
Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Ragousis Apartment Awaits on Paros!
Escape to Paradise: Ragousis Apartments - My Dream Almost Came True on Paros (and That's Okay!) – A Messy Review
Okay, buckle up, because I'm about to spill some serious (and slightly chaotic) tea about the Ragousis Apartments on Paros. The brochures promise paradise. And, honestly? They mostly deliver. But paradise, like a good souvlaki, always has a few imperfections that make it… well, real.
Let's start with the basics, the bones, the… accessibility. Listen, as someone who's navigated Greece with my own slightly questionable sense of direction and a love for overpacking, I was thrilled to see they actually list “Facilities for Disabled Guests.” That's HUGE. It doesn't guarantee perfection, mind you – think gentle slopes instead of sheer cliffs, you know? I didn't personally need the full shebang, but just knowing it's considered gives you a warm fuzzy feeling. There's also an elevator, which is a godsend after a day of climbing ancient ruins (and carrying your suitcase, of course).
Accessibility: Pretty darn good, from what I could see. Seriously, bonus points for even thinking about it.
Getting Around: Airport transfer? Check. Car park? Free of charge? Double check! Actually, it’s a massive check. Finding parking in Greece can be a contact sport, so the free, on-site option was a lifesaver. Taxi service is also a thing, although I spent most of my time attempting to navigate the island's roads like a local (with varying degrees of success, I might add).
The Vibe: Swank & Serenity (Mostly)
Alright, let's dive into the good stuff, shall we? The rooms. Seriously, they’re not just rooms, they're little havens. Throw open the windows and let the Paros breeze do its thing. My room had… everything. Air conditioning (a must in the Greek summer!), a super comfy bed, a mini-bar (that I totally raided, no shame!), a little seating area where I could practically live. The bathrobes were plush enough to sleep in (and I might have, a time or two). And the balcony? Oh, the balcony! Perfect for sipping coffee in the morning, or… you know, contemplating the meaning of life with a glass of local wine at sunset.
Available in All Rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone (fancy!), Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available (perfect for families!), Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
Rooms & Amenities: A Symphony of Comfort – Damn. That’s a long list, but it covers it all. Seriously, you won't lack for anything.
Internet Access: The Tech Tango
Okay, now for a minor… hiccup. The “Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!” is true. It is free. And… it’s… well, it’s Grecian Wi-Fi, meaning it’s functional but not always a speed demon. I occasionally found myself staring at loading screens, muttering under my breath about the joys of dial-up (only half-joking). The "Internet [LAN]" I didn't test but hey, they offer it - a throwback in this day and age!
Internet: Free Wi-Fi… with a side of patience.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Gastronomic Adventure
The food! Oh my, the food. Ragousis Apartments knows how to feed you. Let's start with breakfast. Forget instant coffee and sad pastries. This was a proper breakfast buffet. Think: fresh fruit bursting with flavour, creamy yogurts, crusty bread, local honey, and… bacon. Yes, I saw bacon. (Note: breakfast takeaway service is also available, god bless them.) They also had Asian cuisine and vegetarian options!
Dining, drinking, and snacking: A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant.
Spa & Relaxation: Ahhh, Bliss (Mostly)
Okay, this is where Ragousis REALLY shines. The pool! I'm talking a stunning, sparkling, pool with a view. Seriously, the kind of view that makes you want to weep tears of joy (or at least, close your eyes and silently thank the universe for your good fortune). There's a sauna, a spa, a steam room… the works! (I confess, I spent most of my time by the pool, soaking up the sun, so I didn't hit the gym. But the option is there!)
Ways to Relax: Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor].
The spa service, though? I really, really let my guard down and had a body wrap, and it was… divine. Look, I’m not usually one for this sort of pampering, but I let myself be talked into it. It was worth every single drachma! After that, I even tried the foot bath. I’m completely converted.
Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe & Sound
In these crazy times, safety is paramount. And Ragousis seems to take it seriously. I saw hand sanitizer everywhere, and the staff were clearly trained in safety protocol. There were even "Individually-wrapped food options," which is a comforting touch.
Cleanliness and safety: Anti-viral cleaning products, Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment.
The Little Things: The Devil (and the Delight) Are in the Details
Okay, let's talk about the truly random stuff. They offer… a "shrine." Now, I have no idea what this shrine is, but it speaks to the kind of quirky, individual charm that makes Greece, well, Greece. Things like a "Proposal spot" (ahem, single people, take note!), and "room decorations" (presumably, nothing too scary).
Services and conveniences: Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center.
For the kids: Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal, CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property,
Couple's Room:, Exterior corridor, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Hotel chain, Non-smoking rooms, Pets allowed unavailable.
The Imperfections (Because Nothing’s Perfect)
The Wi-Fi was the biggest hiccup. It wasn’t a dealbreaker, but it was annoying. Then there was that time I locked myself out of my room at 2 AM after a few too many cocktails. Fortunately, the staff were amazing, and dealt with my slightly mortified state with grace and efficiency. (Pro tip: don’t forget your key card!)
The Verdict:
Look, Ragousis Apartments aren't flawless. The Wi-Fi could maybe use an upgrade. But honestly? The pros far outweigh the cons. The location is incredible. The views – chef's kiss. The rooms are divine. And the staff? They're genuinely friendly, helpful, and just… lovely.
Would I go back? In a heartbeat. Despite a few minor hiccups (which, let's be honest, added to the charm!), Ragousis Apartments delivered
Escape to Paradise: Pangkor Sandy Beach Resort Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're not just planning a trip to Ragousis Apartments in Paros, Greece… we're living it. Forget rigid itineraries – this is a vibe. My vibe, possibly after one too many Ouzos. Let’s do this!
Trip: Paros! Escape from Reality (Mostly.) Ragousis Apartments, Here We Come!
Day 1: Arrival & Absolute Panic (But in a Good Way, Ish.)
- Morning (Maybe): Ugh, the airport. Always the airport. My bag, a venerable piece of luggage from the early nineties (it's been everywhere, you know), survived the flight. Minor miracle. The plane ride: slightly terrifying turbulence, some lady clipping her nails (seriously, people?), and a crying baby who honestly, was rightfully crying. I'd cry too if I was stuck in a metal tube.
- Afternoonish: Arrived in Paros! The ferry terminal… chaos, but a beautiful chaos! The sun hits you like a warm hug. Or a semi-truck. It’s intense.
- Arriving at Ragousis Apartments: Okay, the apartment building itself is charming, maybe a little bit more rustic than the brochure suggested. But hey, you come to the Greek islands for charm, right? And the view… OH. MY. GOD. The view. Picture perfect. Actually, better than picture perfect. I swear, I almost wept.
- Unpacking & Initial Freakout: Okay so the unpacking is… uh, less than organized. I tend to turn into a total tornado of clothes and travel-sized toiletries. Is there a bug? A large, unidentified bug? Panic sets in. Gotta find the bug spray. WHERE IS THE BUG SPRAY?!
- Evening: First Taverna! (And the Great Salad Crisis.) We hit a taverna down by the waterfront. The "Greek Salad" was… well, it was a salad. The tomatoes were the color of sunshine, the feta was salty bliss. But the onions? OH. MY. GOD. They were fierce. I spent the next hour silently battling onion breath and trying not to cry from both the beauty of the sunset and the sheer intensity of the onions. But the wine? Flowing freely, and making me more of a fan of the onions.
Day 2: Beach Bliss & (Attempted) Cultural Immersion (mostly failed)
- Morning: Wake up… to the sound of waves! Seriously, I can hear the waves from my balcony. This is heaven. Breakfast on the balcony – yogurt, honey, and some fruit I think I identified correctly at the market. (Google translate is my best friend in these situations.)
- Midday: Naoussa Beach. Okay, wow. Crystal clear water, soft sand, and the sun baking into my skin. Spent several happy hours doing absolutely nothing but floating in the sea, occasionally emerging to order another iced coffee. The kind of bliss that makes you forget about work, laundry, and… well, pretty much everything.
- Afternoon: Attempt at “Cultural Immersion.” Decided to wander around the little alleyways of Naoussa to see the sights. Got lost. Several times. Admired the bougainvillea. Kept getting distracted by stray cats that looked like they were judging me. They probably were. Found a tiny, adorable shop that smelled of spices and olive oil. Bought a scarf I probably didn’t need. Worth it.
- Evening: Dinner at another taverna. Ordered the grilled octopus. It looked… a little… alien. But I overcame my initial squeamishness, and it was surprisingly delicious! The waiter, a charming old man with a weathered face and twinkling eyes, taught me a few basic Greek phrases. I think I mostly just learned how to order more wine.
Day 3: The Day I Fell in Love with a Cat (and Almost Missed the Ferry)
- Morning (A Slow One): Okay, I am definitely getting used to the "siesta" schedule. Slept in. Woke up feeling… well, not hungover, exactly, but… relaxed. The Greek attitude is seriously infectious.
- Late Morning: Met a cat. Like, a real cat. A fluffy, ginger cat with one green eye and one gold eye. He (I think he was a he) was sitting outside the apartment, perfectly poised. I offered him some of my breakfast. He accepted. We bonded. I spent the entire morning talking to this cat. His name is now "Apollo." (Don't judge)
- Afternoon: Decided to take a ferry to a nearby island! Disaster. The ferry terminal was crowded, the announcements were in Greek (DUH), the sea was choppy, and I almost forgot my passport! Panic, again! Grabbed the wrong ferry, nearly ended up on the wrong island, tripped over a suitcase and nearly kissed the concrete. Somehow, I made it onto the correct ferry… just in time!
- Evening: Back at Ragousis. Grateful for the relative calm. Dinner at the apartment. Simple, delicious, and most importantly, no onions. I am learning! And, I think I prefer Apollo more than most people.
Day 4: The Quest for the Perfect Gyro & That One REALLY Loud Church Bell
- Morning: Gyro Quest! Determined to find the best gyro on Paros. Spent the morning wandering, sampling, comparing. The quest continues, but the contenders are… well, delish. There was the one with the slightly charred meat, and the incredible tzatziki, and the one just around the corner… and another one! I'm going to need to eat a LOT of gyros to make a decision. (Not complaining.)
- Afternoon: Nap. Necessary. That gyro hunt was exhausting. And the sun. Oh, the sun! It's relentless, but beautiful.
- Late Afternoon: Sitting on the balcony, reading a book. Bliss. Until… the church bell. The church bell. It's like a sonic boom, going off at regular intervals. It’s so loud, I think it rattled my teeth. It also has a strangely hypnotic quality, though. I'm getting used to it. Maybe.
- Evening: Early Dinner, and an early night. Just to recharge for the adventure that is to come!
Day 5: Farewell to Paradise (Well, for Now…)
- Morning: Trying to soak up every last drop of this magic. Another swim in the sea. One last iced coffee. Said a (tearful) goodbye to Apollo. (He didn't seem too bothered, to be honest.)
- Afternoon: Packing! (Trying to avoid the earlier unpacking chaos). Sigh. Reality is calling.
- Evening: One last taverna dinner – this time, a proper feast! Celebrating the adventure. Feeling a little melancholy… but also filled with a sense of peace. Paros, you are a gem. I’ll be back. (And next time, I’m bringing Apollo a tuna sandwich).
Final Thoughts (Post-Trip):
Okay, I'm home. Still missing the Greek sun, the salty air, and the general lack of structure. Ragousis Apartments? Perfect. Greece? Pure magic. And those onions? Yeah, I might have to learn a little more about them before my next visit, just in case. But overall, everything about this trip was exactly what I needed. Now, for the planning of the next adventure! Opa!
Fort Hood Getaway: Unbeatable Days Inn Deals!
Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Ragousis Apartment Awaits on Paros! - FAQs (and a Whole Lot More...)
Okay, Okay, Sounds Amazing. But Seriously... is it actually *Paradise*?
Look, let's be real. Paradise is a big claim. And I'm a cynical New Yorker, so naturally, my guard's up. But... yeah, maybe. Parts of it, definitely. The sunsets over Naoussa? Jaw-dropping. The crystal-clear water? Unbelievable. The smell of bougainvillea in the air? Divine.
I spent a week there last year, and honestly, I didn't want to leave. My first impression? Pure chaos. Seriously. Finding the place felt like a scavenger hunt. Google Maps kept glitching out, and I swear I asked for directions from a goat. A *goat*. Eventually, after about an hour of circling, which felt like a lifetime, I found it.
But then... the front door swings open, and BAM. Instant chill. The apartment wasn't exactly what I pictured from the photos (the lighting in the pictures was probably a little *too* good, if you know what I mean), but who cares? The view from the balcony was worth a thousand picture-perfect Instagram posts (though, of course, I posted a bunch anyway!).
So, is it Paradise? Depends on your definition. Is it an escape from the mundane? Absolutely. Did I find myself already planning my return trip before I even unpacked? You betcha.
What's the deal with the apartments? What can I realistically expect?
Okay, the apartments themselves? They're charming, but don't expect a sterile, cookie-cutter hotel room. Think "lived-in luxury." You know, the kind of place with a slightly quirky charm – think antique doors and maybe some exposed brick painted in a gorgeous, faded color – that makes you feel like you’re experiencing the *real* Paros, not some sanitized tourist trap.
Mine had a kitchen area. Let me tell you about the kitchen. It was perfectly adequate, but also, let's be honest, I mostly ate at tavernas. Cooking in it felt like a distant possibility, but hey, at least I could make coffee in the morning and have it out on the balcony. That was the real win.
The balcony! Ah, the balcony. Facing the sea. That's where I spent like...80% of my time. The sunsets alone are worth the price of admission. I watched one sunset with a bottle of local wine (that I definitely didn't finish, ahem) and just…felt pure contentment. The sound of the waves, the warm breeze…it was just blissful. Don't expect the Ritz, expect realness.
One thing that I was delighted by? The owner, a woman named Katerina. She was the sweetest woman I've ever met! She showed me how to get to the best beach, the best Bakery and even recommended the best Gyro! She was so helpful and always so cheerful. I'd come back just for her.
Is it kid-friendly?
Hmm, kid-friendly… that's a loaded question. Officially, yes. The apartments *are* family-friendly. There's space, in some cases. But here's my unvarnished opinion:
If your kids are the type who are happy to lounge on the beach, build sandcastles, and eat gelato, then absolutely. It's perfect! They'll love the freedom, the beach is shallow. The pool (if the apartment you pick has one) will be a big hit.
BUT. If your kids are the type who need constant entertainment, are fussy eaters, or have a tendency to wail at the slightest inconvenience…maybe think twice. I mean, a relaxed vacation is a gift, both for yourself and for everyone traveling with you. The apartments are lovely! But there's not really any specific kid-centric activities *at* the apartments. You have to go out and about.
What's the location like? Is it close to everything?
Ragousis Apartments are located in the village of Naoussa (at least that's what the marketing says). Naoussa is known for its stunning harbor, and it really is pretty picturesque. You're close to the sea, but you will want to hire a car (which is pretty affordable on Paros) if you want to tour around the island.
But here's the thing... "close to everything" is a relative term, right? It's walkable to the Naoussa harbor and with it the many restaurants, bars and shops. It's not exactly the center of all the action, which I, personally, loved. I wanted to escape the crowds, not be *in* them.
So, you can have your peace and quiet, but hopping in a car, you can be to the best beaches within a 15-30 minute drive. If you feel the need to be in the thick of it, well, that's also do-able but be prepared for some crowds.
I did rent a car, and I *loved* exploring. There's more to Paros than Naoussa, trust me. The beaches around the island are incredible, but they're spread out. So, yes, definitely get a car. Embrace the freedom!
How do I get around the island? Car? Bus? Camel?
Okay, about getting around. The buses are available, reasonably priced, and can get you to a lot of the main towns and beaches. But let's be real. They're crowded, and the schedules can be…optimistic.
Then there's the camel option. Just kidding. Mostly.
Rent a car. Seriously. It is relatively affordable, the roads are generally well-maintained (though can be a little narrow in spots), and it gives you the freedom to explore every hidden cove and taverna on the island. Plus , it's the only way to truly escape the madness and find those little hidden gems where the locals hang out.
Renting a car really gives you the autonomy to go where you want, when you want. It was the single best decision I made on my trip. I could spend all day on a gorgeous beach and then head back to my apartment, or go out to a taverna for dinner. Easy peasy.
What about the food? Will I starve? (I'm a foodie.)
Starve? Absolutely not. You'll be in serious danger of over-eating, my friend. The food is incredible. Fresh seafood, the best Greek salad you've ever tasted, gyros, souvlaki… I’m getting hungry just thinking about it.
The tavernas are amazing, with a good mix of traditional and more modern cuisine. I definitely gained a few pounds, but I have no regrets. I could happily have eaten seafood every single day. I didn't love the food in the tourist areas, but once you're awayOcean By H10 Hotels


Post a Comment for "Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Ragousis Apartment Awaits on Paros!"