Sharm El Sheikh's Hidden Gem: Unbelievable Sharm Reef Hotel Deals!

Sharm Reef Hotel Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

Sharm Reef Hotel Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

Sharm El Sheikh's Hidden Gem: Unbelievable Sharm Reef Hotel Deals!

Sharm El Sheikh's Hidden "Gem"? Buckle Up, Buttercup: Unbelievable Sharm Reef Hotel Deals – A Review (Or, My Brain Dump After a Week in the Desert)

Okay, people. Strap yourselves in. I've survived a week at the Sharm Reef Hotel, and frankly, I'm still unpacking – not just my suitcase, but also my feelings. Forget the glossy brochures, I'm here to give you the REAL scoop on this "hidden gem" supposedly offering "unbelievable deals." Let's just say, my expectations and reality had a bit of a… disagreement.

(Metadata, Y'all! Because SEO is a beast): Sharm Reef Hotel Review, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt, All-Inclusive, Accessibility, Spa, Pool, Restaurant, Wi-Fi, Deals, Budget Travel, Family-Friendly, Hygiene, Safety, Value, Hidden Gem, Travel Review, Egypt Hotels, Red Sea.

First Impressions: The Charm (and the Lack Thereof)

Let's be honest, the "unbelievable deals" were what lured me in. The photos online? Picture perfect. The reality? Well, let's just call it "rustic chic," if you catch my drift. The hotel itself is… how do I put this politely? A bit tired. It's seen some stuff, let's just leave it at that. And the exterior corridors? Honestly, it reminded me of a slightly sun-baked motel room scene from a forgotten 80s movie. But hey, for the price, I tried to channel my inner optimist.

Accessibility: Navigating the "Charm" (and the Obstacles)

Now, I'm not disabled, but I always appreciate a hotel that thinks about accessibility. This is where things got… interesting. The elevators were functional, thankfully. The ramp situation? Let's just say it was a bit of a sport for wheelchairs users, with some steeper inclines than I'd personally prefer. (This was a concern). Elevator: Check. Facilities for disabled guests?: Partially there. CCTV in common areas: Yup. Felt like they were watching, which is good for safety, but also felt a little… observed, if you get my drift. More on that later.

The Tech Stuff: Wi-Fi Woes and LAN Laughs

Okay, this is where I lost it a little. Remember the promise of "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!"? Lies, all lies! I swear, connecting was a challenge worthy of a Ph.D. thesis. It was in and out, slow as molasses, and frequently vanished into the digital ether. Internet access – wireless: Present, but erratic. Thank God for the Wi-Fi in public areas - it was slightly more reliable, but be prepared to fight for a signal at prime dinner hours. Internet [LAN]: Ha! I didn't even bother trying to find the jack! The Internet services were, let's say, a work in progress. My only question on this count is, why even offer a "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" promise if it's not remotely attainable?

Rooms and Amenities: A Mixed Bag of Good and "Meh"

The room itself? Alright, I guess. Clean enough, but the decor was… let’s call it "early resort." I'm being nice. The Air conditioning blasted cold air, a lifesaver in the desert heat. The Blackout curtains were a godsend for sleeping in (when the Wi-Fi finally cooperated and let me watch a movie!). They had complimentary tea, free bottled water, and a mini bar. The bathroom was basic but functional. I did appreciate the bathrobes and slippers, gotta say! And the in-room safe box made me feel a little less paranoid about leaving valuables around. The Daily housekeeping was efficient, and the towels were always fresh.

Room for Improvement: The in-room safe box was tiny. Seriously, you could barely fit a phone and wallet in there. I was stuck making choices over which gadget to keep secure.

"Things to Do" and "Ways to Relax" – More Like "Endless Buffet and Sunburns"

Okay, let's be honest: the main draw for Sharm El Sheikh is the Red Sea. So, let's be honest – I spent most of my time on the beach, which was lovely. But the hotel's offerings? A bit… lacking.

  • Swimming pool [outdoor]: Was a highlight. The Pool with view was a bonus, if you get the right angle.
  • Fitness center: I attempted the gym. It was… functional. Let's leave it at that.
  • Massage: I paid extra for an in-room massage. Worth every penny to escape the heat and get some de-stressing treatment, to be completely honest.
  • Spa: I’m told they have one. Never found it.
  • Sauna, Spa/sauna, Steamroom: shrug
  • Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath: All offered, but I preferred the ocean.
  • Bar: Plenty, but the drinks (see Happy Hour below)
  • Happy hour: Oh, the Happy hour! A glorious period of discounted (mostly) alcoholic beverages that you desperately need after baking in the sun all day.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Buffet Wars and Beyond

Ah, the food situation. This is another area where the "unbelievable deals" started to feel… well, believable.

  • Breakfast [buffet]: Your standard buffet. Eggs, bread, some questionable pastries. The Asian breakfast was a welcome change of pace one day.
  • Buffet in restaurant: A constant presence, offering a choice that wasn't always delightful.
  • A la carte in restaurant: Offered, but the buffet was simpler!
  • Coffee/tea in restaurant: Present, but often lukewarm.
  • Snack bar: Provided a much-needed break from the buffet and offered some snacks to keep hangry behavior at bay.
  • Restaurants: There were different restaurants.
  • Poolside bar: Perfect for those all-day poolside activities you were trying to avoid.
  • Coffee shop: A welcome, convenient location for a quick caffeine fix, but it was often understaffed.
  • Room service [24-hour]: Handy, especially when the Wi-Fi was down and you just wanted to hide.
  • Bottle of water: Essential

The Staff: Some Heroes, Some… Well…

The staff were generally friendly and helpful, however they seemed to run by their own time.

  • Staff trained in safety protocol: Check, especially in the dining area.
  • Front desk [24-hour]: Present. Helpful.
  • Concierge: Helpful for tours and general assistance.
  • Daily housekeeping: Always courteous.

Cleanliness and Safety: Seriously, Is it Safe Out There?

In the era of Covid, and the geopolitical situation of Egypt, safety first. The hotel tried.

  • Hand sanitizer: Everywhere.
  • Staff trained in safety protocol: Definitely present.
  • Daily disinfection in common areas: Seemed routine.
  • Rooms sanitized between stays: They said they did.
  • Hand sanitizer: Everywhere.
  • Safe dining setup: Yes, they did their best.
  • Sanitized kitchen and tableware items - yes, mostly.
  • Anti-viral cleaning products: Probably.
  • Doctor/nurse on call: A comfort knowing that it's available.
  • Fire extinguisher: Definitely.
  • Smoke alarms: Present.

Little Quirks and Annoyances:

  • The slippers were so thin, I felt like I was walking on the floor!
  • The elevator: There was only one, in operation, I seemed to spend a lot of time waiting for it.
  • The loud music that blared from the pool area all day. I love music, but sometimes I just wanted silence!
  • Bicycle parking: Seems rather odd.
  • Car park [free of charge]: A plus, despite the car situation.
  • Smoking area: Present, but it seemed like everyone smoked everywhere.

The Verdict: A "Hidden Gem" or a Slightly Tarnished Jewel?

Look, for the price, the Sharm Reef Hotel isn't terrible. But it's not a "hidden gem" either. It's more like a… a diamond in the rough that needs a serious polish. If you’re on a tight budget, and the Wi-Fi doesn’t matter (or you can survive a digital detox), and you can look past the "charm," then it might be worth it. Just go in with realistic expectations.

Would I go back? Maybe. If the price was right, and they fixed the Wi-Fi. And maybe invested in a decent coffee machine. And maybe, just maybe, offered some decent slippers. But until then? I’m going to keep searching

Susanville Getaway: Unbeatable Deals at Super 8 by Wyndham!

Book Now

Sharm Reef Hotel Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

Sharm Reef Hotel Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

Okay, buckle up, buttercup! This isn't your sterile travel brochure itinerary. This is me in Sharm el-Sheikh, trying to not get sunburnt and maybe, just maybe, find something resembling a decent cup of coffee:

Sharm Reef Hotel - The Unofficial Diary of a Very Ordinary Tourist

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Luggage Debacle (Featuring Panic)

  • 7:00 AM (ish) - London Stansted: Woke up late, threw everything in a suitcase that definitely wasn't over the weight limit (lies, all lies). The airport was its usual chaotic self. Already feeling a low-level hum of anxiety, mainly because I'm terrible at being places on time.

  • 11:00 AM - Flight: The flight was… a flight. Economy class. Tiny seats. The usual. Started to get into a book, but quickly realized I'd left my reading glasses at home. Classic. Decided to listen to a podcast instead, which involved a very grumpy man talking about the history of… of something. Lost interest in the middle of a sentence.

  • 4:00 PM (Egypt Time) - Arrival at Sharm El Sheikh Airport: Oh. My. God. The heat hits you like a physical force. Like, I stepped off the plane and instantly felt a bead of sweat start to run down my spine. And the luggage? Apparently, my suitcase decided to take a leisurely tour of the baggage carousel. Waited a good 40 minutes watching everyone else get their bags. Finally, it came. It looked battered and bruised, like it had been to war. It probably had.

  • 5:00 PM - Sharm Reef Hotel Check-In: The lobby is HUGE. All marble and chandeliers. A little too fancy for my taste, to be honest. Checked in, got a room key, and navigated the maze of hallways (got lost twice). The room…well, it's a room. Cleanish. The air con works, which is the most important thing. Also, the mini-fridge is stocked with things I won't touch (warm beer and something ominously labeled "Carbonated Orange Drink").

  • 6:00 PM - Exploring the Hotel - (or, at least, trying to not die of thirst): Okay, the pool area is actually pretty nice. Clear water, a few sunbeds. Found a bar, got a (very watery) margarita. Sat by the pool and watched people. There's a family with five screaming kids, a couple who look like they've been sunbathing since the dawn of time, and a guy aggressively showing off his abs. I'm definitely not the target demographic.

  • 7:30 PM - Dinner (aka The Food Odyssey): Went for dinner at the hotel buffet. Oh boy. Where do I even start? There was a "pasta station" where the guy seemed to be actively fighting the concept of al dente. The pizza tasted like cardboard. The salad was…well, let's just say I'm glad I brought my own Pepto-Bismol. Took a small portion of couscous, and ate some of this weird bread, which was okay, I think.

    • Anecdote: There was a woman wearing a sequined top to dinner. Sequins! At a buffet! She looked completely unphased while piling her plate high with questionable-looking meats. I respect her commitment.
  • 9:00 PM - Post-Dinner Strolling (and Anxiety About the Next Day): Trying to walk off the over-eating. Walked along the beach. The water is luminous in the dark. The air is warm. Not bad, I guess. Still somewhat worrying about tomorrow. Scuba diving! Or, trying to scuba dive, anyway. I'm a terrible swimmer. Pray for me.

Day 2: The Underwater Nightmare (or, the Day I Almost Drowned… But Survived!)

  • 8:00 AM - Breakfast (Round 2 of the Food Odyssey): Okay, the breakfast buffet is worse than dinner. The "juice" is clearly fruit-flavored sugar water. The eggs are rubbery. Found some toast, which I smothered in butter. Survival tactics.
  • 9:00 AM - Scuba Diving Orientation: Met the dive instructor, who was tanned, muscular, and spoke with a thick accent. He seemed nice, but also a bit intimidating. Learnt the basics of scuba diving, and spent about all of it being completely terrified. The equipment looks heavy and complicated. The whole thing felt like a recipe for me, personally, to die underwater.
  • 11:00 AM - Into the Deep!: Hopped on a boat and headed out to a dive site. The coral looked beautiful. The water… cold! The fear was real. Getting into the water was the hardest thing. The instructor kept trying to get me to go face-first into the water, but I was so nervous that I just wanted to turn around. The dive itself… well, let's just say it involved equal parts panic and wonder. Tried to go down, but I kept floating up. I was kicking. I was fumbling with the breath regulator. I was sure I was going to drown.
    • Quirky observation: The fish! They were beautiful, like little rainbows darting around. But all I saw was panic.
    • Emotional Reaction: At one point, I seriously thought I was going to die. My mask flooded. I couldn't breathe. I was gulping air and flailing in the water. Suddenly, the instructor grabbed my arm and pulled me down, and guided my hand to help stop my mask from leaking. It was the most frightened I've ever been.
  • 12:00 PM - Post-Dive Debrief (and a strong drink): Managed to survive. Dragged myself back onto the boat, pale and shaking. The instructor told me I did great (lies, all lies). Had a large, unflavored drink to calm my nerves.
  • 2:00 PM - Beach Time (and a lesson in sun protection): Spent the afternoon on the beach, recovering. Definitely slathered on suncream every hour (lesson learned from the past).
  • 7:00 PM - Dinner (The Great Meat Investigation): Tried the hotel's "a la carte" restaurant. Ordered a steak. It arrived. It was, well, let's just say it had seen better days. It was dry and tasteless. Felt defeated.
  • 8:30 PM - Evening Walk (Contemplating My Life Choices): Walked along the beach, trying to shake off the feeling that my life peaked at age 10.

Day 3: Snorkeling, Souvenirs, and the Search for Decent Coffee

  • 9:00 AM - Snorkeling (A Slightly Less Terrifying Underwater Experience): Tried snorkeling. Much better than scuba diving! Still a bit nervous but the coral and fish were gorgeous. Got a bit too close to a particularly grumpy-looking parrotfish. It didn't attack, but gave me a very judgemental stare.
  • 11:00 AM - Souvenir Shopping (The Art of Bargaining): Went to Naama Bay to buy some souvenirs. Got hopelessly lost in a maze of stalls. Haggled for a scarf that was probably made in a sweatshop but it’s pretty. Feeling like I was ripped off but also proud.
  • 1:00 PM - Lunch (The Coffee Quest): Desperate for a decent cup of coffee. Found a cafe in Naama Bay that looked promising. It turned out to be very mediocre, which was more disappointing than I thought it would be. Ate something called a 'shawarma', which was decent but not incredible, and made me sleepy.
  • 3:00 PM - Pool Time (and people watching): Back to hotel and pool. Watching everyone else have fun, it makes me feel better, even though I'm just kind of existing here.
  • 7:00 PM - Dinner (Back to the Buffet…sigh): Back to the buffet. Avoided the pasta station like the plague. Found some sort of grilled chicken that was… edible.
  • 9:00 PM - Nightcap and the Eternal Question: Finished the night with a cheap drink and a new friend on the beach. The question of whether I'd come to Sharm el-Sheikh ever again remains open. Maybe, if they get coffee that will actually wake me up.

Day 4 and Beyond (The Future is Uncertain and Likely Involving More Sunscreen):

  • The future is a blur: More sun, more food, more questionable beverages, and maybe a day trip to an island. The search for good coffee continues. The anxiety? Still lurking, but maybe, just maybe, I'm
Escape to Paradise: Unforgettable Villa Herencia Stay in San Juan!

Book Now

Sharm Reef Hotel Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

Sharm Reef Hotel Sharm El Sheikh Egypt```html

Sharm El Sheikh's Hidden Gem: Unbelievable Sharm Reef Hotel Deals! - Your Messy Guide

Okay, spill it. What's SO unbelievable about these "deals?" Is it just marketing fluff?

Alright, alright, settle down with your cynicism! Look, I've been burned by "deals" before. Remember that "all-inclusive paradise" in Cancun? More like "all-inclusive disappointment." BUT, and this is a big BUT, the Sharm Reef Hotel deals...they're actually… *gasp*… pretty good. Seriously. We’re talking often about prices that make you squint at your screen and secretly wonder if you've accidentally clicked on a phishing link. I’m not gonna lie, the initial skepticism was high. My friend Sarah and I, we're basically professional deal-sniffers. We sniffed… and we were pleasantly surprised. Think budget-friendly with a touch of… charm. More on that later.

So, charm huh? What kind of charm are we talking about? Dirty charm? Quirky charm? Grandma's-house charm?

Okay, "charm" is a loaded word, isn't it? Let's say it's a mix. Think…slightly faded grandeur. Picture this: the lobby, a little worn around the edges, but with huge, sun-drenched windows and a view that *literally* made me forget my coffee (a *major* feat). There's definitely Quirky charm - the staff wear these slightly-too-small polo shirts with the hotel logo, and it's so endearingly kitsch! And Grandma's-house charm too! - the service, while not always lightning-fast, is genuinely warm and friendly. And the food? I'm not going to lie, it's not Michelin-star, but it's plentiful, tasty, and you're practically *guaranteed* to meet some characters.

I'm a picky eater (aren't we all, really). What's the food situation? All-inclusive? Buffet-hell?

Alright, deep breaths, fellow foodie. Yes, it's usually All-Inclusive, hallelujah! And yes, there's a buffet. The horror! Kidding. Kinda. Look, the buffet is... a buffet. There's a lot of the familiar: omelets made to order (get yours with extra cheese), pasta stations, the bread…oh the bread… sometimes slightly stale, sometimes glorious. The key is to explore! There are usually themed nights, which helps break things up. And honestly, after a couple of days, you stop judging the food with quite so much intensity. You’re on holiday! Embrace the carbs! BUT, the real prize? The a la carte restaurants! Some deals give you access to these without surcharges. Seriously, try the seafood restaurant. The grilled fish was phenomenal. The view of the reef at sunset? Priceless. Okay, maybe not priceless, but certainly worth more than what you paid for the whole darn trip!

The reef. That's what they're all about, right? Is it actually good for snorkeling/diving?

Oh, the reef. This is where Sharm Reef really shines, baby! The location is PERFECT. Like, seriously, *perfect*. You can literally walk right off the beach, slap on a mask, and boom, you're snorkeling. Coral? Stunning. Fish? Everywhere! Vivid colours that make you forget all the stress of your life. I swear, I saw a clownfish give me stink eye. True story. I've snorkeled in the Maldives (bragging rights, I know) and this is up there. Diving? They have a dive center right on the hotel grounds with boat trips. SO worth it. My friend Sarah? Total beginner. By the end of the trip, she was practically a mermaid! I was so proud, I almost cried..

Dealing with the Heat - How do I survive?

The heat in Sharm can be brutal. Seriously. Bring ALL the sunscreen, the hat, and the light clothing. Hydrate like your life depends on it (because it kinda does). Find shade where you can, and don't be a hero! Spend your afternoons lounging by the pool or doing some indoor activities. And, absolutely, take advantage of the late afternoon breeze at the beach. It's the best feeling. And don't be shy about asking the hotel staff for help. They are used to the heat. They'll give you great tips.

Hidden Fees and Annoying Surprises? What's the catch?

Okay, here's where things get a little… murky. There *can* be hidden fees. Read the fine print, friends! Drinks not being included in the All-Inclusive package? It's a bummer, but sometimes that's the deal. Extra charges for specific activities? Possibly. Wi-Fi? Usually not great, and often comes with a fee. But honestly? For the price, it's still a steal. Just be aware, and don’t let the little things ruin your holiday. My advice? Build a buffer into your budget for incidentals. And maybe bring a good book for those Wi-Fi-free moments. The sunsets on the beach are infinitely better than wifi anyway. I'm just saying.

Is it family-friendly? Or is it more of a spring-break, party-hard kind of place?

It's... a mix. It's not a rowdy party destination. Families and couples will fit right in. There are kids clubs (I peeked briefly - looked pretty decent). There are also quiet areas for some peace and quiet. But it's not boring! There's a good balance of activities and relaxation. And the staff are super kid-friendly! So, yes, overall I would say it's a place for everyone.

The Rooms! Are they… habitable? Clean? Like, please don't make me share my bed with critters!

Okay, the rooms are… functional. Let's put it that way. They are not the most luxurious accommodations you will ever experience. Some are dated. Some have great views. Some have…interesting smells that you'll get used to... or not. But they are clean. *Relatively* clean. And the AC works! Thank the heavens for that. Just remember, you're there for the reef, the sun, and the experience, not to spend all day in your room. And if you *do* have a problem, the staff are usually pretty quick to help. (I had a weird plumbing issue, and it was fixed faster than I expected.) Pack earplugs. That's always a good idea for any hotel. The construction/maintenance can start early.

Okay, you’ve sold me. How do I actually book these "unbelievable" deals? Where do I look?World Wide Inns

Sharm Reef Hotel Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

Sharm Reef Hotel Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

Sharm Reef Hotel Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

Sharm Reef Hotel Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

Post a Comment for "Sharm El Sheikh's Hidden Gem: Unbelievable Sharm Reef Hotel Deals!"