Seattle's Hidden Gem: MarQueen Hotel - Unforgettable Luxury Awaits!

MarQueen Hotel Seattle (WA) United States

MarQueen Hotel Seattle (WA) United States

Seattle's Hidden Gem: MarQueen Hotel - Unforgettable Luxury Awaits!

Seattle's MarQueen Hotel: Where Victorian Charm Meets Modern Comfort (and Maybe a Few Ghosts!) - A Review That's More "Real" Than "Perfect"

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the (perfectly brewed) tea on the MarQueen Hotel in Seattle. Forget those glossy, sterile reviews – I'm here to tell you the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me… well, the ghost of that Victorian lady I swear I saw in the hallway at 3 AM.

(SEO & Metadata Snippet: Seattle Hotel Review, MarQueen Hotel, Luxury Hotel Seattle, Victorian Hotel, Best Hotels Seattle, Spa Hotel, Accessible Hotel Seattle, Free Wi-Fi, Romantic Getaway Seattle, Reviews, Travel)

First off, let's get the basics out of the way, and then we'll dive into the good stuff.

Accessibility: This is one area where the MarQueen pretty much nailed it.

  • Wheelchair Accessible: Check. Several rooms looked like they'd be perfectly accommodating. Score!
  • Elevator: Major plus. No lugging suitcases up those beautifully creaky stairs (though, honestly, I kinda wanted to).
  • Facilities for disabled guests: Seemed to be well-thought-out.
  • Accessibility is good.

Internet Access: The Modern Necessity

  • Free Wi-Fi in ALL rooms! Praise the digital gods! The signal was strong, even in my slightly-haunted corner room.
  • Internet [LAN]: I peeked in the room, there was one, I didn't use it.
  • Internet Services: Pretty standard, though I mostly used my phone and wi-fi.
  • Wi-Fi in public areas: Yup. Pretty good too, in the lobby I was working.

Cleanliness and Safety: Because Covid, Duh!

Okay, so they take this seriously, which is fantastic.

  • Anti-viral cleaning products: Good.
  • Daily disinfection in common areas: Good.
  • Hand sanitizer: Everywhere. I felt like I was in a hospital, in a good way.
  • Hygiene certification: Checked.
  • Individually-wrapped food options: Yep.
  • Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: Tried.
  • Professional-grade sanitizing services: Sounds impressive!
  • Rooms sanitized between stays: Definitely a plus.
  • Staff trained in safety protocol: Seemed like it.
  • Sterilizing equipment: I didn't ask to see it, but I believe them.
  • Safe dining setup: Good.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Let's Talk Food!

This is where things got interesting.

  • A la carte in restaurant: Yes!
  • Asian breakfast: I didn't try it, but it looked good.
  • Bar: Yes! A cozy little bar.
  • Breakfast [buffet]: More on this later…
  • Breakfast service: They make it good!
  • Coffee shop: Close by!
  • Happy hour: Yes.
  • Restaurants: The restaurant itself was good.
  • Room service [24-hour]: Perfect for late-night cravings.
  • Salad in restaurant: Yep.
  • Snack bar: Not really a snack bar.
  • Vegetarian restaurant: Not directly in the hotel.
  • Western breakfast: Yep.

(Rant Alert!) The Breakfast [buffet]. Oh, the breakfast buffet. It was good, don't get me wrong. But. Here’s the thing: I’m a breakfast person. I live for that first cup of coffee, that plate overflowing with deliciousness. And the buffet at the MarQueen… it was, dare I say, a little disappointing. Now, maybe my expectations were too high (after all, I was expecting Victorian-era extravagance, not just modern-day comfort). The pastries were okay, the fruit was fresh, the eggs were… well, they were eggs. But something was missing. That "wow" factor. That feeling of pure, unadulterated breakfast bliss. I ended up going down the street for a second helping.

Services and Conveniences: The Perks and the Quirks

  • Air conditioning in public area: Yes, thankfully!
  • Audio-visual equipment for special events: I saw some equipment.
  • Business facilities: Conference room, etc.
  • Cash withdrawal: Convenient, if you use cash.
  • Concierge: Super helpful.
  • Contactless check-in/out: Easy peasy.
  • Currency exchange: Not sure if they have this.
  • Daily housekeeping: Excellent.
  • Doorman: Present.
  • Dry cleaning: Yippee!
  • Elevator: Already mentioned, but worth repeating.
  • Essential condiments: Yes.
  • Facilities for disabled guests: Covered.
  • Food delivery: Yes.
  • Gift/souvenir shop: Didn't see one.
  • Indoor venue for special events: They have that.
  • Invoice provided: Yep.
  • Ironing service: Great!
  • Laundry service: Good.
  • Luggage storage: Convenient.
  • Meeting/banquet facilities: Yes.
  • Meetings: They do it.
  • On-site event hosting: Weddings and more.
  • Outdoor venue for special events: Yep.
  • Safety deposit boxes: Secure.
  • Smoking area: Yep.
  • Terrace: Nice.
  • Xerox/fax in business center: Yes.

For the Kids:

  • Babysitting service: Didn't need this.
  • Family/child friendly: Seemed it.
  • Kids meal: Probably.

Access:

  • CCTV in common areas: Yes.
  • CCTV outside property: Yep.
  • Check-in/out [express]: Fast.
  • Check-in/out [private]: Available.
  • Front desk [24-hour]: Always manned.
  • Hotel chain: It is one, though it feels more boutique.
  • Non-smoking rooms: Huge plus!
  • Pets allowed: I didn't see any.
  • Safety/security feature: Good.
  • Security [24-hour]: They are.

Getting Around:

  • Airport transfer: They offer it, but I just used a cab.
  • Car park [free of charge]: Yes.
  • Car park [on-site]: Available.
  • Taxi service: Easy to get.

Available in all rooms:

  • Additional toilet: Nope.
  • Air conditioning: Yes.
  • Alarm clock: Yes.
  • Bathrobes: Cozy.
  • Bathroom phone: For emergencies!
  • Bathtub: Some rooms.
  • Blackout curtains: Thank the heavens!
  • Carpeting: Good.
  • Closet: Space to unpack.
  • Coffee/tea maker: Essential.
  • Complimentary tea: Yes.
  • Daily housekeeping: Excellent.
  • Desk: For working.
  • Extra long bed: Comfortable.
  • Free bottled water: Nice touch.
  • Hair dryer: Essential.
  • High floor: Some rooms.
  • In-room safe box: Secure.
  • Internet access – wireless: Fantastic!
  • Ironing facilities: Yes.
  • Laptop workspace: Plenty of room.
  • Linens: Comfy.
  • Mini bar: Stocked.
  • Mirror: Yep.
  • Non-smoking: Yay!
  • On-demand movies: Yes.
  • Private bathroom: Always.
  • Reading light: Perfect for late-night reading.
  • Refrigerator: Useful.
  • Satellite/cable channels: Plenty of options.
  • Scale: Oops.
  • Seating area: Relaxing.
  • Separate shower/bathtub: Some rooms.
  • Shower: Good water pressure.
  • Slippers: Nice touch.
  • Smoke detector: Good.
  • Socket near the bed: Convenient.
  • Sofa: Some rooms.
  • Soundproofing: Fairly quiet.
  • Telephone: Standard.
  • Toiletries: Decent quality.
  • Towels: Fluffy.
  • Umbrella: Essential in Seattle.
  • Wake-up service: Reliable.
  • Wi-Fi [free]: A lifesaver.
  • Window that opens: Good.

Things to Do, Ways to Relax: Spa Day Dreams (Sort Of)

Okay, here’

Escape to Juarez: Luxury & Comfort Await at Hampton Inn by Hilton!

Book Now

MarQueen Hotel Seattle (WA) United States

MarQueen Hotel Seattle (WA) United States

Alright, buckle up, buttercups! Because we're about to dive headfirst into my, ahem, Travel Log of Utter Chaos: Seattle Edition (MarQueen Hotel, you lucky devil!). Prepare yourselves, because this ain't your cookie-cutter itinerary. This is real life.

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Coffee Quest (or, How I Accidentally Became BFFs with a Barista)

  • 1:00 PM: Arrived at Sea-Tac. Jet-lagged, slightly nauseous from the plane food (why must they insist on airplane bread?!), and already fantasizing about a decent coffee. The pre-trip "research" (read: scrolling through Instagram) led me to believe Seattleites run on caffeine. Challenge accepted.
  • 1:45 PM: Uber to the MarQueen. Holy moly, this place is gorgeous! Victorian charm meets…well, whatever I'm feeling at the moment (a mix of excitement and sheer terror). Check-in was a smooth dance of pleasantries and weary smiles from the front desk. I am in love with the cozy lobby and the big windows. Seriously, I could just live here.
  • 2:30 PM: The Coffee Quest begins! Wandered aimlessly (read: looked like a confused lost puppy) toward Queen Anne Avenue. Found a cute little place called "Uptown Espresso." Ordered a latte. Watched the barista, a fella with more tattoos than actual real skin, work his magic with a steaming pitcher.
  • 2:45 PM: "So, you're new to Seattle?" he asked, a grin spreading across his face. "You've got that 'deer in headlights' look." Nailed it. We bonded over the evils of lukewarm beverages and the superiority of a good, strong espresso. He actually gave me local tips like a good friend. I swear, I could get used to this Seattle hospitality.
  • 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM: Explored the neighborhood. Found a cute little book store with a used books and vinyl record selection, which made me happy.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner at a nearby bistro. Tried the seafood. The waiter (another incredibly friendly soul!) gave me a crash course in local oysters. Okay, Seattle, you're winning me over.
  • 7:30 PM: Back at the MarQueen. Flopped onto my bed. Seriously, my mattress felt like heaven. Checked emails, edited my photos, and just basked in the relief of not being on a plane any more.

Day 2: Pike Place Market & The Gum Wall (Or, When I Learned to Embrace the Mess)

  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast at the hotel. Their continental breakfast was decent. Not amazing, but hey, free food is free food!
  • 10:00 AM: Pike Place Market. Oh. My. God. What a sensory overload! The fish tossing, the flower bouquets, the cheese samples that could've made a vegetarian convert. It was utter, glorious chaos.
  • 11:00 AM: Got my first (and definitely not last) coffee at Pike Place. Watched the crowds, smiled and felt a part of something that wasn't exactly my world.
  • 11:30 AM: The Gum Wall. Okay, before you judge, I wasn't entirely repulsed. It was…weirdly fascinating. Gross, but fascinating. Took a picture. Then another one. This place had an effect on me I didn't expect.
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch at a seafood restaurant overlooking the bay. The view was stunning, but I swear I developed a mild allergy to shellfish, because my face felt itchy for the rest of the afternoon.
  • 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM: Explored the Seattle Art Museum (SAM). Struggled with the abstract art, but loved the Native American collection.
  • 5:00 PM: Happy hour at a rooftop bar. Attempted to act sophisticated while nursing a cocktail. Failed spectacularly.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner with a travel partner visiting with me. We ate in a cafe in the neighborhood.
  • 9:00 PM: Back at the hotel. Watched some TV, and fell asleep.

Day 3: The Space Needle & The Great Ferry Adventure (With a Side of Existential Dread)

  • 9:30 AM: Started the day with a brisk walk around the neighborhood.
  • 10:30 AM: The Space Needle. Okay, the view was incredible. Breathtaking. Made me question my whole life and every creative decision I'd made in the past decade. Seriously, that high up, it hits you. "Is this all there is?" I think I mumbled this in the elevator.
  • 11:30 AM: Visited the glass blowing demonstrations. It was mesmerizing to watch the artists at work.
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch with a view.
  • 2:30 PM - 5:00 PM: Ferry adventure! Took the ferry to Bainbridge Island. The water was choppy, and I started to question my life choices (again). The views were beautiful, but the thought of seagulls, the choppy waters, and the long ride made me feel somewhat queasy. That said, there were many happy faces.
  • 7:00 PM: Farewell Dinner in our hotel.

Day 4: Departure & Reflections (Or, Seattle, You Sneaky Devil!)

  • 9:00 AM: Wandered around the neighborhood. One last latte. Tried to memorize the address of the coffee shop.
  • 10:00 AM: Checked out of the MarQueen. The staff were unbelievably kind. I felt like I was leaving my friends.
  • 11:00 AM: Taxi to Sea-Tac.
  • 12:00 PM: Arrived at the Airport.
  • 1:00 PM: Boarding the plane.
  • 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM: Flight back home.

Final Thoughts:

Seattle, you sneaky devil. I came here expecting rain and coffee, and you gave me…everything. The chaos, the beauty, the friendly faces. There were moments of pure joy and also moments of "what was I thinking?" But that's the messy, beautiful truth of travel. And I wouldn't trade it for all the perfectly planned itineraries in the world. I might be back, Seattle. You've definitely got my number.

Escape to Paradise: Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Awaits!

Book Now

MarQueen Hotel Seattle (WA) United States

MarQueen Hotel Seattle (WA) United States```html

Okay, spill the tea...is the MarQueen *really* as magical as those Instagram posts make it look?

Okay, here's the deal. Instagram? They *lie*. Sometimes. But with the MarQueen? Mostly true. It's got this... *vibe*, you know? Like stepping back in time, but in a REALLY good way. Think: plush carpets you want to roll around on (I may or may not have tested the theory… shhh), stained glass windows that make you feel like you’re in a gothic romance novel (seriously, I half expected a brooding vampire to turn up), and a lobby fireplace that just *begs* you to curl up with a book and a glass of wine. I mean, come on!
**Anecdote time:** My first visit, I was convinced I'd accidentally wandered onto a movie set. I literally walked around the lobby, touching everything and whispering, "Is this REAL?!" It WAS. And it's glorious. But, fair warning: it's not perfect. The elevator? A bit… temperamental. And one time, I swear I saw a ghost (probably just the shadows and the romantic lighting, but still… spooky fun!).

What's the *deal* with the breakfast? Is it worth waking up for? Because, you know, sleep is sacred.

Alright, breakfast at the MarQueen. Listen, I am a *very* serious breakfast person. I take my eggs Benedict as seriously as some people take their... well, everything. The MarQueen's breakfast? It's good. Really good. NOT hotel-buffet-scary-good. Think: freshly baked pastries that smell like heaven itself. Perfectly poached eggs (that's the *real* test, people!), and strong coffee that actually kicks you into gear without tasting like battery acid.
**Here's the truth bomb:** It's no Michelin-starred restaurant breakfast. But it's charming, it's delicious, and it's served in a room that feels like you’re having breakfast at your eccentric, wealthy aunt’s house (the one with the amazing antiques, not the one who hoards cats). Plus, the staff? Utterly delightful. They remember your coffee order on day two. That, my friends, is GOLD.

Location, location, location! Is it actually convenient to, you know, *do* things in Seattle? Or am I stuck in some remote mansion pretending to be a Victorian socialite?

Actually, the MarQueen is pretty fantastically located. You're in Lower Queen Anne, which is basically the cool kid on the block. You can wander to the Space Needle (yes, actually see it!), the Museum of Pop Culture (MoPOP) - which is super trippy, and the Seattle Center (where stuff is *always* happening).
**Okay, real talk time:** The walk to the Space Needle is uphill. And yes, I'm slightly out of shape. But it's totally doable. And the payoff is worth it! Just, maybe, bring a water bottle and a good pair of shoes. And if you’re like me and *hate* walking uphill, there's always a ride-sharing app. Don't judge. We all have our weaknesses.
**Quirky Observation:** One time I noticed a couple of tourists struggle to find the right way. It was quite amusing from the outside, I must say.

Are the rooms actually *nice*? Or are they just trying to distract you with fancy wallpaper to hide the lack of… space?

Nice? Oh, honey, the rooms are lovely. They're not tiny shoeboxes pretending to be luxury. They're… *charming*. They have character. Think high ceilings, big windows, and that vintage vibe again. I’m a sucker for a good antique, and these rooms DELIVER.
**The "imperfection" moment:** One room I stayed in... well, the radiator was a bit noisy. And the WiFi… not the fastest. But honestly? It kind of added to the old-world charm. It made me feel like I really *was* escaping the modern world, in the best way. I loved it! But, yeah, if you’re a digital nomad who needs lightning-fast internet, maybe give them a heads-up about your needs when booking. I was fine for a little screen time. But I am not a digital nomad.

Any tips for navigating the area... like, where’s the *good* coffee? And the *good* bars?

Okay, listen up, because this is important. Coffee in Seattle? You’re golden. Right near the MarQueen, you have options galore. Local spots like... let's see... I *think* there was a place called...oh, it was down the street from the hotel. Forget the name. But you go there. It's close! You have plenty of choices. Google it, I guess. I'm not your personal tour guide.
**For the bars:** The area around the MarQueen is actually pretty lively at night too. Like I said, Google is your friend. I’m more of a wine-in-the-room kind of person. But you should definitely check out some of the local restaurants! There's plenty to eat and drink!

Seriously...is the MarQueen *worth* the price tag? Because luxury can be a slippery slope to broke-ville real fast.

Alright, the money question. Is the MarQueen worth it? Okay, here's my honest opinion (and I am opinionated, deal with it): Yes. MOSTLY.
**Emotional Rambles:** It’s not budget travel. Obviously. But when you factor in the atmosphere, the service, the (mostly) great location, and the overall experience… it’s a splurge that *feels* like a treat. It’s the kind of place you go when you want a special getaway. Or, you know, to escape the utter chaos of… *life*.
**Stream-of-Consciousness Double Down:** It is, I admit, not cheap. It's not a backpacker hostel, that's for sure. But when you're sitting there with your perfectly poached egg, and the sun is streaming in through those stained-glass windows, and you're wrapped in a fluffy robe, and, you know, everything is a little… glamorous… you might find yourself thinking, "Okay. This is worth it." And then, suddenly, you get a pang of regret. Maybe you shouldn't have spent so much on the fancy coffee. But what's done is done.

Anything *really* bad I should be aware of? Like, dealbreakers?

Look, nothing's perfect, and the MarQueen has its quirks. The occasional elevator hiccup. The slightly variable WiFi in some rooms. It's not a sterile, corporate hotel experience, which for me, is a *good* thing!
**The one thing that REALLY annoyed me…** Okay, this is nitpicky, but I hated the tiny soap! Like, *seriously* tiny. I had to use the hair conditioner as hand soap becauseBackpacker Hotel Find

MarQueen Hotel Seattle (WA) United States

MarQueen Hotel Seattle (WA) United States

MarQueen Hotel Seattle (WA) United States

MarQueen Hotel Seattle (WA) United States

Post a Comment for "Seattle's Hidden Gem: MarQueen Hotel - Unforgettable Luxury Awaits!"