Escape to Paradise: Unveiling Esthisis Suites, Chania's Hidden Gem

Esthisis suites Chania Crete Island Greece

Esthisis suites Chania Crete Island Greece

Escape to Paradise: Unveiling Esthisis Suites, Chania's Hidden Gem

Escape to Paradise… or Just A Really Nice Suite? A Raw & Rambling Review of Esthisis Suites, Chania

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to unload on you my whirlwind experience at Esthisis Suites in Chania. Forget the polished travel brochures; this is the unvarnished truth, with all the delicious messiness that comes with it. (And trust me, there was plenty of mess.)

First, the basics. Escape to Paradise: Unveiling Esthisis Suites, Chania's Hidden Gem. Yep, that's the blurb, and honestly? It's… ambitious. "Paradise" is a BIG claim. But "Really, Really Nice Suites in Chania"? Now, we're getting somewhere.

Accessibility? Uh, Let's Talk About the Staircase:

I'm not going to fake it. I didn't meticulously inspect every crevice for wheelchair accessibility. But from what I did see, this isn't a place you'd want to navigate if you have mobility issues. Elevators? Not a prominent feature. Facilities for disabled guests are listed, but I didn't see a lot of evidence of specialized rooms. So, a heads-up: Accessibility is probably a work in progress.

The Suites Themselves: Oh, The Suites!

Alright, let’s dive deep into the Available in all rooms list. Because this is where Esthisis shines.

  • Rooms: My room – let's call her Penelope – was a stunner. Not just okay, not just “good for Greece,” but seriously, wow. Spacious. Air conditioning that actually worked (a crucial detail in the Chania summer heat). Blackout curtains (bless!). My cat-like sleeping schedule was completely supported. The extra long bed was a dream, and the linens felt like a cloud had decided to give me a snuggle.
  • The Amenities: Complimentary tea, a coffee/tea maker… the essentials. Free bottled water (a lifesaver with the Mediterranean sun roasting you). And the mini bar was stocked, but honestly, I mostly just stared at it in awe. (Fun fact: I'm a terrible bartender. My attempts at a cocktail usually end with a crime scene.)
  • The Bathroom: Separate shower/bathtub. The bathrobes were plush. The slippers were fluffy. (I may have spent a significant amount of time just wandering around my suite in a bathrobe and slippers, feeling gloriously decadent.) The only minor annoyance? The bathroom phone. Who even uses a bathroom phone these days?
  • The Extras: Slippers, mirror, hair dryer, toiletries, towels, safe box, wake-up service (which I definitely needed). The socket near the bed was a huge win.

Because I have to mention the imperfections/annoyances:

  • Noise: "Soundproof rooms," they said. Well, Penelope could sometimes hear the exterior corridor. It wasn't bad, but if you are a super light sleeper, consider earplugs is probably best.
  • The Window: It opened. Yes, it opened. But it was a little difficult to reach high up.
  • The Alarm Clock: My phone did the job fine.

Eating, Drinking, and… Well, Eating Again!

The dining situation was… interesting.

  • Breakfast: The Breakfast [buffet] had a decent spread. It was pretty standard, but the Western breakfast options were more to my liking. Asian Breakfast and other cuisines were available too, but I wanted to try the greek tastes like the Breakfast [takeaway service] gave me.
  • Restaurants: So, the restaurants available were… adequate. The a la carte in restaurant seemed good. I would have liked to have tried the Vegetarian restaurant, because I would like to eat more vegetables, but this was not how I felt. The Poolside bar was definitely a winner.
  • Room Service: Room service [24-hour]? Score! After a long day of exploring, getting a pizza delivered to my suite was pure bliss. (I may have eaten it in my bathrobe. Don't judge.)
  • Drinks: The Bar, Happy hour, and Bottle of water were great.

The Spa and Relaxation: Or How I Almost Died of Relaxation

Okay, THIS is where Esthisis really tries to sell you on the "Paradise" vibe.

  • Pool with a View: Gorgeous. I mean, seriously, stunning. The swimming pool [outdoor] was glorious.
  • The Spa: The Spa was divine. The Sauna and Steamroom were pure indulgence.
  • The Massage: And then came the Massage. I opted for the "Deep Tissue, Erase All Your Problems" package. Let me tell you, this was… intense. The masseuse was a master, obliterating knots I didn't even know I had. I emerged feeling like a wet noodle, but in the best way possible. Body scrub and body wrap were also an option. Foot bath was a nice extra.
  • Fitness Center: Honestly? I looked at the Gym/fitness center once. Then I went back to the pool.
  • Spa/sauna: I enjoyed the spa/sauna experience, it was just a wonderful experience.

Cleanliness and Safety: Pandemic Edition!

Look, I have… anxieties about germs. So, I was thrilled to see how seriously Esthisis took Cleanliness and safety during the pandemic.

  • Safety First: Hand sanitizer everywhere. Daily disinfection in common areas. Staff trained in safety protocol. They were all over it.
  • Food Safety: Individually-wrapped food options. Safe dining setup. Sanitized kitchen and tableware items. I felt genuinely safe.
  • Room Cleanliness: Rooms sanitized between stays. Anti-viral cleaning products. Room sanitization opt-out available.
  • Extras: They provided Hand sanitizer. The staff followed physical distancing of at least 1 meter.

The "Stuff" We Don't Always Think About:

  • Internet: Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! A lifesaver for a digital nomad like me. Internet [LAN] access was also available, but I didn't even bother. And Wi-Fi in public areas was good too.
  • Services and Conveniences: Daily housekeeping. Concierge. A Convenience store to grab forgotten essentials. The laundry service was a godsend after I spilled red wine on my favorite dress (it was a "memorable" evening). Luggage storage. Cash withdrawal. I love it!
  • Check-in/out [express], [private], Contactless check-in/out: Easy peasy.
  • For the Kids: While I didn't have kids, there was a Babysitting service and Kids meal, which is awesome for families. Family/child friendly is a huge plus.
  • Parking: Car park [free of charge]. Car park [on-site].

Getting Around: Let's Talk About That Airport Transfer

  • Airport transfer: Crucial. Don't try to navigate Chania's winding streets with luggage after a long flight. Taxi service is also available.

The Verdict: Is It Paradise?

Look, let's be real. Esthisis Suites isn't a perfect paradise. But it's darn close. It’s a gorgeous hotel with fantastic suites, top-notch amenities, and a staff that genuinely cares about making your stay enjoyable. The spa is heavenly, the location is great, and the overall experience is, well, pretty damn close to paradise. If you're looking for a luxurious, relaxing getaway in Chania, I wholeheartedly recommend it. Just maybe bring your own step-stool if you're short and want to reach the window. And don't forget your bathrobe. You'll be needing it. (Trust me.)

Unbelievable Deals: Your Dream La Crosse Getaway Awaits at Super 8!

Book Now

Esthisis suites Chania Crete Island Greece

Esthisis suites Chania Crete Island Greece

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your perfectly-curated Instagram travel diary. This is the real, messy, sun-kissed truth about my week at Esthisis Suites in Chania, Crete. Prepare for tangents, sighs, and the occasional existential crisis fueled by too much raki.

Welcome to the Island of My Sins (and Stunning Views): Esthisis Suites, Chania – The Unofficial Itinerary

Day 1: Arrival & Immediate Glorious Overload (aka "Where Even Is My Luggage?")

  • Morning: Landed in Chania. Or, rather, I attempted to land. Let's just say the pilot, bless his cotton socks, got a bit…creative with the landing. My stomach did a rollercoaster routine I wasn't prepared for. But the second I stepped out, BANG. The smell. The salty air, the lemons, a hint of something floral I couldn't quite place. It was instant heaven.
    • Imperfection Alert #1: My luggage, naturally, was somewhere in another dimension. "Will be delivered tomorrow, Madame," the airport guy says with a shrug, as if this is a daily occurrence (and probably is). Fine. Time to embrace the "naked tourist" look. Luckily, the shops in Chania are charming, I'll be fine!
  • Afternoon: Arrived at Esthisis Suites. HOLY. MOLY. The pictures online? Lies. Glorious, airbrushed lies. My suite? A dream. Seriously, the view of the Venetian Harbour? It's enough to make me weep. (Okay, I might have teared up a little. Jetlag. Blame the jetlag).
  • Evening: Wandering around the Old Town, completely lost in the maze of narrow streets. The sheer romance of it all! Tiny tavernas overflowing with laughter, the clinking of glasses, the scent of grilling octopus…it was sensory overload in the best possible way.
    • Quirky observation: Found a cat sleeping on a sun-drenched wall. It looked smug. And right then, I understood everything.
    • Dinner Disaster (sort of): Chose a restaurant based on the adorable bougainvillea cascading down the walls. Ordered the "fresh fish of the day." It arrived…covered in bones. Lots of bones. I spent 20 minutes picking at my meal, feeling slightly defeated. But the sunset? Unforgettable. Worth it.
    • Emotional Reaction: So, so happy. Exhausted. Slightly overwhelmed. But utterly, completely happy.

Day 2: Rethymno Detour & The Great Olive Oil Debacle

  • Morning: Decided to be adventurous and take a day trip to Rethymno. The drive was stunning, the roads were winding (and I'm pretty sure I saw a goat glare at me), and the scenery? Honestly, it deserved a standing ovation.
    • Messy Structure Note: Okay, so the drive was supposed to be "relaxed." It wasn't. I got lost. Twice. And I'm pretty sure I drove on the wrong side of the road for a good five minutes. Pure panic.
  • Afternoon: Rethymno. The Fortezza fortress was impressive, but the real star was the Venetian harbour. Similar to Chania, but with a sassier vibe. The narrow streets, the shops, the colours - even more photo opportunities!
  • The Olive Oil Situation: This is a big one. Because you can't go to Crete and not go olive oil tasting. So, I went to this charming little shop in the middle of nowhere. And I spent ages sampling olive oils. The owner was a sweetheart; he told me all about his family, his olives, and the secret to making the perfect salad. (It involved sunshine and a good heart, apparently). I bought a bottle, felt incredibly virtuous, and immediately spilled half of it on my new white shirt. Damn. The olive oil looked divine, even on the ground.
    • Opinionated Language: The best olive oil ever! It's green gold, I tell you! And it tastes like sunshine and happiness and the ancient Greeks knew what were doing! I bought a second bottle.
  • Evening: Back in Chania, nursing my olive-oil-stained shirt and a mild sunburn. Dinner at a restaurant by the harbour, and… it was perfect. The food, the wine, the company (myself, mostly), the view. So perfect.
    • Emotional Reaction: A rollercoaster. One minute, pure bliss, the next, mild frustration (that darn shirt!). But the overall feeling is one of profound contentment.

Day 3: Beach Bliss & Sunset Serenade

  • Morning: Finally got my luggage! Victory dance! Armed with clean clothes, I headed straight to Elafonisi beach. The pink sand, the turquoise water… it was like a postcard.
    • Imperfection Alert #2: Got eaten alive by mosquitoes. Learned the hard way to pack repellent.
  • Afternoon: Hours of swimming, reading, and doing absolutely nothing. Glorious, unproductive bliss.
    • Quirky Observation: Watched a very determined seagull attempt to steal a sandwich. It failed. Repeatedly.
  • Evening: Back to Chania, ready for a sunset cruise. As the sun dipped below the horizon, painting the sky in fiery hues of pink, orange, and purple, a local musician serenaded us with Greek songs. Tears. Again. This time, it was pure, unadulterated joy.
    • Doubling Down on an Experience: The music, oh my god, the music! The rebetiko, the bouzouki, the longing in his voice… it was pure magic. I felt the emotions of a millennia of history seep into my soul.
    • Messier Structure Note: I ordered dessert. I think I could have walked into the sea and have the stars kiss my toes. Okay, I should not be drinking wine, but the world is a beautiful place!
    • Emotional Reaction: Overwhelmed is an understatement. I felt connected to something bigger than myself. The world is good.

Day 4: Agora Market & Culinary Chaos

  • Morning: Chania Market (Agora). Another sensory explosion! Spices, cheeses, local produce… it was a food lover's paradise. Also, bought some leather sandals that were probably fake, but who cares? They're stylish.
  • Afternoon: Took a cooking class. Made spanakopita (spinach pie), moussaka, and something involving grilled octopus. I’m not the best cook, and it showed.
    • The Culinary Chaos: My attempt to grill octopus was a complete disaster. Somehow, I ended up with a kitchen full of smoke and an octopus that resembled something out of a horror movie. But, hey, at least I tried!
    • Opinionated Language: The spanakopita was amazing. The moussaka was even better. And the octopus? Well, let's just say I'll stick to ordering it in restaurants.
  • Evening: Dinner at a tiny restaurant in the backstreets of Chania. Simple food, perfect wine, and the best company (still me).
    • Emotional Reaction: Tired, sated, and utterly content.

Day 5: Samaria Gorge Hiking – The Big Adventure

  • Morning: Woke up at 5 AM (ugh) and went on a trek through Samaria Gorge. It was an unbelievable experience. 16 km. Gorgeous.
    • Imperfection Alert #3: My legs. My poor, protesting legs.
  • Afternoon: Took a ferry to another town, and back to Chania. Relaxed in the room. Tired and full of sun.
    • Emotional Reaction: Proud! Accomplished. I conquered the gorge! (And, let's be honest, I napped for a solid three hours afterwards).

Day 6: Relaxation, Shopping, & That Damn Harbour Again

  • Morning: Slept until I wanted. Visited some shops full of arts and crafts, and bought some lovely items.
  • Afternoon: Relaxed in the suite, enjoyed the pool.
  • Evening: Dinner on the harbour again. Because, well, have you seen that view? Ate octopus. It’s delicious.

Day 7: Farewell, Crete (Sniffle)

  • Morning: Packing. Crying a little. Wishing I could stay forever.
  • Afternoon: Last stroll through the Old Town. Last delicious meal. Last glance at the harbour. Saying goodbye is hard.
  • Evening: Departure. Already planning my return.

Final Thoughts: Crete, you magnificent beast. You've stolen my heart, my sleep, and possibly my sanity. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

  • Emotional Reaction: Sad to leave. Already dreaming of the return. The beauty. The food. The cats. The wine. The sun. I'll never be the same.
Escape to Texas: Unbeatable Deals at Super 8 by Wyndham Irving DFW Airport!

Book Now

Esthisis suites Chania Crete Island Greece

Esthisis suites Chania Crete Island Greece```html

Is "Escape to Paradise: Unveiling Esthisis Suites" *really* paradise? Or just Instagram hype?

Okay, let's be real. Paradise is different for everyone, right? For me, paradise usually involves a bottomless mimosa, a beach that doesn't resemble a mosh pit, and a complete lack of screaming toddlers. (I'm working on the toddler part, frankly.) Esthisis Suites... well, let's say it's *close*. The pictures? Yeah, pretty much dead-on. The views from the balconies? Jaw-dropping. I actually choked on my morning coffee the first time I saw it. Seriously. Coffee. Ruined. And I *love* coffee. Here's the thing they *don't* show you in the photos (and this is important, people!): the walk up to the suite from the parking area. It’s not Everest, but it's a *climb*. My calves were screaming by the third day. But then you get to the top and you're just... *there*. So, not *perfect* paradise. Paradise with a workout. But a *gorgeous* workout.

What's the vibe at Esthisis Suites? Is it all couples gazing lovingly at each other? Or can a solo traveler thrive?

Okay, this is where Esthisis truly shines, in my humble, slightly caffeine-deprived opinion! I was a solo traveler (desperately needing to escape my own life, let’s be honest). And I was worried. Would I feel like a third wheel to endless honeymooners? Nope. Definitely not. There were couples, yes, but there were also groups of friends, families, and other lone wolves like me. The vibe? Relaxed. Chill. Sophisticated, but not stuffy. One evening, I was having a glass of wine on my balcony (because why wouldn't you?) and I saw a couple *seriously* making out on one of the balconies. And I thought, "Good for them!" Because they were so *not* bothering me. They were just... enjoying themselves. And that's the overall feeling. Everyone's just *doing their thing*. Which suited me perfectly. I even got a little chatty with the lovely woman who ran the breakfast service. She helped me decipher an obscure Greek pastry I was trying to order. It was delicious. And I felt…connected. Something I *really* needed.

The pools! Are they as dreamy as they look in the photos? And are they freezing? Because let's be honest, cold pools are a tragedy.

Alright, the pools. Let's talk pools. The *primary* pool (the one everyone's Instagramming) is, indeed, dreamy. Absolutely. Stunning. The infinity edge? Chef's kiss. The water? Well... okay, here's my brutally honest assessment: at first a bit chilly. But *manageable*. And within, say, ten minutes of being in it? Pure bliss. Like, liquid silk caressing your bones. Here's a story, which truly captures the pool experience: I'm not a morning person, I confess. But one morning, I dragged myself out of bed at the ungodly hour of 7 AM. (For me, that's basically prehistoric twilight.) I figured I'd have the pool all to myself. I was wrong. There was this *tiny* little girl, maybe five, already splashing around with her dad. She *loved* the pool. She was doing cannonballs, giggling hysterically. I spent a good hour watching her and wishing I had that much unadulterated joy. Then, *finally*, I worked up the courage to get in. And yeah, cold at first. But then... total bliss. And sharing that pool with this little girl? It was a moment. This pool is more than just aesthetically pleasing. It holds memories. The *other* pools? Also lovely. But the main one? It's where the magic happens. Definitely bring a towel and maybe a little bit of bravery.

Food, glorious food! What's the breakfast like? Because a bad breakfast can ruin an entire day. (and I'm very serious about breakfast.)

Okay, breakfast... listen, I'm *very* picky about breakfast. I need options. I need good coffee. I need something that's not just sad, pre-packaged pastries. Esthisis's breakfast? Seriously solid. Not Michelin-star level, mind you, but a *very* respectable start to the day. They have the usual suspects: fresh fruit, yogurt, honey (lots of honey!), eggs cooked to order, local cheeses, bread, and (thank the gods) *good* coffee. And the aforementioned pastry that I couldn't identify? Delicious! I’m thinking about my *worst* breakfast experience. This was on their first day when there was a misunderstanding with the chef and I received eggs that were, to put it kindly, a little undercooked. I mentioned this to the lovely woman running the breakfast service. She was mortified, and immediately whisked up a fresh plate of perfectly cooked eggs. And she, every morning, after, made sure I had a delicious breakfast. That level of service? That's what makes a good breakfast into a great start of a day. They truly care.

How's the location? Is it easy to get around Chania? Do I need a car?

The location is *fantastic* if you appreciate a bit of peace and quiet, and don't mind a short (but pretty) walk. It's a bit outside the immediate buzz of the Old Venetian Harbour (which is a good thing, in my book!). It's close enough to walk, or take a taxi, and far enough you avoid the constant crowds. Honestly? The walk is a *highlight*. You go down a gorgeous, winding coastal path (again, maybe not the best for those with mobility issues, so check). Absolutely rent a car to explore the region. Trust me. Public transport is available, but the best beaches, the hidden tavernas, the breathtaking hikes? You'll need wheels. I didn't rent a car at first. Stupid decision. I spent a day kicking myself. The next day, I quickly remedied the situation, and from then on, it was glorious freedom. Just be prepared for… Greek driving. Let's just say it's a *unique* experience. But worth it!

Are the suites actually *nice*? Like, well-appointed and comfortable? Or are they all style over substance?

Oh, the suites. They're the *reason* you go to Esthisis. They're gorgeous. Yes. Stylish. Absolutely. But thankfully, NOT all style over substance. They are *really* comfortable. The beds are plush and dreamy. The bathrooms are modern and well-designed. The balconies? Spacious, with those killer views. Even the little details – the toiletries, the coffee machine, the robes – felt luxurious. I had a small issue. My air conditioner wasn't working perfectly. I reported it to reception, and they had someone there immediately to fix it. It didn't ruin my stay. It actually highlighted how attentive the staff is. That level of service? Amazing.

Overall, would you recommendBest Stay Blogspot

Esthisis suites Chania Crete Island Greece

Esthisis suites Chania Crete Island Greece

Esthisis suites Chania Crete Island Greece

Esthisis suites Chania Crete Island Greece

Post a Comment for "Escape to Paradise: Unveiling Esthisis Suites, Chania's Hidden Gem"