Escape to Indy: Unbeatable Deals at Extended Stay America Suites (West 86th St)!

Extended Stay America Suites - Indianapolis - West 86th St. Indianapolis (IN) United States

Extended Stay America Suites - Indianapolis - West 86th St. Indianapolis (IN) United States

Escape to Indy: Unbeatable Deals at Extended Stay America Suites (West 86th St)!

Escape to Indy: Extended Stay America Suites (West 86th St) - My Truth Serum Review! (SEO-Packed & Slightly Chaotic)

Okay, folks, buckle up. This isn't your grandma's hotel review. Forget sterile, corporate jargon. This is real life, a messy, slightly rambling account of my recent stay at Extended Stay America Suites on West 86th St in Indianapolis. They promised "Unbeatable Deals." Did they deliver? Let's find out, shall we? (And yes, I'm gonna cram in those SEO keywords like a hoarder with a coupon collection. Gotta get found, right?)

(Meta: Extended Stay America Indianapolis Review, Extended Stay 86th St Review, Indianapolis Hotels, Budget Hotels Indianapolis, Accessible Indianapolis Hotels, Pet-Friendly Hotels Indianapolis, Free Wi-Fi Indianapolis, Hotels with Kitchens Indianapolis, Extended Stay America Deals)

First Impressions & the Parking Predicament:

Pulling up, it was… well, it was an Extended Stay. You know the vibe. Long, somewhat industrial exterior corridor leading to your room. The first thing I noticed? The car park [free of charge] – score! But navigating the parking lot? Felt like an obstacle course. Tight turns, a few rogue potholes… Let’s just say my car earned its keep. And the car park [on-site] proved convenient, if not beautiful.

Accessibility (Important!) & My Near-Miss:

Okay, serious time. Accessibility matters. This place mostly delivers, which made me super happy. Wheelchair accessible rooms are available, which is HUGE. They have an elevator, thankfully. The facilities for disabled guests seemed decent, but I can't personally verify the exact specs, so call ahead and ask all your questions. There are the ubiquitous ramps and such. My only real moment of panic (a quick, shallow breath type of moment) involved a ramp that looked a little precariously steep the first time I saw it. So, again, double-check if you need it! (Accessibility is NOT a joke, and I'm glad they're trying!)

Rooms: The Good, The Less Good & My Refrigerator Revelation

My room? Non-smoking (thank GOD). I’m a creature of habit, and the Air conditioning worked like a champ! It was the Internet access – wireless, Wi-Fi [free] that was a lifesaver when I was trying to finish a project last minute. I had a desk and laptop workspace, which were essentials. And, blessedly, Free bottled water was a nice touch.

The Kitchenette was… functional. Refrigerator, microwave, stove top – the basics. But here's where things get real. I opened the fridge, expecting the usual hotel-level chill. Nope. It was an ice-cold cavern! I’m talking, “Would you like some ice sculptures with your breakfast cereal?” cold. And the thing is, I loved it. It was a reminder that the world is not perfect, and that's kind of okay. It was like a small adventure during my stay.

Cleanliness & Safety (The Stuff That Matters):

Okay, let's talk about the important bits. Rooms sanitized between stays? Absolutely essential, especially these days. They touted Anti-viral cleaning products and Professional-grade sanitizing services. Honestly, the room felt clean, which is always a win! The smoke detector and fire extinguisher were present and accounted for, which made me feel a little safer. I didn't see any of the equipment, but they have things, right? Security [24-hour] is always a plus. They also had the CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property, which is always a reassuring thing.

Dining, Drinking & Snacking - Let’s Get Real!

Listen, this ain't the Ritz. No A la carte in restaurant, no Asian cuisine in restaurant. Heck, there wasn't even a restaurant! There was, however, the breakfast [buffet]. Now, I'm not a massive buffet fan, but needs must. I was happy to have Coffee/tea in restaurant and that was about it. They do have a Snack bar, for those midnight cravings. I didn't partake, but I appreciate its existence. As for room service? Nope. But you're in the room, so you can order in.

Services & Conveniences

They have the basics: Daily housekeeping, which was efficient and nice. The Laundry service was a lifesaver, and they have a convenience store if you forgot something (like, ya know, snacks). The check-in/out [express] was super easy and fast. Cash withdrawal isn't mentioned anywhere, however.

For the Kids (Or Not):

No Babysitting service, no specific Kids facilities. This isn’t exactly a family vacation destination, but I did see some families there, so it’s doable.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax (Spoiler: Don't Expect a Spa Day!)

Okay, so this isn’t a spa retreat. No Sauna, no Swimming pool (indoor or out), no Massage. The Fitness center was listed but small. No Body wrap, or Foot bath. Pretty basic. More of a place to launch from for your Indy adventures than a place to chill. But for me? The peace and quiet was a luxury in itself.

Getting Around:

Car park [free of charge] again! They also have Taxi service and Airport transfer, so you've got options. Again, I drove, so this wasn't a top concern for me.

Internet Access (Beyond the Wi-Fi):

They emphasized the Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! and for me, that's a huge deal. The Internet was reliable – thankfully!

The Verdict: Did I "Escape" Successfully?

Look, Extended Stay America on West 86th Street isn't fancy. It's not glamorous. It's not the Four Seasons. But it's clean, safe, and offers a reasonable base of operations in Indy at a decent price. You get what you pay for. The free parking, the reliable Wi-Fi, the functional kitchenette – those were all big wins for me. If you're looking for a budget-friendly option, with accessibility and are not dependent on facilities on-site, then absolutely give it a go. I'd go back. Would I recommend it? Absolutely. Just set your expectations appropriately!

Jinjiang Inn Chongqing: Unbeatable Yangjiaping & Mixc Location!

Book Now

Extended Stay America Suites - Indianapolis - West 86th St. Indianapolis (IN) United States

Extended Stay America Suites - Indianapolis - West 86th St. Indianapolis (IN) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this Extended Stay America itinerary in Indianapolis is gonna be LESS "polished brochure" and MORE "sweaty, caffeine-fueled reality." Consider this your chaotic roadmap to… well, surviving a stay in a budget hotel in the Midwest.

The Extended Stay America, Indianapolis - West 86th St.: Day 1 - Arrival & Deep Sighs

  • 14:00 - Arrival. Indianapolis Airport to West 86th. Holy Humidity! Landed in Indy. Already sweating, and I haven't even seen the hotel yet. Grabbed a budget rental car (pray it doesn't break down). The drive to the hotel… well, it wasn't terrible. Just… beige. So much beige. Extended Stay America. The name alone conjures images of lingering sadness and questionable wi-fi ("But can you really work?"). Pulled up to the curb. Parking lot looked like someone had a bake-off with potholes.
  • 14:30 - Check-in. The Front Desk Gambit. Prayed for a friendly face at reception, and got… a person. They seemed… occupied. "Uh, my name's… and I have a reservation?" (Me, feeling slightly inept). Turns out the system was as clunky as my brain after that 3 hour flight. Eventually got a key card that maybe worked.
  • 15:00 - Room Revelation. (And the Smell Test). Okay, the room… let's be honest. It's… beige. The sheets are probably… white (maybe? I'll have to check). Initial smell? Subtle… like old dryer sheets fighting with a hint of cleaning product. Successfully dodged the "smoking room" I feared would be a whole level of sad. Okay, let's unpack, get through the initial shock, and then… figure out how to get food.
  • 15:30 - "Grocery Shopping" (aka the gas station snack attack). No, I'm not fancy. No, I'm not proud. But after unpacking, even the idea of a restaurant feels like a marathon. Gas station it is. Grabbed a bag of chips, a diet coke (gotta be healthy somewhere), and… Oh God… a stale hot dog in a questionable metal container. "This is fine," I mutter to myself. "This is how adventures start."
  • 16:00 - Room Recon & WiFi Woes. WiFi is… struggling. Like a teenager trying to lift a car. Eventually, after 30 minutes of passwords, frustration, and a moment where I considered just giving up on modern technology altogether, I connected. Checked emails, booked whatever the heck I'm here to do. Work! Shivers
  • 18:00 - Dinner: The Taco Bell Experiment: My stomach is rumbling. It is time to roll. Yes, I have decided that I will take the drive to Taco Bell; because I'm a real person and the best option is what feels the right, and in the moment, that is hard shell tacos. sigh

Day 2 - Cultural Immersion & Existential Dread (Plus a Dash of Laundry)

  • 08:00 - Breakfast - The Continental Catastrophe. "Continental breakfast" is a deceptive phrase. It sounds so… European. I'm not sure what country this specific "continental" buffet came from, because there was nothing like it. Cold cereal, questionable yogurt, and pre-packaged muffins that looked suspiciously like they'd been through a time machine (and not in a good way). Ate it anyway. Desperate times, desperate measures.
  • 09:00 - "Work" - The Hotel Room Office. Settled into my "office." The ergonomic considerations in this room are… minimal. Back already screaming, but the work must go on. Tried to block out the sounds of the adjacent freeway and the faint hum of the mini-fridge.
  • 12:00 - Lunch, Revisited. Back to the gas station. The hot dog didn't kill me, so I guess that's a win? Grabbed a bag of chips, and a diet coke (again)!
  • 14:00 - Laundry Day of Doom. The laundry room! Found the coin machine. Now I will go and wash my clothes. The process is messy and awful.
  • 18:00 - Dinner - The local bar. Okay, the Taco Bell last night? I want more.
  • 19:00 - Rest. In bed, staring at the ceiling.

Day 3 - Departure & Existential Realizations at 6:00 am

  • 06:00 - Early Wake-Up, Existential Crisis. Woke up. Thinking about life. Thinking about the mini-fridge. This is no way to live.
  • 07:00 - Breakfast, Round 3. More cereal… more sadness.
  • 09:00 - Packing Up, Memories of Beige. Packing is never fun. But, I will be leaving this beige utopia.
  • 10:00 - Check Out. Exit Stage Right. Goodbye, Extended Stay. I'll always remember the beige, and the hot dogs. And the questionable wi-fi.
  • 11:00 - Head to the Airport. Adios, Indianapolis. The rental car. The Indy traffic. The journey home.

Post-Trip Ramblings:

  • The Extended Stay Experience: Honestly? It's not glamorous. It's not supposed to be. It's a place to lay your head when you're broke, or on a tight budget, or just… traveling. The staff are probably just trying to survive too.
  • The Takeaway: Sometimes, it's the small, messy, imperfect moments that make the best stories. And hey, at least I saw some of Indianapolis. And survived the hot dogs. That's something, right?

Disclaimer: Actual experiences may vary. Side effects may include: excessive chip consumption, existential dread, and an overwhelming desire to escape the beige.

Elkhart's BEST Hotel Deal? Microtel Inn & Suites Review!

Book Now

Extended Stay America Suites - Indianapolis - West 86th St. Indianapolis (IN) United States

Extended Stay America Suites - Indianapolis - West 86th St. Indianapolis (IN) United States```html

Escape to Indy: Extended Stay America Suites (West 86th St) - The Real Deal (and the Occasionally Shady Dealings) FAQs

So, are these "Unbeatable Deals" *really* unbeatable? And what's the catch? (There's always a catch, right?)

Alright, let's be frank. "Unbeatable" is a *strong* word. But honestly? For the money, at the Extended Stay on 86th Street in Indy, *yeah*, they're pretty darn good. I mean, I stayed there for a whole *month* - don't judge, life got weird, okay? - and I can tell you, I've seen worse. Think… tiny, overpriced hotel rooms where you’re practically breathing the cleaning staff's air. Here? You get a kitchenette, which is HUGE. I cooked… a lot of ramen. And maybe microwaved a few questionable leftovers, but hey, *food*! The catch? Well, it's not the Ritz. More like… a well-loved, maybe slightly dusty, reliable friend. You won’t find a spa, or room service, or anything fancy. But you'll find space. And for a decent price, *that* is often unbeatable.

What's the deal with the kitchenette? I'm a gourmet chef (cough, microwave enthusiast).

Look, the kitchenette is the reason to *consider* Extended Stay. It's got a fridge (essential for hiding your midnight ice cream binges), a microwave (duh), a two-burner stovetop (I *attempted* pancakes once… let's just say the smoke alarm got intimately familiar with my cooking skills), and a sink. Don't expect top-of-the-line anything. The pots and pans are… functional. The utensils are a mixed bag, mostly. I had to buy my own decent spatula, crucial for flipping those aforementioned pancakes (that smoke alarm is still judging me). But having the *option* to cook, even just scrambled eggs and instant oatmeal, saved my sanity (and my bank account). Truly a game-changer for extended stays.

Is the Wi-Fi reliable? Because I *need* to work (and surf the internet in my pajamas, obviously).

Ugh, Wi-Fi. The bane of every modern traveler's existence. It's… okay. Sometimes. It's not consistently blazing-fast. I'd say it’s good enough for checking emails, maybe streaming a movie (if you're patient), and absolutely essential for cat videos (priorities, people!). There were a few times I was seriously contemplating throwing my laptop out the window because the connection was so unbelievably glacial. My advice? Bring a hotspot backup. Or, you know, embrace the forced digital detox. Actually, that might be a good thing, come to think of it. Less time staring at a screen, more time… walking around, maybe. Or just staring out the window, judging the passerby. The possibilities!

Okay, let's talk about the location. Is it… safe? And convenient?

The 86th Street Extended Stay is… well, it’s on 86th Street. Convenient to a lot of stuff – restaurants (everything from fast food to nicer sit-down places), grocery stores, gas stations, the usual suspects. It's also close to the interstate, making it easy to get around Indy. Safety? It's a busy area, so there's always some activity. I never felt *unsafe*, but I wouldn't recommend wandering around alone at 3 AM. Common sense, people! And, you know, keep your car locked. That's just life, unfortunately. One time I swear I saw a raccoon in the parking lot, staring me down. That was both terrifying and hilarious.

What about the staff? Are they friendly? Helpful? Or perpetually annoyed?

The staff… is a bit of a mixed bag. I'd say, generally, they're *fine*. They are certainly not all beaming with sunshine and rainbows, but neither are they actively trying to sabotage your stay. I had a few interactions that were perfectly pleasant, a couple that were… less so. Once, I accidentally locked myself out of my room at like, 11 PM. The poor guy on duty looked like he'd seen a ghost. He eventually got me a new key, but the eye roll was *epic*. But, hey, I get it. It’s probably not the most glamorous job. Be nice. Be polite. They’ll probably be nice back. Mostly.

Is there a pool? I need to know, and if not I need to start preparing my grief.

No pool. Prepare the grief accordingly. Seriously, no pool. That was a huge bummer, especially during the Indiana summer! I ended up driving to a public pool a few times. Which was fine, I guess. But lounging by a pool at your *hotel*? That’s the dream, right? Sniff. No pool.

The worst thing about Extended Stay? Give me the hard truth.

Alright, the *worst* thing? Easy. The noise. Walls are thin. Really thin. You will hear your neighbors, *intimately*. I learned more than I ever wanted to know about the guy next door’s TV habits, and the couple across the hall's… well, let's just say they enjoyed a robust dating life. I could practically *feel* their conversations. And that highway nearby? The traffic noise permeates everything. I seriously considered investing in industrial-strength earplugs. Seriously, bring earplugs. And maybe a white noise machine. You'll thank me later. Unless you're into listening to other people's lives, in which case... well, you're in luck.

Tell me about the cleaning service. How often do they come? Do they actually *clean*?

Cleaning service? It depends on how long you’re staying. For shorter stays, maybe every day. For my month-long sentence… well, it was a scheduled thing, maybe once a week? They’d come in, make the bed (usually), empty the trash, and replenish the towels. The level of cleanliness? Variable. Let’s just say my floor was not always gleaming. My advice? Embrace the mess. It's your home now! (And if you're like me and can't tolerate a dirty anything, bring your own supplies.)

Would you stay there again?

Honestly? ProbablyHotels With Kitchenettes

Extended Stay America Suites - Indianapolis - West 86th St. Indianapolis (IN) United States

Extended Stay America Suites - Indianapolis - West 86th St. Indianapolis (IN) United States

Extended Stay America Suites - Indianapolis - West 86th St. Indianapolis (IN) United States

Extended Stay America Suites - Indianapolis - West 86th St. Indianapolis (IN) United States

Post a Comment for "Escape to Indy: Unbeatable Deals at Extended Stay America Suites (West 86th St)!"