Erie's BEST Hotel? TownePlace Suites Review (PA) - You WON'T Believe This!

TownePlace Suites Erie Erie (PA) United States

TownePlace Suites Erie Erie (PA) United States

Erie's BEST Hotel? TownePlace Suites Review (PA) - You WON'T Believe This!

TownePlace Suites Erie: My Honest Take (Spoiler: It's a Rollercoaster!)

Okay, so you're thinking about the TownePlace Suites in Erie, PA? Buckle up, buttercup, because from my experience, it's less a straight line and more a… well, a surprisingly enjoyable, slightly wonky rollercoaster. This review is going to be less "objective analysis" and more "what actually happened when I stayed there, with all the messy bits." Get ready, because here we go!

First Impressions & Accessibility: Starting Strong (and a Little Confusing)

Right off the bat, the exterior is… unassuming. It’s a TownePlace Suites, you know? Clean, functional, but not exactly awe-inspiring. But, I was pretty impressed with the accessibility. Everything felt designed with ease of movement in mind. Wheelchair accessible wasn't just a checkbox; ramps were smooth, doors were automatic, and the common areas felt genuinely inclusive. The elevator was a lifesaver, especially after hauling my suitcase up from the parking lot.

Now, the car park [free of charge] was a godsend, but the layout got me a little lost initially. The entrance wasn't exactly screaming "WELCOME!" and I spent five minutes circling before figuring out where to go. #FirstWorldProblems, I know.

Rooms & Amenities: Cozy Chaos (and Free Wi-Fi!)

The room itself? Comfortable. Think of it as a really nice apartment. Air conditioning blasted the arctic air, which I loved after a long drive. The presence of blackout curtains, was also a blessing, allowing me to sleep like a log (or maybe that was the exhaustion from the long trip?).

Shout out to the Wi-Fi [free]. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! YES! This is essential people. And it worked surprisingly well. Streaming movies on the internet was a breeze, even with my multiple devices hogging the bandwidth. I was also happy to see Internet access – wireless available in all rooms.

The kitchen was functional - a refrigerator was nice, the coffee/tea maker was a morning lifesaver. I am a coffee addict! The desk was adequate, though maybe a slightly better reading light would be appreciated.

Here's a Fun Fact: I'm obsessed with a good hotel shower. And the separate shower/bathtub combo? Perfection. The water pressure was amazing, let's just say I spent a little too long in there.

Things to Do, Ways to Relax: Where’s the Spa? (or, Mild Disappointment)

Okay, this is where things got a little less… stellar. The website boasts things like a fitness center, swimming pool [outdoor], but honestly, the vibe felt more "business trip" than "relaxing spa getaway." This might be my fault as a person who over-estimated the relaxing options.

I was a bit bummed there wasn't a spa on-site. No spa/sauna. Forget about a massage or body scrub, the only body scrubs I received where the harsh ones from the shower. I'm not saying it needed those things, but it would have been a serious upgrade to the relaxation factor. I think I could of actually made use of a sauna, or even just the steamroom.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Breakfast, the Savior

Breakfast. The Breakfast [buffet] was the real star. I mean, it wasn't Michelin-star level, but I'm a sucker for a hotel breakfast. The Breakfast service was swift. The Buffet in restaurant offered everything I needed to get going: eggs, sausage, fruit, and the glorious, glorious waffles. I grabbed a bunch with an absolute glee!

They offered Asian breakfast options one morning, which caught me off guard! Not complaining though!

I have no complaint. The Coffee/tea in restaurant was also essential.

Regarding the other meals… well. I didn't eat any other meals, but I did see the Snack bar so that's something for any weary traveler.

Cleanliness and Safety: Sanitizing Heaven!

This is where TownePlace Suites really shines, especially post-pandemic. Cleanliness and safety were clearly top priorities. Seeing Anti-viral cleaning products utilized in a time when we all need to be aware of this!

I was impressed (and relieved!) by the measures taken. Everything felt spotless.

  • Room sanitization opt-out available: They made it easy to decline housekeeping.
  • Rooms sanitized between stays.
  • Daily disinfection in common areas.
  • Staff trained in safety protocol.
  • Hand sanitizer stations were everywhere.
  • Individually-wrapped food options at breakfast.

This level of attention immediately put me at ease.

Services and Conveniences: Mixed Bag

The front desk [24-hour] staff were incredibly helpful, even when I locked myself out of my room (don't judge!). They are true professionals. The concierge was really helpful too. The convenience store came in handy for late-night snacks. The dry cleaning services were perfect for my business attire.

Getting Around: Simple

The car park [on-site] was free, which is a huge plus. I didn't need an airport transfer or a taxi service, but it's good to know they are available.

For the Kids: Family-Friendly?

I didn't have kids with me, but I noticed a few things. The family/child friendly environment seemed welcoming, and the kids meal options at the restaurant would be a nice touch for those traveling with little ones.

The Verdict: A Solid, if Slightly Imperfect, Stay

TownePlace Suites Erie is a fantastic option. It's clean, comfortable, and prioritizes safety. It's not a luxury resort, but it’s a great place to stay whether you are traveling through the city or planning for a long-term stay. It's a functional, reliable choice, and for the price, the value is excellent. I totally recommend the TownePlace Suites, and would totally come back - especially for that breakfast.

Ankeny's BEST Kept Secret: Unbelievable Country Inn & Suites Deal!

Book Now

TownePlace Suites Erie Erie (PA) United States

TownePlace Suites Erie Erie (PA) United States

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because my travel itinerary for TownePlace Suites Erie, PA, is less "rigid schedule" and more "chaotic but hopefully charming adventure." Let's be honest, perfection is overrated. This is about surviving the trip and maybe, just maybe, enjoying it.

The Erie Odyssey: A Semi-Planned Debacle

Day 1: Arrival and the Quest for the Perfect Room (and Pizza)

  • 3:00 PM (ish): Arrive at TownePlace Suites Erie. Pray to the hotel gods for a room not facing the dumpster. Seriously, had that happen once – the aroma was…memorable. Receptionist looks me over, I’m sure. She smiles, probably because this weary traveler has yet to fully realize I'm a walking disaster. She gives me Room 212. "Okay, okay, let's just hope it's not a horror show…"
    • Observation: First impressions count. The lobby is… functional. Clean-ish. Smells of industrial cleaner, which I guess is better than the aforementioned dumpster aroma.
    • Impression: I'm already craving pizza. This is a problem.
  • 3:30 PM: Room assessment. Inspect the bed. Leap. Sink down. It's a good bed. A very good bed. "Alright, Erie, you're already winning," I declare to the empty room. Then the actual inspection begins. Micro-fridge status. Bathroom cleanliness status. Oh, and the view. Nope, not the dumpster. Score! A parking lot. Close enough to a win, I guess.
    • Quirk: I always do a weird little jump when I first sit on a hotel bed. Don't judge me. I'm like a child testing out a new bouncy castle.
  • 4:00 PM: Pizza pilgrimage. Research time. Erie has pizza, right? It's America! Google Maps yields a promising local place called “Slices of Heaven.” The name alone is making my stomach rumble.
    • Rambling Thought: I swear, if the pizza is bad, I'm gonna' cry. Travel is about expectations, and pizza forms the bedrock of those expectations.
  • 5:00 PM: Pizza Encounter!: The pizza is amazing! It is everything. Its the reason I came.. It is exactly what I needed.
    • Emotion: Pure unadulterated joy! The cheesy, saucy, perfect pizza! The world melts away. I become one with the pepperoni.
  • 6:00 PM: Unpacking (Sort Of): I start, I get an overwhelming desire to do.. nothing. I sit on the bed for a few minutes. Okay, maybe later.

Day 2: Lake Erie's Embrace (and Maybe Some Regrets)

  • 7:00 AM: The Free Breakfast Fiasco. TownePlace Suites usually have a solid continental breakfast. But, this morning, it's pure chaos. Waffles are burnt, the coffee is lukewarm, and the plastic cutlery is aggressively flimsy.
    • Impression: Okay, maybe the hotel gods aren't always on my side. Time to embrace the greasy spoon down the road later.
  • 8:00 AM: A stroll on the beach. The lake is freezing. I'm not a fan of cold. I retreat.
  • 10:00 AM: "Presque Isle State Park." This is what they're pushing. So, I go. It's… beautiful. The lake is finally showing off. I try to take some artsy photos, but keep failing. I give up and just enjoy myself.
    • Emotion: A real sense of peace. This is why I travel, right? To escape the ordinary. The mundane. The… well, the burnt waffles.
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch Disaster - I stumble across a greasy spoon. I see the sign. I'm hungry. I think, hey, I can handle it. It's good, but then I start feeling ill. I hate it. I sit a while. Then I go back to my room, and just… sit.
  • 4:00 PM: The Great Netflix Binge. Sometimes you just need a day in a dark room.
  • Emotion: I am angry. I feel ill. I hate the trip. I don't want to leave the hotel. But, also, I'm so tired.

Day 3: Departure and the Lingering Scent of Pizza (and Regret)

  • 9:00 AM: Wake up. I feel better now.
  • 9:30 AM: Try to eat breakfast, but I don't really want to.
  • 10:00 AM: Check out. Say goodbye to my lovely bed.

Post-Trip Reflections (and Therapy Sessions):

  • The Good: The bed was awesome. That pizza! Presque Isle was truly lovely.
  • The Bad: The breakfast. The lunch. The near-meltdown over burnt waffles. My inability to take decent photos.
  • The Messy: I went to Erie.
  • Opinion: I went. I came. I survived. I'd maybe go back. Maybe.
  • Emotion: A bittersweet mix of exhaustion, slight disappointment, and a strange fondness for a city I spent only a few days in. And, mostly, a memory of that pizza. Until next time, Erie!
Toronto Mississauga Marriott: Luxury Getaway Awaits!

Book Now

TownePlace Suites Erie Erie (PA) United States

TownePlace Suites Erie Erie (PA) United States```html

Okay, spill the beans! Is TownePlace Suites Erie *really* the best? You know, the hype is real?

Alright, alright, settle down! Best is a big word, right? Look, I’ve stayed in some dumps, truly, and I've also seen posh places that cost more than my rent. My humble opinion? Depends on your priorities. But for the price, the location (close to the lake AND some decent restaurants!), and the whole *vibe*... yeah, TownePlace Suites in Erie is damn good. I’d say it’s *easily* in the running for the crown. Remember, though, this is just *my* experience. You might have a different one. You know, some people like pineapple on pizza (shudders).

What's the *deal* with the free breakfast? Is it even worth getting out of bed for? (I'm a breakfast snob.)

Oh, the dreaded hotel breakfast. Trust me, I get it. Cold rubbery eggs and questionable sausage usually give me serious side-eye. But, seriously, the TownePlace Suites breakfast? It's…decent. It has the basics – waffles (yeah!), a rotating selection of hot items (some days better than others, let's be real!), and the usual bagels, cereal, and fruit. The coffee? Not Starbucks, but it’ll wake you up. Look, if you're expecting Michelin-star quality, you'll be disappointed. But for FREE? Absolutely worth it. I actually *looked forward* to the waffle maker. I’m not proud of it. But I did. I *loved* the waffle maker. One morning, I had a triple-decker waffle disaster. Syrup everywhere. Utter chaos. Good times. (Don't tell anyone.)

The rooms. Let's talk rooms. Are they clean? Spacious? My biggest fear is a cramped, dirty box.

Okay, the rooms. This is where TownePlace Suites really shines. I stayed in a suite - which is, like, a whole APARTMENT, practically! Clean? Yes! Spotlessly clean? Okay, maybe not *spotlessly* spotlessly – I’m a detail person, and I did find *one* stray hair in the bathroom (I’m not judging, I’ve shed enough hair to populate a small mammal). But overall? Impeccably clean. Spacious? Absolutely! Lounge area, full kitchen... you could *live* there. I’d say the space alone is worth the price. It's a HUGE deal when you're traveling with kids, trust me. Or, you know, if you just like room to breathe (and spread out your junk, as I do). My only minor gripe? The lighting in the seating area could be a *touch* better. But hey, I'm not complaining - yet.

The Staff. Are the people working there friendly? Or are they just robots programmed to say "Have a nice day"?

The staff? Okay, this is where I get…glowing. Seriously, they were *amazing*. Not robotic at all! They were actually *helpful*. I had an issue with my TV remote (user error, probably). The guy at the front desk, bless his heart, came up to my room *himself* to fix it. He even cracked a little joke about my obvious ineptitude (in a friendly way, of course). They seemed genuinely happy to be there. Which, let's be honest, is a rarity in the hospitality industry. I overheard them helping other guests with directions, recommendations, everything. Major props to the whole team. They make the experience *much* better. Seriously, give them a raise! (I wish I could.)

Okay, the pool and gym. Worth a dip or a pump? Are they clean and well-maintained?

Alright, listen up. The pool. It was… fine. Clean-ish. Actually, the water *looked* clean. I’m a bit of a germaphobe, so I may have spent more time analyzing the tile grout than actually swimming. It's not, like, a resort pool, but it's perfectly functional for a quick dip... or to entertain the kids for a few hours (which is why I went). The gym? Small. Really small. Like, one elliptical, a treadmill, and a rack of weights that probably came from the 1980s. Did I use it? Nope. But hey, it's there. I saw a guy in there once, grunting. He seemed happy. So, your mileage may vary. Just don't expect a state-of-the-art fitness center.

Location, Location, Location! Is it convenient to things? Especially if I want to hit up Presque Isle State Park?

Location, location, location! Bingo! This is a HUGE win for TownePlace Suites. The hotel's location is excellent. It's close to Presque Isle State Park, which is Erie’s crown jewel. You can practically *smell* the lake! Getting there is a breeze. Plus, you're near restaurants, shopping... all the essentials. I am not a fan of spending half my vacation stuck in a car. This hotel makes getting around *easy*. Seriously, the location alone is worth the price. I spent one glorious afternoon on the beach and another exploring the park. So convenient. I will forever be slightly obsessed with Presque Isle State Park.

Any downsides? Come on, nothing's perfect!

Okay, fine. Nothing is perfect. My biggest gripe? Parking! I am not a fan of the parking situation. It's not *terrible*, but it can get a little tight, especially if the hotel is busy. A few times I had to circle for a spot. It’s not a deal-breaker, but it's worth noting. The other potential downside? The occasional hallway noise. You know, kids running, doors slamming. If you're a light sleeper, pack some earplugs. I am, and I did. I actually had a hilarious incident where I was trying to sleep and the fire alarm went off. Turns out, some idiot burned their toast. Classic. But hey, it's a small price to pay for a great hotel. I also, as mentioned, wish the gym was more substantial. And, yes, *some* of the breakfast items could use a little…pizzazz. See, I have problems. But seriously, parking and occasionally loud neighbors? That’s it! It's not perfect, but it gets *so* much right.

Would you stay there again? The ultimate question!

Absolutely. One hundred percent. In a heartbeat. I’m already planning my next trip! The convenience, the cleanliness, the friendly staff, the waffles... it all adds up to a great experience. If you'Personalized Stays

TownePlace Suites Erie Erie (PA) United States

TownePlace Suites Erie Erie (PA) United States

TownePlace Suites Erie Erie (PA) United States

TownePlace Suites Erie Erie (PA) United States

Post a Comment for "Erie's BEST Hotel? TownePlace Suites Review (PA) - You WON'T Believe This!"