Escape to Lake Champlain: Your Await at Super 8 Ticonderoga!

Super 8 By Wyndham Ticonderoga Ticonderoga (NY) United States

Super 8 By Wyndham Ticonderoga Ticonderoga (NY) United States

Escape to Lake Champlain: Your Await at Super 8 Ticonderoga!

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving deep into the Super 8 Ticonderoga, or as I'm calling it, "Escape to Lake Champlain: Your Await!" (marketing team, take note!). This ain't your average hotel review; this is a therapy session fueled by complimentary continental breakfast. And honestly? After my stay, I needed it.

SEO & Metadata First (Ugh, I know):

  • Title: Escape to Lake Champlain: A Super 8 Ticonderoga Review - Clean, Convenient, & Quirky!
  • Keywords: Super 8 Ticonderoga, Lake Champlain, Ticonderoga hotels, Lake Champlain lodging, accessible hotel, free Wi-Fi, swimming pool, breakfast, clean hotel, family-friendly, New York hotels, Adirondacks, Ticonderoga attractions.
  • Description: Honest review of Super 8 Ticonderoga, highlighting accessibility, cleanliness, amenities like free Wi-Fi & pool, and a dive into the good, the bad, and the slightly bizarre. Is this your perfect lake getaway? Read on!
  • Meta Tags: Hotels, Travel, Ticonderoga, Lake Champlain, Review, Accessibility, Cleanliness, Amenities.

Let's Get Real: The Arrival & the Vibes

Okay, so first impressions? Ticonderoga itself is…charming. Think postcard-perfect New York, with a dash of "time warp" charm. The Super 8? Well, it fits that description. The exterior corridor, a classic, gave me flashbacks to childhood road trips. The parking was free, a huge win already, considering my budget is tighter than a banjo string.

Check-in was…efficient. "Contactless" is the buzzword, right? Fine by me. Faster I get into my room, the better. And the front desk guy? He was there, 24/7 as the listing promises, a reassuring presence. I’m always slightly weirded out by the sheer availability of the staff! They never seem to sleep, but they're always helpful.

Accessibility: A Mixed Bag, Honestly

Now, here's the thing. My personal needs aren’t particularly concerned with mobility stuff. However, I'm always thinking about them. The website mentioned accessibility… so I looked a little harder. There's a decent elevator (yessss!), which is HUGE. The rooms I glimpsed on my floor seemed to have decent space. I believe on the first floor? I'd give it a cautious thumbs-up based on what I saw, but definitely call ahead and ask for specifics if accessibility is a MUST-HAVE. Important note: I'm not an expert in accessibility; check to be SURE.

Room Rundown: My Fortress of…Budget Comfort?

My room. Oh, my room. The "Available in all rooms" list? Yeah, it delivers. Air conditioning (essential in a New York summer), alarm clock (never used, but good to know), bathrobes (nope, they're not here), blackout curtains (bless!), and a coffee/tea maker (crucial after that drive). The bed? Surprisingly comfy. The extra-long bed was a lifesaver for my lanky legs.

The bathroom was a little…basic. But spotless. And the water pressure? Surprisingly good! Okay, really good! I was expecting the usual hotel-grade shower dribble, but this was a full-on cascade. My hair was gleaming, and I felt like I could conquer the world (or at least, breakfast).

Amenities: From Swimming Pool to…the Sauna Myth

The main draw, for me, was the outdoor swimming pool. After a day of driving and battling the heat, diving in was like entering a different dimension. Pure Bliss!

I wanted to try the sauna, but I couldn’t find it. I looked everywhere. I’m not sure it existed! I am beginning to suspect that ‘Sauna’ is just something someone added to the list – I asked the staff but they were clueless. Sad face. But hey, the pool made up for it, mostly.

The hotel also has a Fitness Center if you’re into that thing.

Cleanliness and Safety: The COVID Era Checklist

This is where Super 8 shined. I noticed the "Anti-viral cleaning products" in use everywhere, and the staff definitely took social distancing serious. Honestly, I felt safe.

Food, Glorious Food (A.K.A. the Continental Breakfast Debacle)

Breakfast. The promised breakfast. They offered something, for sure. But it was…a process.

  • The Good: Individually-wrapped muffins (always a win!), a coffee machine that actually brewed drinkable coffee (double win!), and juice (always a must!).

  • The Bad: The "hot" options? A little… suspect. I had a waffle that was, let's say, structurally unsound. The "Asian breakfast" was definitely not there – they have no Asian-themed anything.

    • The Quirky: Watching people navigate the breakfast buffet was a real-life comedy show. The silent struggles, the furtive glances, the "is that yogurt actually yogurt?” questions… gold.

Services and Conveniences: The Essentials Covered

The hotel has a nice elevator, a "Cash withdrawal" machine (which is always handy), complimentary Wi-Fi that actually works (thank the internet gods!), daily housekeeping (clean room every day!), and the "Convenience store". I didn't try the "Doctor/nurse on call".

Things to Do…Or Not To Do?

Ticonderoga is all about the lake. The hotel is a gateway, a place to rest your weary head before launching into the region's history, nature, and quaint vibes. There’s the Fort Ticonderoga (worth a visit!), hiking trails, and boat tours.

The Verdict: A Solid Choice with…Quirks

Overall? For the price, Super 8 Ticonderoga is a good choice. Clean, convenient, well-located, and safe. The breakfast is… memorable, in a slightly chaotic way. Is it perfect? Nope. Is it a cozy, budget-friendly basecamp for exploring Lake Champlain? Absolutely. Would I stay again? Probably. But next time, I'm packing my own waffle iron.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Waco Getaway: TownePlace Suites South Waco - Your Perfect Texas Escape!

Book Now

Super 8 By Wyndham Ticonderoga Ticonderoga (NY) United States

Super 8 By Wyndham Ticonderoga Ticonderoga (NY) United States

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's perfectly-manicured travel itinerary. This is… my Super 8 Ticonderoga escapade, circa… well, let's just say it's recent enough that I still taste the slightly off-gassed coffee from that continental breakfast. (More on that later.)

The Ticonderoga Tango (or, "Why Did I Think This Was a Good Idea?")

Day 1: Arrival and Existential Dread (aka "The Room That Smelled Like Mild Disappointment")

  • 1:00 PM: Arrive at Super 8 Ticonderoga. Driving in, I swear I saw a deer wink at me. Maybe it was the exhaustion talking. This place… it's… rustic. That's the polite word, right? The sign out front looks like it's been through a zombie apocalypse, but hey, it's a roof over my head, or so I thought. (Spoiler: It is, technically.)
  • 1:15 PM: Check-in. The front desk guy is… well, he's there. Let's leave it at that. He hands me a key card that looks like it’s been through the wash (a little too much, I’d say).
  • 1:30 PM: Enter Room 217 (the number etched deep into my memory, forever associated with cheap carpet and the faint aroma of something that probably died weeks ago). Okay, I need to be honest: the initial reaction was a mix of "Oh, dear" and a slightly manic giggle. The air conditioning is fighting a valiant, but losing, battle. The wallpaper is… well, let's just say it doesn't match the bedspread. Maybe the designers were going for "ecletic"? (Again, rustic.)
  • 1:45 PM: The Real Test: Check for bed bugs. I'm basically a pro at this by now, having stayed in hostels that looked cleaner after a rave. Thankfully, clear. But the pillows… Dear God, the pillows! They're flatter than my hopes and dreams. I swear, I thought I saw a little dust bunny wink at me. I am, surprisingly, in a good mood to start my time in the olden days.
  • 2:00 PM: The first order of business: figure out what exactly I'm doing in Ticonderoga. I mean, aside from staying in this room. My brain is still frazzled from the drive, and all I feel is an overwhelming urge to get out of this room.
  • 2:15 PM: Stumble out of the Super 8. After this, I needed some sunlight.

Day 2: History, Hysteria, and the Breakfast That Broke My Heart (and My Digestion)

  • 8:00 AM: Oh, the breakfast. The continental breakfast. This is where the love affair with this humble motel began to sour. Let me paint you a picture: pre-bagged waffles that taste suspiciously like cardboard, coffee that could strip paint within five feet, and a collection of sugary cereals that would make a dentist weep. The yogurt, bless its heart, seemed to have seen better days. I opted for a banana, and a prayer.
  • 8:30 AM: The Fort Ticonderoga, or “Why Am I So Tired?” After a quick glance at my surroundings, I headed out to the fort! This place is amazing. I mean, it’s history, brought to life. The reenactors were great, the history was cool. I could be here all day.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch at a roadside diner. Needed to get out of there and decompress.
  • 1:00 PM: Back at the Super 8, the urge to nap hit. I ended up sleeping for three hours! I woke up feeling even more confused.
  • 4:00 PM: Some more sightseeing! This time, I ventured out to the lake. It was pretty.
  • 5:00 PM: Dinner. I decided to treat myself to some local flavor and went to the local pizza place. It was delicious.
  • 6:30 PM: My room gave me the feeling of needing to watch TV, however, I had some work to do. I needed to at least attempt to get some work done. After a few hours, I do my best to call it a night, but not for long.
  • 10:00 PM: Back and forth, I ended up struggling to sleep. My mind was racing, I kept thinking about the smell of the room, and I found myself unable to sleep!

Day 3: Departure and The Echo of Mild Disappointment

  • 7:00 AM: One last go at the continental breakfast. I'm a glutton for punishment, I guess. Miraculously, I've managed to survive the blandness.
  • 7:30 AM: Check out. I'm met with zero emotion. (I think the front desk guy might actually be a robot. This is an observation.)
  • 7:45 AM: Get in my car.
  • 8:00 AM: Start my drive home.

Observations, or, The Things I Learned

  • The Super 8: Is an experience. Not always a good experience, but definitely an experience. It's a reminder that sometimes, the journey is far less glamorous than the brochure would have you believe.
  • Ticonderoga itself: Is a pretty neat place. The fort is definitely worth a visit, and the surrounding area is scenic.
  • Myself: I'm easily amused, easily disappointed, and apparently, I'm also a masochist who enjoys subpar coffee. (Maybe I’ll get new pillows!)

Final Thoughts:

Would I go back to the Super 8 in Ticonderoga? Probably not. But would I forget it? Never. It's a story. A slightly smelly, slightly disappointing, slightly hilarious story. And hey, that's life, right? All in all, I was able to say I've been to the olden days, it was pretty cool!

Escape to Sunshine: Your Dream Sebring Getaway at La Quinta Inn & Suites!

Book Now

Super 8 By Wyndham Ticonderoga Ticonderoga (NY) United States

Super 8 By Wyndham Ticonderoga Ticonderoga (NY) United States```html

Escape to Lake Champlain: Your Await at Super 8 Ticonderoga! ... (Or, You Know, Maybe) - FAQs

Okay, so "Escape to Lake Champlain." Is it *really* an escape from... you know... *life*?

Look, let's be honest. "Escape" is doing a *lot* of heavy lifting here. It’s not like you're magically teleported to a tropical island. More like you *drive* to a Super 8. But, YES! Absolutely! For a weekend, it *can* be. Especially if you’re coming from, like, a tiny apartment with questionable ventilation (been there, done that, still have the lingering smells). It's an escape from *your* mundane routine. Driving up, windows down, that first whiff of lake air... pure gold. I remember one trip with my best friend, Sarah. Her car, an actual jalopy, broke down *right* outside the Super 8. Stressful? Yes. But we're still laughing about it *years* later. It *became* part of the escape! So, escape? Potentially. Hilarious adventure waiting to happen? Definitely.

Is the Super 8… you know… *clean*? Because let's be real, that matters.

Alright, alright. The cleaning. The elephant in the… well, the motel room. Look, it *was* a Super 8. Not a Ritz-Carlton. Sometimes, you get lucky. Sometimes… less so. I've had rooms pristine enough to eat off the floor (though I wouldn't, obviously). Other times… let’s just say I was glad I brought my own Lysol wipes. I remember one time, a rogue ant marched across my pillow. *One* ant. I might be exaggerating, but it felt like an infestation at 3 AM. My advice? Inspect the sheets. Bring your own pillowcase if you're super picky (like, I am). And mentally prepare yourself for… *character*. It's part of the experience, right? (Tell me it's part of the experience, please!) Honestly, I'd give it a solid "mostly clean," with a generous dose of "adventure."

What's the deal with the breakfast? Is the waffle maker worth battling for?

The breakfast. Ah, the breakfast. This is where things get… interesting. The continental breakfast at Super 8s is a whole *thing*. I’ve seen some pretty epic battles for the waffle maker. The key? Get there early! Unless you *enjoy* standing around awkwardly while some kid takes fifteen minutes to master the perfect Mickey Mouse-shaped waffle. (They *always* want the Mickey Mouse waffle, don't they?) The coffee? Let's call it… caffeinated water. The fruit? Well, it's *there*. The absolute BEST thing, in my *very* humble opinion, is the little packets of pre-made oatmeal. Embrace the beige. Embrace the mediocre. Embrace the fact that you're not doing dishes. And for the love of all that is holy, grab a handful of those little yogurt containers. You'll thank me later, trust me. (Sneak them out for a snack if you dare!).

Lake Champlain! What's there to *do*?

Okay, the LAKE! Now we're talking. Lake Champlain is the *reason* you’re going. Unless, you’re *really* into Super 8s—no judgement if you are. Okay, activities. Boating! Fishing! Swimming (if you're brave – it can be chilly!). Hiking some gorgeous trails around the lake! There are charming little towns to explore – Ticonderoga itself is the perfect start! I remember this one time, and it was freezing—like, borderline hypothermia levels of cold, and a friend and I tried paddleboarding. We lasted about 5 minutes before we were crawling back to shore, shivering and laughing so hard our ribs hurt. Stupid? Absolutely. Memorable? You betcha. The Fort Ticonderoga historical site is a must-see. And, don't forget to just… *be* on the lake. Watch the sunset. Listen to the water lapping against the shore. It's seriously restorative stuff. Plus, you might even see Champy, the Lake Champlain monster! (Probably not. But, you never know!)

What about the location of the Super 8? Is it *actually* convenient?

Convenience? It's a Super 8! I mean, you're not staying in a boutique hotel in the middle of the city. It's convenient in a "you can get there, park, and crash without too much fuss" kind of way. It’s usually pretty close to the main roads, so you can get in and out easily. It’s also close to… well, *stuff*. Like, restaurants. There are some decent diners in the area. You know, the kind with vinyl booths and endless coffee refills. And that’s the real convenience… after a day on the lake (and maybe after some of the worst coffee you've ever had) you can crash on the couch, eat some terrible food, and just relax. It's about the access, not the luxury.

How do I handle the potential for… *noise*? (Kids? Loud conversations at 2 AM?)

Ah, the age-old question of Super 8 acoustics. The noise. It's… a roll of the dice. You might get lucky and have a quiet stay. You might, on the other hand, get treated to a symphony of door slams, crying babies, and late-night conversations about… well, who knows. The walls are not exactly soundproof. My advice? Earplugs. Bring a pair. Actually, bring *two* pairs. And a white noise app on your phone. And maybe some chocolate and a good book, to help you relax while you are losing your mind. If you hear a kid stomp around above you, remember your own childhood, and just… breathe. It's part of the charm, right? (Please say it is!) I once spent a night with a family in the room next door, and I swear I could hear *every* sneeze and every whispered word. I even started to anticipate their bathroom breaks! (Okay, I may be exaggerating, but you get my drift.) Take deep breaths. Have a Plan B (i.e., go do something, get some food and drink, then come back when you can). Or, at the very least, embrace the chaos. Because let's face it? That’s half the fun.

So, is it worth it? Really?

Worth it? That depends on what you're looking for. If you're expecting pristine luxury and a spa-like experience, then, probably not. If you're looking for an affordable escape, a chance to see some beautiful scenery, and a memorable adventure… thenLuxury Stay Blog

Super 8 By Wyndham Ticonderoga Ticonderoga (NY) United States

Super 8 By Wyndham Ticonderoga Ticonderoga (NY) United States

Super 8 By Wyndham Ticonderoga Ticonderoga (NY) United States

Super 8 By Wyndham Ticonderoga Ticonderoga (NY) United States

Post a Comment for "Escape to Lake Champlain: Your Await at Super 8 Ticonderoga!"