Bloomington's BEST Hotel Deal? Days Inn & Suites Review!

Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bloomington/Normal IL Bloomington (IL) United States

Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bloomington/Normal IL Bloomington (IL) United States

Bloomington's BEST Hotel Deal? Days Inn & Suites Review!

Bloomington's BEST Hotel Deal? Days Inn & Suites Review!

Alright, alright, settle down folks! You're looking for a hotel in Bloomington, are ya? And you want the lowdown on the Days Inn & Suites? Well, buckle up, buttercups, because I’ve got a story for ya. This ain't just some bland, robotic hotel review. This is real life, folks. This is me after a few too many conference calls, needing a Bloomington escape.

(Metadata, let's get this over with so we can get to the juicy stuff!)

Keywords: Days Inn & Suites Bloomington, Hotel Review, Bloomington Indiana, Budget Hotel, Accessible Hotel, Free Wi-Fi, Swimming Pool, Breakfast Included, Pet-Friendly, Family Friendly, Business Travel, Conference Hotel, Best Hotel Deal, Bloomington Hotels.

SEO Title: Days Inn & Suites Bloomington Review: The REAL Deal (Accessibility, Wi-Fi, & More!)

Meta Description: Is Days Inn & Suites REALLY the best hotel deal in Bloomington? This honest review dives into accessibility, free Wi-Fi, the pool, breakfast, and the overall experience, good and… well, let's just say interesting.

(Okay, NOW we can get to the REAL meat of it.)

First off, let’s be real. You're looking at a Days Inn. You're not expecting the Four Seasons, right? You're looking for clean, convenient, and hopefully, not completely soul-crushing. So, with that in mind…

Accessibility:

Okay, HUGE win in this department. I was genuinely impressed. The Days Inn in Bloomington, Indiana, seems to get it. They’ve got the basics down pat:

  • Wheelchair Accessible: Ramps are a go, elevators are present, and I even saw a few rooms specifically designated as "accessible." Bonus points for actually labeling them clearly!
  • Accessibility: They do have ramps and elevators but there were some smaller, maybe more basic, aspects that were missing, but it's certainly better than some of those dated locations around here.

Cleanliness and Safety (Post-Pandemic Edition):

Look, post-COVID, this is everyone's biggest concern, right? I was actively looking, so I did spend extra time on this one.

  • Hand Sanitizer: Everywhere. Like, seriously, you trip over a suitcase and there's a hand sanitizer pump. I appreciate that.
  • Room Sanitization: My room seemed clean. They had a little sticker on the door saying it was sanitized, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt. (I still wiped down the remotes, though. Old habits die hard, and I am always prepared with my own disinfectant wipes.)
  • Shared Spaces: They were actively disinfecting common areas.
  • Staff Training: The staff definitely seemed aware of hygiene protocols.
  • Rooms sanitized between stays: They do seem to be doing a good job of this.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: (Breakfast is Key!)

This is where things get… interesting.

  • Breakfast Included: Yes! And that's the biggest win here! The free breakfast is always a good deal!
  • Asian breakfast: They had the basic items. You can't go wrong with some eggs and some asian style food.
  • Buffet in restaurant: They did. They made it a little inconvenient but it worked overall.
  • Coffee/tea in restaurant: They always had coffee around.

Services and Conveniences (The Little Things…):

  • Air conditioning in public area: They did have this.
  • Cash withdrawal: They have this option.
  • Concierge: Don't know if they have this option.
  • Daily housekeeping: They did keep up with housekeeping.
  • Facilities for disabled guests: Yes.

For the Kids:

  • Family/child friendly: Yes. There were lots of families.

Rooms! (The Make-or-Break): Well equipped.

  • Air conditioning: They had this.
  • Alarm clock: Yes.
  • Bathroom phone: Yes!
  • Blackout curtains: Good Blackout curtains.
  • Coffee/tea maker: Yes!
  • Desk: Yes.
  • Free bottled water: Yes.
  • Hair dryer: Yes.
  • In-room safe box: Yes.
  • Internet access – wireless: Yes, and it worked!
  • Ironing facilities: Yes.
  • Laptop workspace: Yes.
  • Mini bar: No.
  • Non-smoking: The room was also smoke-free.
  • Refrigerator: Yes.
  • Shower: Yes.
  • Smoke detector: The room had a working Smoke detector.
  • Soundproofing: Not bad.
  • Telephone: Yes.
  • Wake-up service: Yes.
  • Wi-Fi [free]: Yes, and it was actually pretty decent.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax (Or Not…):

  • Pool with View: They have a pool! It's an outdoor pool, so check the season. It's not the most remarkable pool ever designed, and it's more for cooling down than an aquatic workout.
  • Gym/fitness: They have a gym. It looks a little sad, but it's there, so more points.

The Verdict?

Look, Days Inn & Suites in Bloomington is a solid choice. It's not going to blow your mind, but it's clean, generally well-maintained, and the free breakfast is a life-saver. If you’re looking for a budget-friendly hotel that's focused on accessibility, clean rooms, and free Wi-Fi, the Days Inn & Suites is a solid option. My biggest takeaway? It's a reliable place to rest your head without feeling like you've entered a complete disaster zone. The staff were friendly, and they were trying, and that goes a long way. It has some flaws, sure, but if you’re after a practical, accessible, and affordable stay in Bloomington, the Days Inn is a reasonable bet. Just grab some extra coffee for the room and maybe a few extra sanitizer wipes, just in case!

Kokomo Getaway: Best Western Kokomo Hotel Review & Deals!

Book Now

Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bloomington/Normal IL Bloomington (IL) United States

Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bloomington/Normal IL Bloomington (IL) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into a "memoir of a motel stay" at the glorious, the incandescent, the Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bloomington/Normal, IL. This isn't your perfectly curated travel blog – this is my brain splattered onto the page after a weekend of (hopefully) responsible adulting. Let's go.

Day 0: The Dreaded Pre-Trip Anxiety AKA Packing is a Soul-Crushing Exercise

  • Evening: Ugh. Packing. The End of the World as We Know It played on repeat in my head. Am I forgetting something? Probably. Socks, underwear, phone charger… the usual suspects. I swear, the more I travel, the less I know how to pack. It always ends up with one suitcase exploding and me staring at a pile of clothes with a defeated sigh. Decided on a half-hearted attempt and a hefty dose of hope.

Day 1: Bloomington's Embrace (and the Questionable Breakfast)

  • Morning: Ah, the drive. A symphony of cranky car noises, my half-eaten granola bar, and the soul-crushing realization I left my favorite coffee mug at home. Got to the promised land – or at least, Bloomington – around mid-morning. First impressions? Well, the Days Inn was… a Days Inn. The lobby was slightly more cheerful than the usual airport-esque vibe. And the air smelled… like chlorine and faint desperation? But hey, it was clean, and it had a pool (which, let's be real, is the main reason anyone stays at these places).
  • Afternoon: Settled into my room. Standard issue, but the A/C blasted ice-cold air, so, win! (Except when I realized my sinuses would probably dry out by bedtime.) Then, the real adventure began – the breakfast. This is where the Days Inn experience truly shines… and by "shines" I mean, it's where your digestive system prepares for combat. The "hot" food was lukewarm at best. The waffles? Questionable. Did I eat them? Of course. Because I lack self-control. Let's just say, my internal organs are now contemplating a protest.
  • Late Afternoon: Decided to explore. Hopped in the rental car – affectionately named "The Vomit Comet" (because of the vague hint of air freshener fighting a losing battle against previous passengers). The goal? To find a good burger. Found a local spot with a ridiculously long name, but the burger was sublime. It was so good that I almost forgot to be annoyed by the guy who kept staring at me from across the room. Is it me? Do I have something on my face? Probably.
  • Evening: Watched something on the TV. Can’t remember. Probably crime/mystery. My brain was mush, and the hotel bed was calling my name.

Day 2: Double-Down on Boredom… or, The Day I Embraced Mediocrity.

  • Morning: The same breakfast of questionable choices. This time, armed with a newfound zen-like acceptance. Okay, so it’s not gourmet. Live and let live, I thought. And the coffee… oh, the coffee. It tasted like someone had brewed it using battery acid, but I drank it anyway. Desperate times.
  • Mid-morning/Afternoon: Okay, I'll confess. I spent the majority of the day… doing absolutely nothing. I wandered aimlessly around. Drove a mile, then turned around. Read in the room. Considered the pool (looked inviting, but I chickened out). Watched a single bird through the window for an hour. Truly, I embraced the beautiful, the glorious, the wonderfully boring. It was pure, unadulterated rest. A much-needed break from the constant noise of life. Maybe boredom is the key to a long life. Who knew?
  • Evening: Dinner? Went back for the amazing burger!

Day 3: Departure and the Great Hotel Room Purge

  • Morning: Final breakfast. Took a plate of the same questionable waffles. This time, I paired them with a hard-boiled egg that I suspect was older than I am.
  • Mid-Morning: The Great Purge of Room 217 (or whatever room it was). Gathering all my crap. Trash, half-empty water bottles, random instruction leaflets. And then the moment of reckoning: do I leave the tip? Or do I run for it? (KIDDING! …mostly.)
  • Afternoon: Time to checkout! Left the hotel, and went on my way.

Overall Reflections and the Messy Truth:

Okay, let's be real. The Days Inn wasn't perfect. It wasn’t life-changing. But it was enough. It was a clean, quiet place to sleep, a temporary escape from the everyday. The boredom was necessary. Sometimes, that’s all you need. This wasn't some glamorous vacation; it was just a weekend away. And sometimes, that's exactly what you need to recharge and get back to real life. Would I go back? Maybe. Especially since the bar for "good hotel" is so low for me.

Raleigh Getaway: Unbeatable Deals at MainStay Suites!

Book Now

Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bloomington/Normal IL Bloomington (IL) United States

Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bloomington/Normal IL Bloomington (IL) United States```html

Bloomington's "BEST" Hotel Deal? Let's Talk Days Inn & Suites (and My Sanity)!

Alright, here's the thing about the Days Inn & Suites in Bloomington. That "best deal" claim? Yeah, it's... debatable. The price? Often dirt cheap. Like, makes-you-suspect-something's-off cheap. And let me tell you, sometimes, something *is* off.

I remember one time, I was desperately trying to save money for a surprise birthday trip for my wife. We had just gotten back from a long trip, and after driving for nearly 8 hours, I was exhausted. I saw a Days Inn, pulled in, and was giddy at the low price. I walked inside and knew by the stale cigarette smell that I would not leave that room for any occasion. I told myself it would be just for one night.

So, yes, the price is tempting. But before you click that 'book now' button, let's delve into the gritty details.

Okay, let's get real. The room situation? It’s a crapshoot, my friends. It's like the lottery of accommodation. You *might* strike gold and land in a surprisingly alright room - maybe even *clean*. Okay, that's a rare win. More often than not, you're entering a space that’s… experienced. It's lived. It's *seen things*.

Once, I swear I saw a stain on the carpet that looked suspiciously like a map of the Iberian Peninsula. Another time, the bed dipped so low in the middle I felt like I was perpetually trying to escape a black hole. The sheets? Well, let's just say they're a gamble too. Pack some Clorox wipes and your own pillow, just to be safe. And for goodness sake, check the lighting. Dim lighting is the enemy; you need to see what you're dealing with.

My advice? Lower your expectations. Way, *way* lower. Then, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Okay, the *amenities*… Let's break this down. The pool? It's there. Sometimes. Small. Chlorinated. Possibly teeming with unseen microorganisms. Check the hours when you arrive, and don't be shocked if it's inexplicably "closed for maintenance." I'm not judging, but I've had it close for maintenance in the middle of summer.

And the breakfast? Oh, the breakfast. This is where the budget really shows. Picture a continental spread of processed pastries, and a dispenser of orange juice that might-or-might-not-actually-be-juice. The coffee? Lukewarm and probably tastes like despair. I once tried a waffle from a waffle maker that looked like it predated the invention of the internet. I'm not kidding, it probably had more history than I do. The scrambled eggs? Well...let's just say "texture is optional." Pack your own breakfast, seriously. Or hit up a nearby diner. Your stomach will thank you.

The staff? Well, they're *there*. They're people, just trying to make a living, so give them a break. They're probably working hard, and I've seen them under a lot of pressure, some of the rooms are so bad, I don't even know how they can stand it. They generally seem to be trying their best. Customer service? It's a mixed bag. I've dealt with people who were genuinely helpful and kind, and others... well, let's just say communication wasn't their strong suit.

I remember one time, I checked in late, exhausted after a long drive. The front desk person was... well, let's just say not exactly overflowing with enthusiasm. I asked for some extra towels, and the look I got was like I'd asked for the keys to the moon. I'm pretty sure I heard a sigh that could have launched a thousand ships. Just be polite, be patient, and remember that you get what you pay for. Or, as my grandma used to say, "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar," which, in this case, might be applicable.

Alright, the million-dollar question: should you stay? The answer? It depends. Are you absolutely, positively strapped for cash? Is it the only option between you and sleeping in your car? Then, okay, maybe. Just maybe. But, and there's a big but here, if you have any wiggle-room in your budget, any *other* options at all, RUN. Run far, run fast, andStay By City

Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bloomington/Normal IL Bloomington (IL) United States

Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bloomington/Normal IL Bloomington (IL) United States

Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bloomington/Normal IL Bloomington (IL) United States

Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bloomington/Normal IL Bloomington (IL) United States

Post a Comment for "Bloomington's BEST Hotel Deal? Days Inn & Suites Review!"