangtok's Golden Ticket: Ramada Wyndham Hotel & Casino Awaits!"