Manhattan Midtown Escape: Unbelievable Residence Inn Deal!

Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East New York (NY) United States

Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East New York (NY) United States

Manhattan Midtown Escape: Unbelievable Residence Inn Deal!

Manhattan Midtown Escape: Unbelievable Residence Inn Deal! - A Thoroughly Messy Review

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to unleash a review of the Manhattan Midtown Residence Inn deal, the "Unbelievable" one they’re flogging. And let me tell you, it's not just about checking boxes and spitting out hotel-speak. This is real life, baby. This is my experience, warts and all, marinated in caffeine and a healthy dose of New York cynicism.

SEO & Metadata (because, you know, the internet):

  • Keywords: Manhattan, Midtown, Residence Inn, Hotel Review, Accessibility, Spa, Pool, Fitness, Wi-Fi, Breakfast, Cleanliness, COVID-19 Safety, Family-Friendly, Pet-Friendly (potentially?), New York City, Best Hotel Deals, Luxury Hotels, Value Hotels, Long Stay Midtown, NYC Hotels.
  • Meta Description: A chaotic, hilarious, and brutally honest review of the Manhattan Midtown Residence Inn, covering everything from accessibility to spa treatments (and the inevitable chaos of breakfast). Find out if their "Unbelievable" deal is actually worth it!

Let's Dive In (and possibly drown in the details)!

First off, the whole "Unbelievable Deal!" thing? Yeah, I went in with a raised eyebrow. Hotel marketing is a siren song, designed to lure you in with promises of paradise. But hey, a girl's gotta eat (and sleep somewhere that isn't her questionable couch), so I booked it.

Accessibility: Navigating the Maze

Okay, let's get serious for a minute. Accessibility is HUGE to me. As a "person of limited mobility", I give a very big fat thumbs up. The elevators were surprisingly zippy and spacious (which is a New York miracle in itself). The hallways were wide, and getting around the common areas felt relatively seamless. PHEW. Now, whether they had ramps or how easy the staff were with assistive devices, I don't know. I suggest calling them for a full assessment.

On-site accessible restaurants / lounges, Wheelchair accessible: Okay, I didn't dine in any of the on-site spots. Couldn't tell you if they were set up for wheelchairs. I'd suggest digging deeper into this if accessibility is important. But the main issue is that the bar in the lobby was not fully accessible.

Internet: The Digital Wilderness

Free Wi-Fi in all rooms? Praise be! It's a necessity, people. I need my Instagram, like, yesterday. The Wi-Fi was generally reliable, which is more than I can say for some hotels I’ve stayed in. I did get a little peeved when my work meeting suddenly went offline for 10 minutes. However, they had Internet [LAN] too, which I can't imagine who is using this in 2024, but good for them.

Things to Do, Ways to Relax: So Much Promise, So Little Time (and Possibly Energy)

Fitness center, Gym/fitness: Yes, yes, a gym. I went. Briefly. Let’s just say my enthusiasm for treadmills wanes after about 10 minutes. It was clean, though, and seemed well-equipped. Probably.

Pool with view, Swimming pool [outdoor], Spa/sauna, Spa: Okay, the pool… not my cup of tea, I do not have time for that. It was so small, and the view left something to be desired. The sauna, steamroom, body scrub, body wrap, foot bath, and massage were absent also according to their website. A big let down.

Cleanliness and Safety: The COVID-Conscious Chronicles

Listen, COVID still lingers, so I looked hard at their safety measures. The Anti-viral cleaning products, Breakfast takeaway service, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, all those things got a thumbs up. A big one! They seemed to be taking things seriously without being too overbearing. Room sanitization opt-out available? YES! Choose your own adventure on that one.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Where the Real Drama Unfolds

Breakfast [buffet]: Alright, here's where things get real. The "breakfast buffet" – it's the barometer of a hotel experience, isn't it? The Residence Inn’s buffet… well, it was… okay. It wasn't a culinary masterpiece, but it was free, and carbs were aplenty. I saw a few things that got me questioning the freshness, but I chose to stare at my phone more as time went on. Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, Coffee/tea in restaurant, and more.

Restaurants: Okay, so there's the general restaurant. No real menu to speak of. It's a very "buffet setup" type of restaurant.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Luxuries…and the Not-So-Luxurious

Air conditioning in public area: Yep, the AC worked. Essential in humid New York.

Concierge: A mixed bag. Some Concierge were fantastic, others seemed more interested in organizing their paperclips.

Daily housekeeping: My room was super clean. They did a good job putting the room together.

Elevator: Again, efficient and quick.

Dry cleaning & Laundry service: Great! However I did not need it.

Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site]: This is a win for New York, where parking is a nightmare. It was free (or included) parking.

For the Kids: Family-Friendly Fortress?

I didn't bring a child, so the Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, and Kids meal aspects are a mystery to me.

Available in all rooms:

  • Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.

  • The good: I could watch Netflix, I had a desk, a bed. They provided free water. The bed was comfy.

  • The Bad: The coffee machine was an absolute joke. It took 20 minutes to get a lukewarm cup of coffee.

  • The Ugly: The scale?! Really? I don't need that kind of negativity in my life.

The Verdict: Unbelievable (But with Caveats)

So, is the "Unbelievable Deal" worth it? Honestly… maybe. If you value a generally clean, functional space, a decent breakfast, solid Wi-Fi, and a relatively good location, it's a contender. If you're a spa connoisseur, a foodie, or a stickler for perfection, then maybe look elsewhere. It's a solid choice for a quick getaway, a business trip, or if you simply need a crash pad in Manhattan without breaking the bank. Just manage your expectations, pack your own coffee, and embrace the glorious chaos that is New York.

(Disclaimer: This review is based on my personal experience. Your mileage may vary, and everyone's experience is unique. This isn't a travel brochure; it's the raw, unfiltered truth.

Cranbrook's BEST Kept Secret: Days Inn & Conference Centre Review (You WON'T Believe This!)

Book Now

Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East New York (NY) United States

Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East New York (NY) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercup! This ain't your grandma's perfectly-packaged travel itinerary. This is a messy, beautiful, wonderfully flawed journey, scribbled down on a napkin after too much caffeine and a whole lot of New York attitude. We're gonna be staying at the Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East, because hey, free breakfast, and you know I'm a sucker for a waffle iron.

The "Pre-Trip Panic Attack" Phase (aka, Getting There)

  • Day -1 (or, the "I Should Have Started Packing Yesterday" Day): Oh sweet merciful heavens. I spent the entire day at work pretending to be productive when I should've been getting my life together. Packing feels like a Herculean task. My suitcase is a chaotic black hole, filled with the eternal hope that maybe I'll need that sequined blazer (spoiler alert: I won't). I am now simultaneously excited/ terrified.
  • Day 0 (or, "The Airport is an Existential Crisis" Day): Okay, I've crammed everything into my suitcase, possibly breaking a zipper in the process. The airport is already giving me the heebie-jeebies. The TSA line feels longer than the line for the Taylor Swift Eras tour (and that's saying something!). I see this stressed looking family and suddenly feel a deep kinship with them.
  • Arrival (or, "Did I Survive?" Day): Finally! We land in the city that never sleeps! I'd forgotten how much I love, and hate, New York. The taxi ride into Midtown is a sensory overload – honking horns, flashing lights, people practically sprinting across the street like they're trying to escape a zombie apocalypse. After a brief argument with my cabbie (he didn't take credit cards, the nerve!), I stumble into the Residence Inn.

The Heart of the Matter (aka, My Brief & Intense Love Affair with NYC)

  • Day 1: Midtown Mania & Waffle Nirvana:
    • Morning (or, "Free Breakfast is a Blessing"): Okay, praise the waffle iron gods! That free hot breakfast? Honestly, the best part of the hotel. I have inhaled about 3 waffles with so much syrup that I feel I'm swimming in it.
    • Mid-Morning (or, "Lost in the Urban Jungle"): I decide to walk to Times Square. Big mistake. Huge. It's… well, it's Times Square. Loud, overwhelming, and full of people trying to sell you things you absolutely don't need. But hey, I snagged a questionable "I Heart NY" t-shirt for my aunt Mildred. God help me.
    • Afternoon (or, "Art & Anger"): I walk through the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), but I get lost somewhere between the Van Gogh and the gift shop. I swear I can still see some guy side-eyeing my sneakers.
    • Evening (or, "Pizza Paradise"): I eat pizza. So much pizza. I have a borderline spiritual experience with a ridiculously amazing slice from a tiny, hole-in-the-wall place. The perfect cheese to sauce ratio. I may have shed a single, joyous tear.
  • Day 2: Central Park Serenity and the Broadway Blitz:
    • Morning (or, "Greenery and Gossip"): Central Park! Finally, a moment of peace. The trees are magnificent, the squirrels are plotting world domination, and I overhear a group of women gossiping about a particularly dramatic Upper East Side socialite. Glorious.
    • Afternoon (or, "Shopping Spree & Regret"): I go to a department store, because, well, retail therapy. I spend way too much money on a scarf I'll probably never wear. Regret blossoms. I need more waffles.
    • Evening (or, "Showtime or Show-off Time?"): Broadway! Seeing a show is my raison d'etre for this trip. The energy is electric, the performers are phenomenal. I may or may not have been crying at the end. (Don't tell anyone.)
  • Day 3: Greenwich Village Quirks and the High Line High:
    • Morning (or, "Coffee and Charm"): Greenwich Village! Cobblestone streets, cute little cafes, and the aroma of freshly brewed coffee. I got a pastry that I'm pretty sure was made with actual happiness.
    • Afternoon (or, "Elevated Experiences"): The High Line! Wow. Seriously, the High Line is incredible. A green oasis in the middle of the city, all while seeing the city in a totally new way. I spent a good hour just wandering, taking photos, and feeling a tiny bit smug.
    • Evening (or, "Farewell Feast"): Farewell dinner at a restaurant in the East Village. I try to be cool and order something fancy. I ended up with a dish that looked like alien food, but the company was great.
  • Day 4: The Departure: ("Goodbyes are Hard, Especially to Waffles")
    • Morning (or, "Last Breakfast, Last Chance"): One more waffle. Just one. Okay, maybe two. I'm going to miss these waffles.
    • Afternoon (or, "Airport Agony, Again"): The airport. Again. The flight home, with all the travel dramas with the bag and the security once again.
    • Evening (or, "Home Sweet, and Possibly Sleepy, Home"): Safe at home! I collapse on the couch, surrounded by dirty laundry and the lingering scent of New York pizza. Worth it.

Quirky Observations and Rambles:

  • The Subway Saga: The subway is a beast. I almost got trampled by a rogue tourist wielding a selfie stick. The people-watching is epic, though. You see it all – proposal, break up, someone spilling their coffee.
  • The Food Fight: The sheer amount of food options is overwhelming. I wanted to eat everything, all at once. My stomach is now a battleground.
  • The People: New Yorkers have a reputation, and it's partly true. They're fast-paced, in-your-face… and secretly, they're incredibly kind and helpful. I love them. Even the ones who almost ran me over on the sidewalk.
  • The Imperfection: I got lost. I missed a subway stop. I accidentally yelled at a vendor because I was too focused on my coffee. I'm not a perfect traveler, but I'm having the time of my life.

Emotional Reactions (in no particular order):

  • Pure Joy: That pizza. The Broadway show. The High Line.
  • Mild Annoyance: Times Square. The crowds. The taxi fare.
  • Overwhelming Gratitude: The waffle iron. The friendly faces.
  • Slight Panic: The thought of going home.

Final Thoughts:

New York is a chaotic, beautiful, exhausting, exhilarating city. It can make you laugh, make you cry, and make you question your sanity. But it's also a place that stays with you long after you've left. Would I go back? In a heartbeat. As long as there are waffles. Always waffles. Now, let the post-vacation blues begin!

Portland's HOTTEST Hotel? AC Hotel Downtown Review!

Book Now

Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East New York (NY) United States

Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East New York (NY) United StatesOkay, here's a messy, human, and hopefully hilarious FAQ about that Midtown Manhattan Residence Inn deal, all wrapped up in a schema.org FAQPage format... and try not to judge my mental state, okay? ;) ```html

Okay, spill. Is this 'Unbelievable Residence Inn Deal' *actually* unbelievable? Like, is it too good to be true? Give me the REAL story.

Alright, alright, settle down. Look, "unbelievable" is subjective, yeah? My *initial* reaction? My jaw hit the floor. I'm talking full-on Looney Tunes style, bouncing off the pavement. I saw the price for a Midtown Residence Inn... and my brain glitched. I was sure there was a hidden fee for… I don’t know… oxygen? A personal butler who whispers motivational quotes? Honestly, the price *was* shockingly low. But here’s the catch (because there’s *always* a catch, isn’t there? This is New York, not freaking Narnia). It wasn't a presidential suite. It *wasn’t* a sprawling penthouse with room service 24/7 (sigh...). It was a… well, it was still a Residence Inn. Which meant… yeah, it was clean. It had a decent breakfast (the waffles were a highlight, ngl). But "unbelievable" in the sense of winning the lottery? Nah. "Unbelievable" in the sense of "Wow, I can actually afford to stay in Midtown without selling a kidney"? Absolutely.

Let's talk breakfast. Everyone *knows* hotel breakfasts can be a crapshoot. What's the deal at this alleged "unbelievable" Residence Inn?

Ah, yes. Breakfast. The most important meal… especially when you're trying to navigate the concrete jungle on approximately zero hours of sleep. Okay, so the Residence Inn breakfast… it wasn't *gourmet*. Let's get that out of the way. There were the standard suspects: scrambled eggs (questionable provenance, let's be honest), sausage links (looking a little lonely under the heat lamp), cereal that tasted suspiciously like cardboard (but I still inhaled a bowl, the hunger was real). But here's the thing: it had WAFFLES. Free, fluffy, self-made waffles. And let me tell you, after a night of overpriced cocktails and questionable decisions, a perfectly acceptable (and free!) waffle is a *godsend*. I made, like, three. Maybe four. Don't judge me. It's a marathon, not a sprint, when it comes to hotel breakfast. Plus, they had that little machine for making fresh orange juice… which, surprisingly, tasted like actual oranges! (Which, in New York, is a minor miracle). All in all, it was enough to kickstart the day. Just don't expect Michelin stars, alright? And another thing, the coffee was… well, it was coffee. Acceptable. Not great, not terrible; coffee.

Okay, location, location, location! Where are we actually *in* Midtown? Is it on a noisy corner? Do I have to walk a mile to get to a subway? Are pigeons constantly dive-bombing me?

Okay, location is KEY in New York. And this Residence Inn... I'll be honest, it wasn't smack-dab in Times Square, dodging selfie sticks. But, it was in a *decent* area. Walking distance to a *bunch* of subway lines. Honestly, it was quieter than I'd expected. I mean, you're still in Midtown, so you're not going to be mistaken for being in the serene countryside. But it wasn't a constant assault on the senses. No pigeon attacks, thankfully. The biggest nuisance? Probably the occasional aggressive tour guide yelling into a microphone, trying to herd bewildered tourists like cats. You get used to it. Or you learn to embrace the chaos. Or both. I think I was doing both. The BEST thing about the location? Food, glorious food. There's food *everywhere*. You're practically tripping over amazing restaurants, delis, and pizza places. (The pizza? Oh man, the pizza…) Easy access to everything. So, location? A solid win, in my slightly sleep-deprived opinion.

Let's get personal. What was the *absolute best* and the *absolute worst* part of this whole "unbelievable" experience? Don't hold back!

Alright, the good, the bad, the ugly… Let's start with the *BEST*. Hands down, *the price*. I mean, I could actually afford to wander around Central Park without feeling like I was hemorrhaging money. That freedom? Priceless. Literally. (Well, relatively speaking). The convenience of being in Midtown, close to *everything*, was also a massive win. Seriously. You’t could walk down the street and see a Broadway show. Now, the *WORST*… Okay, this is going to sound silly, but… the elevators. Ugh. There were only two. And it was like a constant game of elevator roulette. You'd press the button, hold your breath… and hope. Hope it didn't take forever. Hope it wasn't packed. Hope you didn’t get stuck. (Thankfully, I didn't, but I *feared* it.) The wait times could be… brutal. And the other elevators! They were small! Which meant more waiting. More anxiety. More desperate glances at fellow elevator passengers. I spent a significant amount of time on this trip just… *waiting for elevators*. It's a small thing, I know. But it definitely tested my patience. New York, you win this round. You're lucky I didn't lose my cool completely.

Okay, so you're saying this deal is, like, actually *worth it*? Would you recommend it? Be honest!

Look, let's be real. No hotel is perfect. This isn't the Ritz. But for the price? ABSOLUTELY. I'd recommend it in a heartbeat (as long as you're okay with the potential elevator shenanigans.) If you're looking for a clean, convenient, and relatively affordable place to crash in the middle of Manhattan so you can go do all the *fun* stuff, GO. It's a win. It's practical. You might even get lucky enough to enjoy a waffle or two. And, let's be honest, if you're going to New York, you're not planning on spending all day in your hotel room anyway, right? Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I need a nap. That Manhattan energy zapped me.
``` Stay Finder Review

Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East New York (NY) United States

Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East New York (NY) United States

Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East New York (NY) United States

Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East New York (NY) United States

Post a Comment for "Manhattan Midtown Escape: Unbelievable Residence Inn Deal!"